Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWBPl1gkbE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

The funny part is it’s from a streamer that doesn’t even play Lost Ark, but a lotta people in his discord happen to play on Una.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

shaun

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I had a complete brain collapse today. Been having trouble soloing hard dungeons as scrapper so did matchmaking for the first time. We cleared the dungeon with ease, got to the end. I'm the party leader i guess? Seemed like everyone else was waiting for something, I couldn't figure out how to leave the party or do anything and panic alt+f4'd the game.

Good to know even as I age some things never change.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Garrand posted:

I had a complete brain collapse today. Been having trouble soloing hard dungeons as scrapper so did matchmaking for the first time. We cleared the dungeon with ease, got to the end. I'm the party leader i guess? Seemed like everyone else was waiting for something, I couldn't figure out how to leave the party or do anything and panic alt+f4'd the game.

You can shift right click your party frame to leave a party. Most of the time the game wants you to play the song of escape when it's time to leave a location, though. You can open the song menu with F2 and put songs on your quickbar if you want.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ceramics posted:

The funny part is it’s from a streamer that doesn’t even play Lost Ark, but a lotta people in his discord happen to play on Una.

Moon?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Ya

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lol, it's funny because he loving hates the game.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Really enjoying my Zerk at level 42 but can't shake the feeling that I would love Artillerist. How are you mains enjoying it?

Should I just push my Zerk to 50 and Powerpass or whatever the alt? Or is it so early that it would be a waste?

edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize that button doesn't do anything until you finish the game. I've lost some items for good on that Zerk though that would be ideal to have on a main, right?

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 15, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Streaming Lost Ark on Twitch tonight. Doing end game content, and trying to get affiliate subscriber status on Twitch. https://www.twitch.tv/omgitsbees

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

96 spacejam posted:

Really enjoying my Zerk at level 42 but can't shake the feeling that I would love Artillerist. How are you mains enjoying it?

Should I just push my Zerk to 50 and Powerpass or whatever the alt? Or is it so early that it would be a waste?

I think the game being early means it's better to switch now than later if you want to. Personally I started Artillerist and tried Gunlancer. I prefer the super tanky playstyle of blue gunlancer. Artillerist is a lot of fun but you have to learn when to shoot your big fuckoff nukes because big bosses can hop across the room before your shots hit the ground.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

aperfectcirclefan posted:

What is this from anyways? It's beyond annoying to see it in chat

it drives me absolutely insane lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Diephoon posted:

I think the game being early means it's better to switch now than later if you want to. Personally I started Artillerist and tried Gunlancer. I prefer the super tanky playstyle of blue gunlancer. Artillerist is a lot of fun but you have to learn when to shoot your big fuckoff nukes because big bosses can hop across the room before your shots hit the ground.

Switch yes but get that character that’s nearly 50 to 50. That way you can power pass whatever you really want to play.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Switch yes but get that character that’s nearly 50 to 50. That way you can power pass whatever you really want to play.

Was hoping it was this simple. Thanks!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yeah if you're sure you want to switch characters just stop once you get the power pass from the Queen of Vern in the mail. Your power passed character will get to skip Shushire. I hated Shushire because it had an awful, boring stealth quest. I would skip the entire continent just to never see that again. Out of everything they could do with boring quests in this game, why a stealth quest? Please let me smash a million more monsters instead.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 15, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’ve heard people say the stronghold knowledge transfer is one per manually leveled 50 (dumb), and other people say you just need one level 50 to boost N other characters. Anyone know which it is in our client? Any other limits on boosting characters that way?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hefty posted:

I’ve heard people say the stronghold knowledge transfer is one per manually leveled 50 (dumb), and other people say you just need one level 50 to boost N other characters. Anyone know which it is in our client? Any other limits on boosting characters that way?

You definitely don’t delete the character.

It costs gold which isn’t abundant in supply at first and time.

He explains the process in just about 5 min

https://youtu.be/D_KpDtZseT8

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

96 spacejam posted:

edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize that button doesn't do anything until you finish the game. I've lost some items for good on that Zerk though that would be ideal to have on a main, right?

I'm playing artillerist right now (going through Shushire, ~300 gear score so not a whole lot played a max level). It's OK. I really like the class theme and armor design so far. The huge hitting nukes and bombs feel *very* satisfying when they land. But I agree with the other poster that the bosses jump around a loving lot and can make your dopamine fun levels tank. Your big spells are on 20s cooldowns so whether you hit them or not you're mostly waiting on those CDs in my experience. The mobility is very low and most of your spells require you to stand in place. It's fun to play if you're cool with working with these things. I'm actually thinking of boosting a zerk though I'm not sure yet.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Hefty posted:

You get 9 per leveled character in NA.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

M. Night Skymall posted:

You get 9 per leveled character in NA.

That’s for ilevel 300

Beyond that it gets a lot more complicated

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

96 spacejam posted:

Artillerist is a roller coaster. Feels great when your big nukes crit. Feels really bad when bosses move and you whiff.

All the slight delays on your nukes can be a bit annoying though. Especially when someone like a sorc can probably hit just as hard and instantly. I still like the class though.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

You definitely don’t delete the character.

It costs gold which isn’t abundant in supply at first and time.

Wait, so powerpass is separate from knowledge transfer? I can use my powerpasses, then boost any other characters up using knowledge transfer (assuming I have enough gold)?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dominoeffect posted:

Wait, so powerpass is separate from knowledge transfer? I can use my powerpasses, then boost any other characters up using knowledge transfer (assuming I have enough gold)?

Yes

They occasionally hand out power passes in the KR version.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Yes

They occasionally hand out power passes in the KR version.

Oh, that's great to know. Now I don't feel like I need to hoard the powerpasses.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The game is set up so you really only have to legit level one character the “hard” way and the rest you can boost / power pass.

The same also applies to gear leveling but it’s obviously not as easy when it comes to the gear leveling though.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

This was super helpful, thanks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got my item level to 406 tonight. :toot:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
When do Armen and Thirain gently caress

In typical quest fashion, I wouldn't mind being the middleman though

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Get Thrain’s rapport almost maxed and Armen will swoop in through a goddamn wall or something to get him off, while transforming into a demon for the last time I promise this time.

This entire cutscene will be unskippable

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

aperfectcirclefan posted:

What is this from anyways? It's beyond annoying to see it in chat

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0112431/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Thirain becomes part demon to get closer to his lover Armen. But then Kharmine uses his demon absorb powers to absorb Thirain! Now Armen has to have sex with Kharmine and Thirain in one body until he figures out how to separate them to save his lover, but a part of him doesn't want to...

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dude, where's my ark?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I just did Phantom Palace (tier 2 dungeon) on hard mode and thought it was hard, this game can be hard sometimes

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 15, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Argas posted:

Dude, where's my ark?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Garrand posted:

You just play the song of escape. The party auto dissolves.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man this game actually has pretty rad setpieces they're just separated by a lot of press G. I think every time the game did a setpiece of some sort I was really into it. Feels like the only times the game really lets you go crazy with your attacks. Having fun with my Deathblade but it really does feel like she has two skills that do real damage and bunch of weird filler. Those two skills are absolutely loving insane though. It's pretty weird how the game hands you a bunch of those skill rocks that have a massive HP bonus on them and then the ones that drop after that have fuckall so welp better hope you got something decent out of that set. Thankfully I got an okay one. I think I'm finally about to get to go out into the ocean, after this maintenance that's apparently about to happen, so that should be nice.

When the gently caress do I get to actually trade in all these stupid seeds I've been finding, at this rate I'll be able to get like 6 rewards in one go. On the note of collectibles, are world tree leaves just 100% random wherever drops?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh thank Christ I'm not the only one who sees it.

There has to be so much Armen/Thirain and Armen/Kharmine fanart on the internet somewhere, I just know it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man this game actually has pretty rad setpieces they're just separated by a lot of press G. I think every time the game did a setpiece of some sort I was really into it. Feels like the only times the game really lets you go crazy with your attacks. Having fun with my Deathblade but it really does feel like she has two skills that do real damage and bunch of weird filler. Those two skills are absolutely loving insane though. It's pretty weird how the game hands you a bunch of those skill rocks that have a massive HP bonus on them and then the ones that drop after that have fuckall so welp better hope you got something decent out of that set. Thankfully I got an okay one. I think I'm finally about to get to go out into the ocean, after this maintenance that's apparently about to happen, so that should be nice.

When the gently caress do I get to actually trade in all these stupid seeds I've been finding, at this rate I'll be able to get like 6 rewards in one go. On the note of collectibles, are world tree leaves just 100% random wherever drops?

Yeah, it's really jarring switching between G-mashing through an endless slew of poo poo I don't care about and about 15-20 minutes of "whoa this is awesome even though I have no idea how I got here" sequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Welp, I was in the middle of using my powerpass when servers came offline. Hopefully that doesn't gently caress things up.