Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

anyone have any cool ufo tattoos

tryna think what could make a good one and idk

black triangle could be good but hard to pull off

just claim you have one and when someone asks to see it say that it's classified and they have to submit a FOIA to AATIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

toggle posted:

radar on one buttock cheek, jrooti on the other

Something like my avatar could be cool

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

i was looking recently and quite liked this style, i like single colour simple tatts

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

also re consciousness, i agree the dot on a scale thinking. i think plants are conscious and of course any organism with more than one input mechanism. thats dry

you can pet a lizard or a fish and thats a two way street
you can talk to plants you are cultivating, they wont respond but they will grow better

NDT types say acknowledgment of pain is not a sufficient threshold for consciousness. ok but isnt acknowledgment of pleasure a clear choice huh? well theres no way to tell. if only they had perfect english

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Humans are too loving egotistical and up their own asses. Stupid morons.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

toggle posted:

radar on one buttock cheek, jrooti on the other

radar on one cheeck, mirror image of radar on other cheek

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

been playing with the idea of making a clean linework monogram version of the Nimitz tictac with the tilted F18 crosshairs but feel mildly weird about putting that on my body lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Demilich posted:

Humans are too loving egotistical and up their own asses. Stupid morons.

They've got good Chinese food

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Inspector Hound posted:

This is absolutely true, but not the point!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

food
music
literature

imagine how highly we would could stand rn if it werent for all the rapes racism and greed and wars, and if the ayyys are at all judgemental in their benevolence then we are turbo hosed

as a whole humanity is kinda horrible!

but all through all times and in counter culture kinda ways the weirdos moved us forward, just to be instantly corrupted by filthy lucre if not locked up outright never to see the loving simple thing they suffered for saying become accepted

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

but theres been (frustratingly slow and horribly co-opted) progress sort of if you squint at it

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

when we are good we are very very good
but when we are bad we are loving beyond rotten

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sleekly posted:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sleekly posted:

rotten-ness is a product of privations and excesses and the generational traumas said can inflict

problem is privation has been cyclical for the entire species since the word go, and excess has had plenty of time to do its own damage; breaking the cycle is remarkably difficult and takes place at a pace that's far out-stripped by the agonies generated by these things in the world under the boot of global capital

so, absent outside intervention, we probably hosed.

chances that we get entities interested in helping rather than exploiting is pretty slim tho

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

rotten-ness is a product of privations and excesses and the generational traumas said can inflict

problem is privation has been cyclical for the entire species since the word go, and excess has had plenty of time to do its own damage; breaking the cycle is remarkably difficult and takes place at a pace that's far out-stripped by the agonies generated by these things in the world under the boot of global capital

so, absent outside intervention, we probably hosed.

chances that we get entities interested in helping rather than exploiting is pretty slim tho

theres also the unfortunate Lowest Common Demoninator rule which i think is underated in terms of explaining how poo poo we come off, as a species

we rightly denounce mob rule but we idealise democracy?

i dont know a way around this really except to veer into post scarcity stuff but even there, greed is gonna greed

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Bilirubin posted:

same.

Also off red meat. I should drop chicken too but ehhhh waiting for plant proteins to be more widely available.

With complete understanding you already know this and I sound like a prick, there are enough plant proteins at any given grocery store in the modern world to sustain your health and even fitness if that’s a concern. If our species survives another hundred years we’ll all be vegetarian anyway.

I’ll be over here with my vegan lunchbox while I wait for the reptilians to gorge on my flesh and suck the adrenochrome out of my blood.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like anyone who isn't at least mostly a vegetarian at this point just needs to discover soy curls

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

blatman posted:

I feel like anyone who isn't at least mostly a vegetarian at this point just needs to discover soy curls

lentils and tofu have given me good options but these soy curls might just be the next push

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I identify as a galactus, so I eat entire planets as part of my biologically necessary diet, but I do try and eat mainly vegetarian on weekdays.

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

blatman posted:

wow, been vegetarian for over a decade and I’ve never heard of soy curls lol. thanks ufo thread, going to make these bbq sliders now.

https://dorastable.com/web-stories/bbq-soy-curl/

🛸 🍔

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i simply eat estrogen. Cuts out the middleman

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Middlemen is good for the economy so i only eat pussy

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

rampin back up

https://twitter.com/JChurchRadio/status/1493070918481956865

https://twitter.com/katzzman/status/1493271586748698625

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
alright I'm back in :tinylue:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

:tinylue::orb::tinylue:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fly Ricky posted:

With complete understanding you already know this and I sound like a prick, there are enough plant proteins at any given grocery store in the modern world to sustain your health and even fitness if that’s a concern. If our species survives another hundred years we’ll all be vegetarian anyway.

I’ll be over here with my vegan lunchbox while I wait for the reptilians to gorge on my flesh and suck the adrenochrome out of my blood.

Yes and I eat vegetarian at home.

Edit: and there are more vegan and vegetarian places opening up all the time, its nice

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

fish is amazing, eat more fish while you can before the oceans turn to poison

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wheeee posted:

fish is amazing, eat more fish while you can before the oceans turn to poison

I do but not squid or octopus.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

thus looping this derail back on itself and bringing it to a close

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Objurium posted:

been playing with the idea of making a clean linework monogram version of the Nimitz tictac with the tilted F18 crosshairs but feel mildly weird about putting that on my body lol

a frame from GIMBAL or FLIR or GOFAST crossed my mind too but yeah I don't really wanna have a military optical tech tattoo no matter what it's looking at

I am going to look through the Corliss books for cool illustrations, there are many of them and surely some will make good ink

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

aww yeah time for the next bit of the disclosure cycle

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i need to start a podcast

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I unironically think that if you want a bird-related tattoo then it should be Radar in one of his many sick-rear end hats

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Wheeee posted:

Do it. I’m serious, you’re one of the actual content posters in this thread, while dipshits like me talk about dietary choices.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wheeee posted:

I'll be your first listener

I have thought about it as well but the space of "one guy talking about ufo cases and other paranormal events" is very saturated already so not sure what my angle could be

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

I unironically think that if you want a bird-related tattoo then it should be Radar in one of his many sick-rear end hats

radar wearing a camo hat holding an assault rifle 15 and saying don’t mess with zeta reticuli

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sleekly posted:

It takes years of study and hundreds of hours of work to produce a beautiful work of art that I can destroy in roughly 20 seconds.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

Do it. I’m serious, you’re one of the actual content posters in this thread, while dipshits like me talk about dietary choices.

except i have absolutely no energy due to the incredible powers of depression brain

someone write some sick scripts i can steal and take credit for

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

i want to guest star and rant incomprehensibly about alien metamaterials for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
hello ufo thread

consciousness is real and will one day be measured and seen by instruments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

life is the reason consciousness exists (its a byproduct) and we could probably see planets light up like a light with the right tools

Every conscious being is capable of imagining a universe within the one they are in. its recursive retrospection