Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is bard good at all? It feels extremely anemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

Is bard good at all? It feels extremely anemic

It took me a while to get there but around lvl 40 and I'm having a very good time as bard. Dissonance and Stigma should be your primary aoe damage dealers and you'll eventually get to max out Soundholic with the focus fire upgrade and it does a ton of damage to bosses as a back shot, with the tradeoff being you can't move while it's firing anymore. Gives you some much needed single target damage for bosses. It's neat putting down a couple aoes and using the push skill to push groups of enemies back into the aoe and making them walk through it again. I'm using this guide for some help with what to focus on and it's helped a lot.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hemish posted:

Is there a way to get the previous Twitch drops? If I look at the Twitch Drop page from my account, it shows that the Paper Hat is still there but it doesn't list any streamers and it seems all streamers are currently dropping Helgaia Pet and Saphia Pet (I got both of these last night and this morning).

twitch shows "LoLA Arkesia Paper Hat Chest Tue, Feb 8, 11:00 AM - Tue, Mar 1, 3:00 AM EST" https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns

So just keep at it, it'll even get to the other stuff beyond the pets I guess, that's what I'm doing right now with that twitch drop miner someone linked earlier.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

afkmacro posted:

twitch shows "LoLA Arkesia Paper Hat Chest Tue, Feb 8, 11:00 AM - Tue, Mar 1, 3:00 AM EST" https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns

So just keep at it, it'll even get to the other stuff beyond the pets I guess, that's what I'm doing right now with that twitch drop miner someone linked earlier.

Yeah but it seems the streamer decides what they'll actually drop and everyone is saying T3 which seems to be the 2 pets and the starter item(T1?) set and paper hat(T2?) are in the past and it's too late it seems.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

joepinetree posted:

god drat you guys werent kidding when you said that sorceress at low levels feels like cheating.

Definitely feeling this. Shooting out giant elemental waves makes it feel almost effortless mowing through enemies. I just unlocked the big charged up thunderstrike spell, and that feels a bit clunky, though.

The Shortest Path posted:

Sorceress feels really weird to me, idk if other classes work like this or if it's just her but several of her skills do practically nothing while others one-shot entire waves of enemies. Tried them all at max skill level too, this isn't just a level scaling thing.

It's not really a problem I guess because she has plenty of the skills that do huge damage (and they're very satisfying to use) it's just weird that several of the abilities are borderline useless.

In my experience, some of the skills definitely feel weaker than others, but I can still use them while the strong skills are on cooldown. I haven't looked at the skill customization trees much yet, but I'm guessing the weak spells might be useful for placing debuffs or something later on.

EDIT: Also, it looks like many skills have an option to change element. Maybe there will be reason to specialize in particular types of damage.

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 14, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish there were elementless options because I like the aesthetic of the pink fairy magic

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Anyone looking for drops, looks like this twitch drop miner is working now, however you do need to download source as executable isn't updated yet.

https://github.com/DevilXD/TwitchDropsMiner
Anyone have instructions how to do this? I'm guessing I need to build the source myself, but it seems more complicated the just running build.bat? (Which seems to suggest I need a pyinstaller or something?)

e: Never mind, I kind of figured it out, it only required falling down a hole of installing python and a bunch of dependency libraries lol

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 14, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
eurostreamers are real close to the hoverboard mount

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/community/legends-of-lost-ark

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

jokes posted:

I wish there were elementless options because I like the aesthetic of the pink fairy magic

There's an unreleased 3rd mage class that doesn't look heavily elemental. It's all about throwing magic cards or some poo poo. Looks pretty neat. Just wish it were available in dude.

Is there any info out there on the classes that aren't in yet and when they'll be available?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

gandlethorpe posted:

There's an unreleased 3rd mage class that doesn't look heavily elemental. It's all about throwing magic cards or some poo poo. Looks pretty neat. Just wish it were available in dude.

Is there any info out there on the classes that aren't in yet and when they'll be available?

Here's a translation of a director's update about the NA/EU path, sounds like only a few months

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/spaarj/near_future_road_map_for_naeu_from_directors/

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gandlethorpe posted:

I think I’m going to save up my boosts for new classes. Excited for Girlzerker, which I think was supposed to come down the pipe soon or whatever

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I'm playing on the first west america server on the list... I think it was called Akan or something. I got out of the tutorial and into the first town two days ago, yesterday I finally claimed my silver pack and played far enough to do a little demon defense mission. It's been fun, but definitely the kinda game I play with a podcast on. There's been a few times I tried exploring, only to find nothing interesting at the end of a dead end because I was supposed to go there for an instanced quest.

That's a bit discouraging, but I do enjoy the scavenger hunt for the little leaf sprout thing. One of them was hidden in a delightfully devious way where you needed to inspect a bit of light, realize it was a hidden jump point, and then poke around in a hidden-perspective nook of ruins to trigger an interact prompt. Also definitely was cool finding a lizard sunning itself by a river, then zooming in to find super detailed scales. It practically looked like the real thing!

The story is sketchy enough to be funny, I laughed out load at several dramatic moments involving our two priest buddies. Definitely looking forward to this big castle dungeon that's coming up.

Apparently Mari is the server if I want to coop with other west USA goons sometime. I'm probably going to let a friend try Lost Ark on my account with a fresh character there. Are there any non-sorceress classes that are particularly good at mowing through the campaign solo? I have heard that berserker is one, any other solid picks?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Got an engraving stone with this on it. Completely loving inscrutable.

quote:

Sight Focus

Lv. 1 (Nodes 5): When "!!!!!" is outputted in normal chat, Sight Focus is activated for 6s. Once after the effect is activated, the used offensive skill's damage +8%. Only half of the effect is applied to Awakening Skills. Does not apply to Basic Attack. Cooldown: 30s.

vvvv lmao how is this a real game

Hefty fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 14, 2022

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think that engraving literally requires you to type !!!! in chat and it then powers up your abilities lol

e: but I think you can macro the chat to a button

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Hefty posted:

Got an engraving stone with this on it. Completely loving inscrutable.

Typing of the Dead

-efb-

It is ridiculous, and amazing

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone have instructions how to do this? I'm guessing I need to build the source myself, but it seems more complicated the just running build.bat? (Which seems to suggest I need a pyinstaller or something?)

e: Never mind, I kind of figured it out, it only required falling down a hole of installing python and a bunch of dependency libraries lol

If you have python and pip installed, you just need to run pip install -r requirements.txt

And then python main.py

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Harminoff posted:

If you have python and pip installed, you just need to run pip install -r requirements.txt

And then python main.py
I think you're supposed run the .bat to build an exe? But I didn't realized the requirements was there for easy dependency install and just kept building the batch and pip installing the thing that would report missing lol.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Bardeh posted:

I think that engraving literally requires you to type !!!! in chat and it then powers up your abilities lol

e: but I think you can macro the chat to a button

lmao

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lmao that engraving totally rules

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

outputted in chat, not input

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
You have to trick someone else into typing it without asking its not an easy class to play

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

If I can find a buff that’s triggered by ppl typing “babe” I’ll be unstoppable on Una.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kaysette posted:

If I can find a buff that’s triggered by ppl typing “babe” I’ll be unstoppable on Una.

I dont know if the other servers got this problem but if they dont I'm planning on moving

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So even if I’m not actively playing them, what should I do on my two free level fifty characters to make life easier for my main?

Edit: wait what’s going on with the word “babe?”

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 15, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

fadam posted:

So even if I’m not actively playing them, what should I do on my two free level fifty characters to make life easier for my main?

Daily/Weekly Una's Tasks. Daily Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids. Weekly Abyss Dungeons. All of that stuff rewards roster-bound materials.

Remember that you can accumulate rested bonuses to do those things efficiently without actually having to do them every single day.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cheers thanks. On my main I’m still doing ice world quests and sub 300 Ilvl. Should I be honing this trash gear?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

fadam posted:

Cheers thanks. On my main I’m still doing ice world quests and sub 300 Ilvl. Should I be honing this trash gear?

Once you finish ice world you'll get a full set of 302. That's when the honing starts.

I don't think you even can hone sub-302 gear.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i wanna see who the pervo is who did the assassin females because as i level up i went from hot pants to a thong and all i do is booty dance for people

does anyone know how cards work? i got like 3 i connected. but i cant level them up. ive got lots of dupes but.. nothing to do with them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philthy posted:

does anyone know how cards work? i got like 3 i connected. but i cant level them up. ive got lots of dupes but.. nothing to do with them.

The game is pretty stingy with card exp so just don’t blow it all Willy Nilly.

This should help explain it

https://youtu.be/I-9qa_qTckY

Don’t ever toss out cards

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This game getting poo poo on in Steam reviews, what went wrong.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BadLlama posted:

A brief glimpse of the negative reviews I see a trend of server issues and people not being able to play with their friends. Also no Oceanic servers.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

BadLlama posted:

EU got hosed.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

The game is pretty stingy with card exp so just don’t blow it all Willy Nilly.

This should help explain it

https://youtu.be/I-9qa_qTckY

Don’t ever toss out cards

Ah thanks, that guys has a lot of useful info. Basically I don't need to worry too much about them yet other than linking what I can until I'm further along.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

BadLlama posted:

The short answer is Amazon woefully underestimated the server capacity they would need, and all their solutions have been bad.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This game is loving amazing once you're out of the initial story and island hopping.

I went from a chinese martial arts tournament to a cyberpunk desert where I had to defuse a self-rearming bomb and fight missile mechs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

This game is loving amazing once you're out of the initial story and island hopping.

I went from a chinese martial arts tournament to a cyberpunk desert where I had to defuse a self-rearming bomb and fight missile mechs.

I take it this is after the miniature wonderland island where you get a ladybug mount?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just got to 'honey I shrunk the kids world' and yeah this is picking up now!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
babe

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

What is this from anyways? It's beyond annoying to see it in chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

aperfectcirclefan posted: