Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Really? Ghosts aren't real? Then what about all of the orbs I keep hearing about?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:orb:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

:hmmyes:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

No Mods No Masters posted:

*With the air of one breaking the in case of emergency glass* I think I've found something that didn't make sense in star wars 8

lost on the last page... like... posts in the rain

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Remember in 1998 when Christopher Lambert starred in Simple Jack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojZNxgBGYg

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

These guys gently caress

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gandalf, Elrond, and Galadriel have some explaining to do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don’t care about any of that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anime

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don’t care about any of that

Get used to it, because lovely hot takes about LotR: Prestige Boobs is all the content we're getting

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Anime isn't real.

Y'all are just staring at screens imagining the sickest poo poo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Anime isn't real.

Turn off your monitor.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm suddenly furious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Christ, that's a horror movie

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Turn off your monitor.

*you're

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get used to it, because lovely hot takes about LotR: Prestige Boobs is all the content we're getting

I’ll simply scroll down

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I just watched the resident evil marathon episode of HitB, and boy howdy do I want to get the fellers together now and do the same thing. It just looks so fun getting hammered and slagging those 'films' for an evening.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gandalf, Elrond, and Galadriel have some explaining to do.

Already explained. There was a massive war in the Third Age that destroyed the northern kingdom of Arnor and then as Gondor fell into decline and civil war there was also a great plague which is why the Third Age is so sparsely populated.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

mallratcal posted:

Really? Ghosts aren't real? Then what about all of the orbs I keep hearing about?

Check your DMs for pics of my orbs.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Turn off your monitor.

Shinjobi posted:

Christ, that's a horror movie

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:tipshat:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cowcaster posted:

someone on the disenfranchised team saw that one time they had like leela's parents peering out of a sewer grate 10 episodes before they showed up in futurama and was like "let's do that 150 times an episode". just spill loving breadcrumbs everywhere and for everything. elfo's mom? 30 different hints that she's an ogre. secret conspiracy from meru? 45 different on screen locations their symbol shows up. drop hints for poo poo that doesn't even loving matter. remember that one time there was a gag about an elf named leavo? boom, shows up later. those amphora found in one episode? turns out they're for the trogs. more hints, more hints, more hints!

The biggest issue with this, for me, is that I just do not care whatever the gently caress grand mystery they're spinning out. For one, it reminds me of Lost/BSG/Westworld and we know how those ended when they finally ran out of rope, but also I'm not even curious about it either. There is just nothing even remotely engaging about any of the ongoing twists and turns. They're going all the way up their own asses with mystery box bullshit, and I could not give less of a gently caress about what's in the box.

I think that's fundamentally a problem with the show at this point because it's not really episodic enough to be enjoyable as stand alone episodes either.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Anybody else just bored with s2 Raised by Wolves?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Ghosts are fake as poo poo.

When I was a kid in the 80s, I read nothing but paranormal non-fiction poo poo. Ghosts, UFOs, Big Foot, the Bermuda Triangle (you don’t hear about that one anymore!), Loch Ness monster, all that poo poo.

If you would’ve told me that virtually everybody would have a video camera in their pocket whose quality would put home video cameras at that time to shame, and they could instantly upload that video to be accessible to the whole wide world within seconds, I would’ve thought for sure there’d be irrefutable evidence of SOMETHING supernatural by now.

Nope. All that poo poo is bullshit, and people are either stupid or liars or some combination of both. I have such utter contempt for the morons still believing in that poo poo today. It also helps that they’ve all turned into violent, fascist, neo-Nazis from listening to Alex Jones.

Edit:

I very much disrespect people who say that ghosts exist. :hmmyes:
Yeah Unsolved Mysteries and Communion and Sightings and their ilk (not to mention explicitly fictional shows like The X-Files) did a lot to popularize ghosts and aliens and cryptids in the popular imagination and cheesy as they were I kinda miss them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0M0wDe0yHc

But all those things didn't go away since everyone got a portable camera in their pocket, they've only increased - just as the technology to fake them has only increased as well. The difference is they just go straight to youtube and tiktok and similar social media where they get compiled into clickbait clip shows that aren't quite the same without Robert Stack's dulcet tones to soothe your soul, but still scratch a similar itch. If you watch a few of them the algorithm will start recommending you a whole world of videos you likely never knew existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3wZAZHPkM

Because they are so easy to fake they don't get the attention they used to, of course. Hell, it took the american government releasing their own pilot and drone cam UFO videos to even make any news stories because if someone were just uploading those vids to the internet everyone's first assumption upon seeing weird dots and lights moving around with no regard to gravity or physics would be "not even a believable fake lol!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_M0hLlJ-Q

So the thing is UFOs exist and are caught on camera. Weird unexplained temperature fluctuations and strange sounds with no known cause are recordable and observable. Unknown and undiscovered species exist and new ones are discovered every day. But it doesn't mean alien species are hot rodding around in flying saucers. It doesn't mean the spirits of the dead are still here hanging around us in noclip mode. And it doesn't mean a giant dinosaur like creature has been stuck in this one lake for hundreds of years. That's where skepticism is useful.

Also agreed on conspiracy nuts going full fascist in recent years. One conspiracy I absolutely do believe is that there has been a concerted effort by some rich people to throw a lot of money around and lead as many of these disparate groups of conspiracy nutjobs in that direction.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

priznat posted:

I’ve been meaning to watch more eps of that show but I saw that one and it was.. I dunno how I felt about that because they seemed like nice inclusive people who were just really into avatar and were pretty socially disadvantaged. But just wayyyy too into avatar. The show didn’t judge them or paint them as weirdos or anything, it was kind of nice.

For judgement and mockery I think Steven Segal is a worthy target tho

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1492926865631236099

Lol at his demonstration, the edit showing the audience trying not to laugh is excellent.

Real talk: I took Aikido run by an instructor that (allegedly) worked with Steven Seagal before he went to Japan. Allegedly.

It was in a tiny little beach town called Leucadia north of San Diego about thirty years ago. There was a picture on the wall of Seagal, and the head of the dojo - both significantly younger.

It had a bunch of black belts that didn't interact with us newbies at all, not a single mid-level belt, and a bunch of newbies that got tired of the cliquishness and probably cycled through a lot.

I got really limber, learned how to fall and roll effortlessly from a variety of directions, and (as an idiot 19-year old) learned a variety of ways to twist wrists that I annoyed my friends with for about a year.

--

About five years later, early in the internet, I was a designer at a web agency, and the owner had a chance to pitch a site to Steven Seagal. I'm bummed I didn't get to go. From what I heard, it was wild.

His mansion was decorated like a Japanese castle, he made the web sales team wait 20 minutes in the foyer, came out in a kimono wearing dark sunglasses, and sat on a throne-like chair that was 2-ish feet higher than where the guests sat.

He mostly just sat there while his second-in-command asked most of the questions, and the few times he interjected he spoke about himself in third person.

--

OK, those are my two Steven Seagal stories.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you kept those quiet!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Aliens are real, Alien ALLOYS are real, the government admitted they don't know what UFOs are. Anyway, see ya later.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

thoughts and prayers posted:

About five years later, early in the internet, I was a designer at a web agency, and the owner had a chance to pitch a site to Steven Seagal. I'm bummed I didn't get to go. From what I heard, it was wild.

His mansion was decorated like a Japanese castle, he made the web sales team wait 20 minutes in the foyer, came out in a kimono wearing dark sunglasses, and sat on a throne-like chair that was 2-ish feet higher than where the guests sat.

He mostly just sat there while his second-in-command asked most of the questions, and the few times he interjected he spoke about himself in third person.

It would certainly explain a lot of Seagal just literally thinks he's the Emperor of Japan.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Jon Irenicus posted:

Aliens are real, Alien ALLOYS are real, the government admitted they don't know what UFOs are. Anyway, see ya later.

Wait, the government hasn't been able to identify what Unidentified Flying Objects are? Shocking!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In my old apartment a guy hung himself in the closet a few years before I moved in.

The place always felt weird and then I got a dog and she'd sit for hours staring at the closet or she'd start barking and chase an invisible thing to the closet.

And of course anywhere you go in New Orleans or Mississippi has the same super weird vibe and then you learn afterwards like 10 slave children were beaten to death there to suppress a rebellion and a year later the slaves tore apart a field master and they were hung or disemboweled for it.

I'm not religious but it's unsettling as poo poo that you can feel the energy of a bad place with no knowledge of it.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

That's every dog everywhere. You can't feel a place's energy what the hell are you morons going on about. At least Mike was very ashamed to admit that he sometimes liked to think about ghosts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DebonaireD posted:

That's every dog everywhere. You can't feel a place's energy what the hell are you morons going on about. At least Mike was very ashamed to admit that he sometimes liked to think about ghosts.

Maybe you can't because your aura is tainted.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Eh some places got a vibe

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

You could also just be smelling the poorly-cleaned remains of dead person fluids still stuck in the carpet and your bodily instincts to avoid dead thing smell is getting to you. There are plenty of studies about things we perceive being below the threshold of noticeable still having real-life, quantifiable effects on us.

It's make sense if a dog was more sensitive to that, since it's not 'mmm good food' or 'mmm my own poop', but year-old dead stuff.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
new bel air discourse is way weirder than new lotr discourse

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The cashier at the grocer today tried to make small talk with the guy in front of me. Asked if he’d seen the new Fresh Prince reboot. The guy checking out replied with the fastest, angriest “No!” I’ve ever heard.

Ended that conversation right quick.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Disenchattin, it's like someone wanted to mash up Futurama and Lost and acquired a severe head injury before they started writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Maybe you can't because your aura is tainted.

I'm just out here looking to get my taint aura'd