Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you use the custom launcher there's also the TriadBuddy plugin that tracks a lot of that stuff inside the card list menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'd probably give that a go if I could, alas, I am a console buddy

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Kerrzhe posted:

saw some guy in a super bowl headline named Cooper Kupp. that's just straight up a moogle's name.
https://twitter.com/StoryTimeNost/status/1493027919584763907

And this one is pretty close as an actual moogle

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nine Triple Triad cards left that refuse to drop. Four Field Notes left that refuse to drop. Six Gwiber mounts left that refuse to drop.

Ra-La, free me from this mortal coil. :negative:

Seriously, does the Eden's Promise card even exist?!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got it, supposedly. My stubborn drops are the burn and a hard mode dungeon

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Seriously, does the Eden's Promise card even exist?!

it took me 50+ tries to get, but yes it exists. hang in there buddy, i'm praying for you

it took me that many tries INCLUDING all the savage clears i did, which should arguably have higher drop rates. why the gently caress does this fight with a four minute cutscene in the middle have such a low drop rate aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does any healer on Excal want an easy P1S + P2S clear wednesday night at 10PM est? our static's AST won't be around for our reclears. obviously people who've beaten the fight only, we only set aside like 30-40 minutes on wednesday and don't have the time or energy to bring someone up to speed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kyrosiris posted:

Holy gently caress that's a lot of stuff on sale.

cruise chaser mount for $21... i'm sorely tempted, won't lie

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just got SCH to level 70 today and set up my Sage bars with how I've been playing SCH in mind, and I'm so, so glad I took the time to learn the job. Sage makes so much more sense now, and I have a relatively comfortable crossbar setup for the job.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's weird revisiting a class you haven't played for a bit and just marvelling about how garbage your bars are. "drat bitch, you played this way?"

I picked up BLU for the first time in months and immediately rearranged everything

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'd like to get more active on BLU now that your spellbook presets also save your keybinds (I've never been fond of the "save your bars on a class/job you never play" macro method), but yeah one of the big things I did in the last few days of shadowbringers was a complete review of all my job hotbars since some of them had 6+ years of cruft on them. the ones that saw the biggest change were healers, swapping the priority of healing and damage gcd spells on my hotbars, and some general rebinding of skills to get common skills (knockback immunities and tank short cooldowns, for example) on the same button on multiple jobs.

if anyone cares I documented my process in a twitter thread here

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ciaphas posted:

I snagged that and a bunch of emotes I'd had my eyes on because gently caress it, 30% off is a drat good excuse.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

5.3: Ah gently caress, I can't handle all these sad goodbyes. My eyes hurt from crying so much, and I'm only halfway done.

e: big :laffo: at Alisae whining about not getting any character development costume change

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 15, 2022

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

sirtommygunn posted:

5.3: Ah gently caress, I can't handle all these sad goodbyes. My eyes hurt from crying so much, and I'm only halfway done.
Yeah, Cutscenes (Savage) is pretty violent especially the Seto one

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zanael posted:

Yeah, Cutscenes (Savage) is pretty violent especially the Seto one

That one is basically weaponized :gbsmith: and if it doesn't make you ugly cry then you might be some kind of monster.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

can't decide between this and the fat moogle...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

I snagged that and a bunch of emotes I'd had my eyes on because gently caress it, 30% off is a drat good excuse.

my defenses fell and i bought the mount as well

haven't actually got a chance to even try it yet because i'm eyeballs deep in late EW MSQ

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Only cash shop mount I have is Cloud's bike (friend gifted me it for my birthday a few years back) but if I was gonna buy myself a cash shop mount it'd be Fat Moogle, no contest

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm very tempted by the Fatter Cat being on sale, although the dream would of course be an eight-seater Fattest Cat

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah I’m thinking Fatter Cat thoughts too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Weedle posted:

can't decide between this and the fat moogle...

If you're not the type to mute your mount bgm, which would you prefer to hear while flying around with a buddy - Exponential Entropy or Good King Moggle Mog XII?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

personally i have /mountbgm on a macro so i just toggle that as desired

for example i always turn it on if the random mount button selects the Ravana bird. i love that waltz-y opera thing and its dramatic opening notes :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Antivehicular posted:

I'm very tempted by the Fatter Cat being on sale, although the dream would of course be an eight-seater Fattest Cat

Fattest Cat would loving rule and I'd buy it in a nanosecond, in spite of owning both the Lunar Whale and Fatter Cat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

just unlocked the 89 trial - very surprised (and pleased) to see it's Trust-supported, but slightly annoyed by the plot lead-up to it, specifically the trope of proving oneself in deadly combat with a close ally. that one always gives me a big ol' eyeroll, even when it seems completely justifiable in the plot

not that that matters at all, mind you :black101:

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
The Fatter Cat is an A+ purchase that I can wholeheartedly recommend, it is just so squishy and cute and it's feet go patta-patta-patta and it goes MROW when you summon it or get off of it! :kimchi: It has brought such joy into my FFXIV life.

I will be there on day one to give them all my money if they make a Fattest Cat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

one of my favorite parts of fatter cat is the mildly disturbing mount guide description

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ciaphas posted:

just unlocked the 89 trial - very surprised (and pleased) to see it's Trust-supported, but slightly annoyed by the plot lead-up to it, specifically the trope of proving oneself in deadly combat with a close ally. that one always gives me a big ol' eyeroll, even when it seems completely justifiable in the plot

not that that matters at all, mind you :black101:

don't read until after, but I am curious if it being a genuine 'I'm fading and my time has come to an end, I want you to kill me so you can show you're worthy of protecting things without me' thing made it better for you. I also hate the 'prove your worth to me by fighting me with your real sword and super magics!' trope but I really liked the angle of 'no but for real killing me proves you're able' sincerity.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh no. I found 2 pretty handily. Some schmuck in Coerthas and the deftarm. 106/107. This is gonna be painful.

ah motherfucker, it was Linu Vani hiding behind the beast tribe symbol

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 15, 2022

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Triple Triad thing seems weird to me, I was having fun playing it and thought getting that mount would be cool but I have to do a lot of very difficult Triple Triad things to get it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

On the subject of Triple Triad, is there any way to get cards out of your inventory besides going through the tutorial and, I guess, getting the card bank or whatever? I don't really want to do TT stuff, especially since I have enough distractions in this game as stands, but I got a few cards from Heaven-on-High and it'd be nice to get those inv slots back.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

don't read until after, but I am curious if it being a genuine 'I'm fading and my time has come to an end, I want you to kill me so you can show you're worthy of protecting things without me' thing made it better for you. I also hate the 'prove your worth to me by fighting me with your real sword and super magics!' trope but I really liked the angle of 'no but for real killing me proves you're able' sincerity.

it does make it better, yeah

tbh that annoyance was replaced by annoyance at myself for wiping out twice well, six times before i finally noticed the mechanic indicator the whole fight is based on. in my limp defense, it didn't help that the Trust bamboozled me by loving up mechanics intentionally early in the fight, i'd kind of come to expect them to be perfect mechanics barometers from previous dungeons

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Y'shtola always gets them right and even calls out something like, "I can see the flow of her aether..!" in one of those little speech bubbles

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

On the subject of Triple Triad, is there any way to get cards out of your inventory besides going through the tutorial and, I guess, getting the card bank or whatever? I don't really want to do TT stuff, especially since I have enough distractions in this game as stands, but I got a few cards from Heaven-on-High and it'd be nice to get those inv slots back.

Using them and trading them to various card vendors in the gold saucer, never tried to just throw them on the floor before

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

You can sell them for a little mgp at the gold saucer, at least I think you can, no idea if you need to have unlocked it I guess.

I've never played it either, but I still learn any new cards I get and sell the rest

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

sirtommygunn posted:

e: big :laffo: at Alisae whining about not getting any character development costume change

Urianger is the biggest dork in that scene and I love it.

Kyrosiris posted:

Fattest Cat would loving rule and I'd buy it in a nanosecond, in spite of owning both the Lunar Whale and Fatter Cat.

But would you fight the Fattest Cat?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Runa posted:

Y'shtola always gets them right and even calls out something like, "I can see the flow of her aether..!" in one of those little speech bubbles

:stare::doh:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meanwhile Estinien is, well, lmao

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yaay i have a floor-tanking buddy :unsmith:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Big respect to my man for instantly trying to fight every enemy in the main storyline instead of waiting to be bamboozled tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Regarding Y'shtola if you take her into Vanaspati does she have a harder time doing mechanics?