Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Invaded by Dark K***ht Kirk

The Dark Souls 2 word banlist was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Shadow Man, being a PSX/N64-gen game, has some interesting hiccups around the seams. In a few spots of some of the levels, you can kind of glitch your way around geometry and end up in bizarre half loaded versions of the level through bypassing what would normally be zone swapping sectors, or by triggering zone swaps in unintended ways. This means you can go out of bounds on the map or climb up an untextured version of a normal structure, which basically always ends with your death because the floor doesn't exist anymore. It's neat to play with, but kind of inconsequential except maybe for clever speedrunners.

In Shadow Man Remastered, they not only kept those glitches in the game, they hid extra poo poo in them to find. :psyduck:

There's actually a secret weapon unlock for finding specific glitch spots in every map in the game. What the absolute hell.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Shadow Man, being a PSX/N64-gen game, has some interesting hiccups around the seams. In a few spots of some of the levels, you can kind of glitch your way around geometry and end up in bizarre half loaded versions of the level through bypassing what would normally be zone swapping sectors, or by triggering zone swaps in unintended ways. This means you can go out of bounds on the map or climb up an untextured version of a normal structure, which basically always ends with your death because the floor doesn't exist anymore. It's neat to play with, but kind of inconsequential except maybe for clever speedrunners.

In Shadow Man Remastered, they not only kept those glitches in the game, they hid extra poo poo in them to find. :psyduck:

There's actually a secret weapon unlock for finding specific glitch spots in every map in the game. What the absolute hell.

They're training you to look for glitches for when the aliens stick you in a simulation.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dewgy posted:

Marvelous. That's how some of these OoB glitches should be handled, IMO. Fixing it's gonna take a lot of effort, won't affect most of the typical players, and will just make speedrunners play the unpatched version, let's just hide cool poo poo back there.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I'm nut lover

e: lmao, some of these

quote:

angrydragon
angrypenguin
angrypirate
my theory is a group of players or playtesters pissed off the devs somehow

e: I just remembered the "angry dragon" thing (like hot carls, cleveland steamers, etc. which are also in the list), so that explains these I think. But wtf about "guppy"?

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Feb 8, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark Souls 2's banlist was insane and even funnier with the total failure of regex

Dewgy posted:

That owns. Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary did the same thing; it's just a fresh coat of paint on top of the old geometry so you could still get around, but if you toggled the new graphics on at the right time, you could find secret terminals, skulls, or collectibles. The speed run par times also generally assume you know where to leave the map and when, with one of the achievements even named after a speedrunner.

RBA Starblade has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Feb 8, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the Scunthorpe problem still being a thing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

lol at the Scunthorpe problem still being a thing.

It's a clbuttic mistake.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

moonmazed posted:

grass assassin

saturday

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It takes a long time to mow your lawn with the hidden blade

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Philippe posted:

It takes a long time to mow your lawn with the hidden blade

Dude, that's what the Kusanagi no Tsurugi is FOR!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/capybaroness/status/1491902057799983111

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Obviously a bug; the UFC banned phasing into another reality in 2015.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I thought it was still allowed but you had to be QPU-aligned at all times.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the UFC games always have amazing glitches:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
time for the annual rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOT_3U4rZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0H709cJkA

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How easy is it to actually replicate these glitches? Is it WWE 2K easy?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"Omae wa mou shindeiru"

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Good form keeping her guard up for surprise attacks from wherever the hell her opponent transported herself.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This one's actually realistic, not many folks know but if you kick your legs fast enough you can actually float in the air

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Captain Hygiene posted:

This one's actually realistic, not many folks know but if you kick your legs fast enough you can actually float in the air

Duh. The glitch is that the ref is facing away from the match.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

You are Luigi and I claim my five coins

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pictured: luigi

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Green, near Mario; checks out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

on investigating this it looks like luigi does in fact have a deviant mechanism by which he uses his legs for evil

presumably anything green in a nintendo game can ignore inertia, c.f. green koopa shells never slowing down when hitting something, or link being able to roll indefinitely

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Luigi: crab?? :thunk:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AIR crab

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
kay what about Peach and her hover?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PhazonLink posted:

Compressed air tanks hidden in her garments.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSAxaS9mrpc

Whole channel is gold

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The ending to this one is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEErZwz7TQA

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Invisible umbrella. Obviously.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

RE 1.5 is low hanging fruit but this had me crying laughing

(timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuf8cpOdEs&t=6395s

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
https://twitter.com/onion_mu/status/1493265908764069889?t=CeGEghGTzxUSsGJ1esOXkg&s=19

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Alright, going to need an explanation or at least a best guess as to why that happens? Why would circling an NPC cause a background texture to distort in size?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If I had to guess, something fucky about LODs?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It looks like it happens specifically when you're directly south or west of the NPC. I haven't played Legends but I would hazard a guess that there's supposed to be a camera angle change that isn't working properly or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

kirbysuperstar posted:

If I had to guess, something fucky about LODs?

That's the best guess. For some reason, loading the full model from an LOD here makes part of the model bigger every time it happens.

The NPC they're running around is not needed, and in the replies people replicate it without her being there, it's just that she happens to be at exactly the right distance from these characters that running around her reliably causes the bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The latest patch notes for Star Wars: The Old Republic had this line: "Removed the shrunken and the invisible Tauntauns from the Republic Base on Hoth."

Most players didn't know about this bug, so they went to check it out before the patch went live.

I think it's safe to say that tauntaun is smaller than anyone expected (it's the tiny dot below the big tauntaun's head).