Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hellblazer187 posted:

Prodigy is legit good. It's just Trek but with some kid and teen voice actors.

Edit: Lower Decks is also good but tonally way different than anything Trek did before.

Ok. So maybe give it a stream maybe even a trial period of paramount plus for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Prurient Squid posted:

Gowron: Experiece bees!

Worf: Don't you mean bij? In Kahless's name... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgh

Saw the TNG episode with the fake Khaless which had some top tier Gowron that I didn't know about. '

"What colour WERE HIS EEYEEEESS?!"

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The new Drake format except the top panel is Worf saying "This isn't sex" and the bottom panel is "This IS sex"

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Crowsbeak posted:

Ok. So maybe give it a stream maybe even a trial period of paramount plus for it?

Prodigy didn't "take" for me, but Lower Decks is Good. It's worth going through some trouble to watch.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find that Jadzia is at her best not when she's playing the old sage with experience or as the cool super confident go getter. No, Jadzia is best when she's being an immature poo poo disturber trolling her colleagues.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Arc Hammer posted:

I find that Jadzia is at her best not when she's playing the old sage with experience or as the cool super confident go getter. No, Jadzia is best when she's being an immature poo poo disturber trolling her colleagues.

Exactly. Unfortunately they didn’t really begin to lean into that aspect of her character until season three, but Jackass Jadzia is the Best Jadzia.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkIe8Cwmqk

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Prodigy is fine. It's resoundingly okay... which sadly means it's one of the better Trek shows currently being made. Imagine a Star Wars cartoon where some kids find an empty Starfleet ship, and you've got the idea.

Lower Decks, on the other hand, is great. It starts a little rough but finds its groove pretty quickly. It's well worth checking out unless you absolutely cannot stand reference-heavy humor.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Powered Descent posted:

Prodigy is fine. It's resoundingly okay... which sadly means it's one of the better Trek shows currently being made. Imagine a Star Wars cartoon where some kids find an empty Starfleet ship, and you've got the idea.

Lower Decks, on the other hand, is great. It starts a little rough but finds its groove pretty quickly. It's well worth checking out unless you absolutely cannot stand reference-heavy humor.

Reference heavy humor depends for me. For one if it’s like a certain show about two utterly unlikable characters who fly across space and time then it should be banned and it’s fans used in Uranium mines.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Reference heavy humor depends for me. For one if it’s like a certain show about two utterly unlikable characters who fly across space and time then it should be banned and it’s fans used in Uranium mines.

This description doesn't narrow anything down

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

My wife has seen like 4 TNG episodes ever and she loved Lower Decks. The reference humor is there for nerds to find, but it isn't required.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Trek has been so terrible for so long that leaning into fan service as it does now inspires the inverse of the intended emotional reaction in some people. Lower decks is a Funko pop.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

This description doesn't narrow anything down

Rick and Morty.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Lower decks is a Funko pop.

:jerkbag:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Actually Lower Decks is an animated Star Trek show available on Paramount+ or your favorite torrent depository.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tighclops posted:

Lower decks is a Funko pop.

Wait, I thought Funko Pops were bad?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Wait, I thought Funko Pops were bad?

There are certainly worse things, they aren't great though. I wouldn't recommend one to anybody that wasn't already inclined to buy stuff like that.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Is Jadzia the one who says "fly with your eyes, not your pants".

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Prurient Squid posted:

Is Jadzia the one who says "fly with your eyes, not your pants".

Kira to Jadzia

Jadzia would be the best character on any other Trek and its amazing she's only like middle of the pack on DS9

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jadzia is definitely my favorite DS9 character.

I'm on Episode 10 Season 3 with Laxwana Troi showing up to DS9 to troll the gently caress out of ODO and it is loving fantastic.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Jadzia is definitely my favorite DS9 character.

I'm on Episode 10 Season 3 with Laxwana Troi showing up to DS9 to troll the gently caress out of ODO and it is loving fantastic.

She is great on ds9, I dig her relationship with Odo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jazz dear

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I like that Siskos reaction to Jadzia coming on to him in this episode is to immediately contact Bashir and order a battery of tests on her

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I like that Siskos reaction to Jadzia coming on to him in this episode is to immediately contact Bashir and order a battery of tests on her

It took me too long to realise that you meant because of Curzon and not STD tests.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

kdrudy posted:

She is great on ds9, I dig her relationship with Odo.

Jadzia and Quark conspiring to prank Odo by breaking into his quarters and slightly moving his furniture is one of my favorite small gags

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/1493716983841542151

I don't get it and I'm too drunk to read so is this good news

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
CGI corpse resurrection technology has come a long way since 2015 so it'll be like Anton Yelchin was never crushed by his own car.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the market research says people want it. who are you to question the market research.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

the market research says people want it. who are you to question the market research.

I'm people. And I do not want this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CainFortea posted:

A person is smart. People are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Exactly, market research questions you, you don't question market research.

If you upset the natural order of these things the whole world could go haywire!!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CainFortea posted:

look, i appreciate that this is what you're telling me, but this isn't what the market research is telling me, and it has market in the name so you know it's good.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

it has market in the name so you know it's good.

What? no. That is the opposite.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Danaru posted:

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/1493716983841542151

I don't get it and I'm too drunk to read so is this good news

The movie nobody outside of JJ Abrams' incestuous circle of friends asked for.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Lens flares to full, Mr. Sulu!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
^^^gently caress!

Gotta keep the lens flare companies in the black.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
what happened to the tarantino movie?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bltzn posted:

what happened to the tarantino movie?

suspicious avatar/post combo

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I thought that Tarantino movie was actually going to happen. Unrelatedly I also love eating fake fruit and getting really sick.