Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

great ring ahead, try plunging attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Try tongue but ring

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

tarnished, ring. try tongue but hole.

beanpole ahead. try throwing pot, and therefore fatty

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

https://twitter.com/Ziostorm1/status/1492335189388845059

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Why do we care about channers again?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just going to drop "Elden Ring" 5 steps from the first spawn and rake in 7 quadrillion likes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Hold on. Did I miss something? Why the gently caress is anyone preemptively mad about this game?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Hold on. Did I miss something? Why the gently caress is anyone preemptively mad about this game?
They're mad that someone is excited about something.:shrug:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

the internet makes you stupid

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no one in that post is actually mad about elden ring, it's just people posting really obvious bait on discord and v because lying on the internet is fun and you get to pretend to be an evil little genius when people spread your poo poo around. it's not any deeper than that.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 15, 2022

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Does anyone who played the network test know anything about the cracked pots? In theory I kind of like the idea of being a mad alchemist bomber but have no idea if that’s what they enable.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

apparently they're "infinite" kind of like an estus, so you'd presumably get them back when you rested at a bonfire and can put other stuff in them. I assume you'd build your supply of them slowly enough to where you couldn't use them super often early on, though.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The suicide pots are gonna revolutionize PVP.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope there's a lot of weird stuff you can put in them and it's not just poo poo like "blows up like a grenade" or "poison gas"

e: spiderwebs to pin players down in pvp. homing soul arrows on command. let me throw one and teleport like an ender eye

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 15, 2022

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Saying that things people like suck is all /v/ does all day so I dont know how doing the same thing but organized on a discord is going to do anything.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The cracked pots are a renewable resource that you use to make firebombs or sleep bombs etc. So if you have 3 cracked pots you mix them with herbs to make 3 sleep bombs. After you throw the 3 sleep bombs you get the cracked pots back in your inventory and can make more bombs. Someone compared them to Bottles in Zelda games which sounds right to me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ah I was close, then. Cool that you get them back immediately

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I can't decide between Samurai and Bandit for starting class... Argh. Choices.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
What is Arcane? Not like what it does as a stat but what is it supposed to represent? Mainly asking because the bandit starts with 14 and for some reason I expected that to fall more in the domain of caster territory. Is it like pyromancies?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lastdancer posted:

What is Arcane? Not like what it does as a stat but what is it supposed to represent? Mainly asking because the bandit starts with 14 and for some reason I expected that to fall more in the domain of caster territory. Is it like pyromancies?

Some say Kos...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lastdancer posted:

Luck

Pyromancies are incantations(miracles) in this game btw

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lastdancer posted:

My interpretation is a sort of mystical luck. Based around it being for item find.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
PC specs are out

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1493570810979790848?s=20&t=2Fgn9B87P2mSF4O9txf4Ew

Also this

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

Luck

Pyromancies are incantations(miracles) in this game btw

CottonWolf posted:

My interpretation is a sort of mystical luck. Based around it being for item find.

Ahh OK that makes sense, forgot about the item find aspect.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
that's a lot of ram

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I am a quality enjoyer so I should just go knight and do that again and worry about what is cool in a subsequent playthrough but magic was so much better in the network test now don't know what I wanna do...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apparently fromsoft "hates PC" because they're not willing to put the effort in to cater to people who want to play at 600fps on a monitor wider than they are tall. Hardcore magic box buyers are wild.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

that's a lot of ram

it isn't, and it hasn't been for several years

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Qmass posted:

I am a quality enjoyer so I should just go knight and do that again and worry about what is cool in a subsequent playthrough but magic was so much better in the network test now don't know what I wanna do...

Speaking of warrior mage dreams. Do you think the magic sword slash spells can still be parried like in DS3? Because I'm just imagining some bottom of the barrel shield and spear enemy guard countering your fancy spell now.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Dabir posted:

Apparently fromsoft "hates PC" because they're not willing to put the effort in to cater to people who want to play at 600fps on a monitor wider than they are tall. Hardcore magic box buyers are wild.

Considering DS Remastered had ultrawide support and it's the year 2022, Fromsoft is just plain incompetent on the tech end.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

emdash posted:

it isn't, and it hasn't been for several years

oh yeah it's really not but i mean it's the highest i think i've ever seen for minimum requirements and i'm not sure i understand why

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the 60fps thing is getting kind of frustrating

edit: I guess its time to try Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution

Qmass fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 15, 2022

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

oh yeah it's really not but i mean it's the highest i think i've ever seen for minimum requirements and i'm not sure i understand why
"Minimum" are the lowest specs they've tested the game with. Not the lowest specs the game can actually run on.

It is still a PS4/Xbox One game. So unless they really hosed up with optimization on the PC version, the game can probably run okay on hardware that could run DS3/Sekiro.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

where's bloody wolf :(

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line

Babe Magnet posted:

after my caestus run I'm really looking forward to doing a Holy/Blessings + Flail + The Tallest Dumbest Hat I Can Find run. I hope there's a big, stupid flail, like a chunk of castle wall attached to a rope, or a giant bell or something.

and then I might make a pvp knife dude

I want a giant bell that rings when it hits. I'm currently replaying DS2 while waiting for Elden Ring, and I'm very disappointed Velstadt's Sacred Chime Hammer doesn't make bong noises, even though it does in the boss fight. From, make a bell weapon that actually makes a bong sound you cowards.

Also, gonna pick prisoner as my starting class cause it has the best hat. Maybe it rings like a bell when hit.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Qmass posted:

the 60fps thing is getting kind of frustrating

edit: I guess its time to try Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution

dldsr is fun since it applies some hyper sharpening bullshit that makes nearly every grain of texture pop like crazy. I'm pretty sure Yennefer in Witcher 3 ages like 20 years just from having her face textures go ultra instinct. In this picture you can see the effect on the firekeeper's necklace

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ooooh, I was going for Vagabond but that Confessor looks amazing. Gonna Inquisition some elden rings.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So it is decided. The mighty Wretch will conquer the Lands Between with 10 foot blades

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That write up made me choose Vagabond since it has the lowest Arcane and you don’t need that many level ups to make a magic fighter hybrid with it like the article said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Samurai for my first run, some armor and a decent weapon it seems.