Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Saoshyant posted:

We're not ready for this, indeed.

Not sure if it's worth tracking that run down, but I have a morbid curiosity to see where it went now.

IIRC it was pretty good and pretty short!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I'm second-guessing reading the previous issues because I am worried that it will make me think less of the "PREVIOUSLY IN..." blurb, which I now consider one of the 10 best things in X-Men History.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

How Wonderful! posted:

IIRC it was pretty good and pretty short!

Both the AoA and X-Treme book end with this story. The Astonishing run ends about 6 months later. They should have called this X-Cancellation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

danbanana posted:

I'm second-guessing reading the previous issues because I am worried that it will make me think less of the "PREVIOUSLY IN..." blurb, which I now consider one of the 10 best things in X-Men History.

That is a pretty dang impressive blurb! Nobody talks about this, and it's about time someone did. (I don't know if Jay and Miles even mentioned this yet)

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
X-treme X-Men and the AoA run at the same time was just a fun, crazy period in X-Men. Bummed it didn't last longer

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What X-Books come out today?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
New mutants #24, secret X-Men #1 plus another wolverine one I think

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah x deaths 2.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
New Mutants was so drat good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

New X-Deaths was really really good, totally called it. On Mystique's rashness, at least she paid for it in a really good way, a shame that Doug replacing her arm was just a tracking device for apparently the Phalanx Wolverine and not what Moira thinks it was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really have no idea what is going on with the phalanx wolverine. it's interesting!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ok, Secret X-Men, which was excellent, has that word jumble thing and.... what the gently caress the solution? I got all the individual ones but the password at the end the only word I can come up with is Sallie but if that's supposed to mean something, I am absolutely unable to summon it forth. Someone please lay this out so I can finish feeling like a dumbass.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rantmo posted:

Ok, Secret X-Men, which was excellent, has that word jumble thing and.... what the gently caress the solution? I got all the individual ones but the password at the end the only word I can come up with is Sallie but if that's supposed to mean something, I am absolutely unable to summon it forth. Someone please lay this out so I can finish feeling like a dumbass.

Allies. Xandra, who was the psychic helping them, says it later in the issue in italics as well.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Oh my god I am not a clever man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

rantmo posted:

A group that will destroy you and does not care if you are bankrupt. gently caress you pay me

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mameluke posted:

So wait, why aren't Nanny, Orphan-maker, Nature Girl, and Curse in Sabretooth?

Concerning one of the names: Why is Nature Girl in the hole? I don't remember that.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Soonmot posted:

Concerning one of the names: Why is Nature Girl in the hole? I don't remember that.

One of the vertical scrolling digital books on Unlimited was about that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Nature Girl and Curse were secretly freed by Cypher, who didn't believe they belonged in the hole. They're exiled but free.

Confirmed current hole fillers are:
Sabretooth (for unrepentant killing of humans and as an example)
Orphan Maker (for killing humans in a fit of rage)
Nanny (followed Orphan Maker in so he wouldn't be alone)
Toad (took the rap for killing Scarlet Witch... even though he didn't kill her AND she's alive anyway AND it was a good thing soooo...)
Melter
Oya
Madison Jeffries
Nekra
Third Eye

No reasons given on the last five yet. Melter was a Master of Evil but wanted to be a hero. He's killed folks in the past because he has low control over his powers and he's also just straight up fought Iron Man. Nekra is generally just morally all over the place. She's killed multiple people in the past and resurrected them for basically no reason. Oya is generally okay and has been seen on Krakoa living just fine, but she's also killed humans in the past out of principle or in self-defense. Poor Madison Jeffries has been brainwashed multiple times - first by the Zodiac into being their Gemini and then by the Malcolm Colcord-led Weapon X, where he was made to create new Sentinels and, far worse, the Neverland mutant death camps - his unstable nature (which, like, I think the Five could just... write out of him?) makes him a liability, like Orphan Maker. And then Third Eye is new!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lots of good MODOK faces in this week's X-Men.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Best drat ice cream forge has ever had.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

frodnonnag posted:

Best drat ice cream forge has ever had.

what a great moment, i think this is the most the x-men team has felt like part of the wider x-universe to me since the book started.
i'm excited to see bling! show up handling the tech for them in the future.

i love the continual use of cetaceous imagery in percy's books. show me them whales.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lot of foreshadowing to the next Hellfire election, with Sync likely sitting out and Bling!'s namedrop. I also hope Negasonic and her girlfriends make the cut.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

glitchwraith posted:

I also hope Negasonic and her girlfriends make the cut.

I hope there's an option to replace everyone on the current team with Negasonic and her girlfriends.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there's always room for another team book in the x-line imo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Negasonic and her eXes. :v

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Is there a new X-Men thread or did this one die?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Most of the books are on hiatus, I think it's ok for the thread to temporarily be a little slow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm waiting for Wolverine to live or die. His deaths are much more interesting than his lives thus far.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Endless Mike posted:

I'm waiting for Wolverine to live or die. His deaths are much more interesting than his lives thus far.

I've totally forgotten which is which at this point and am only reading the Moira one that comes out every other week. Though I will say that Logan having sex with Omega Red was almost enough to keep me on the other book.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm enjoying Wolverine : Live and Let Die but I'm hoping it offers some kind of narrative conclusion at the end and not just more endless threads for the X universe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm a bit disappointed deaths turned out to be another days of future past retread. it's still very good but this premise has been done to death.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
(Christ, this new comixology situation is dire.)

:allears: I will say that this issue of X-Men made better use of Gambit (who's not even technically on the team) in one issue than Excalibur did in its whole run.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rochallor posted:

I've totally forgotten which is which at this point and am only reading the Moira one that comes out every other week. Though I will say that Logan having sex with Omega Red was almost enough to keep me on the other book.

Fighting Omega Red is Lives, chasing down Moira is Deaths

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Today's X-Men was so much fun. I need more Destiny and Gambit. Also, what's uh... what's Rogue doing here?

Edit: I'm an idiot who just learned how to posted images as spoiler text

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 2, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well if she flips around it would be one heck of a piledriver.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dawgstar posted:

Well if she flips around it would be one heck of a piledriver.

A flip piledriver is also known as a Canadian Destroyer. :eng101:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cabbit posted:

A flip piledriver is also known as a Canadian Destroyer. :eng101:

That's a destroyer FROM Canada, not something that destroys Canadians, right?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

danbanana posted:

That's a destroyer FROM Canada, not something that destroys Canadians, right?

It can do both. But yeah, it was made famous by a Canadian wrestler named Petey Williams.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Today's X-Men was so much fun. I need more Destiny and Gambit. Also, what's uh... what's Rogue doing here?

Edit: I'm an idiot who just learned how to posted images as spoiler text

I think, judging by the next image, that she's piledriving him onto the ceiling. It's a creative use of flight powers, anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Piledriver to the ceiling is one of the rawest moves in comic book history.