Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

willie_dee posted:

https://twitter.com/marclister3k/status/1380169852292378630?s=21

This keeps circulating on Twitter now the figure head of the vigil arrests is popping back up.

For the first time I can’t tell if I’m getting sucked into some vast conspiracy, that there are links between fascists and genuine police agitator plants or it’s all just some weird conspiracy.

My guess is it’s some where very in between, with grifters hijacking protests.

This is all bollocks. Lister has been pushing this narrative since the vigil. While there were conspiracy nuts there, they were shouted down by the crowd and their presence had next to nothing to do with the police violence. This wasn’t agitators - it was police being cunts and leftists fighting back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure if it is funnier if it's sincere, a joke, or a psyop tbh.

Putin has tired of this thread defying him and has sent this Trojan horse to destroy us.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
yeah i dunno whats what now

its like weird corbyn 4 legged robots dancing in red square to the only way is up

not up, better?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioLondon/status/1493354263996735490

Nothing to see here. Just Sajid Javid's brother stepping out from the shadows with a suspiciously timed statement.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Met: not racist, but #1 at employing racists!

In the same week as the galaxy-brained take "Nigel Farage: not racist, but #1 at pandering to racists" too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose the logical conclusion of corporate personhood is that institutions, too, can have the inner soul which is All Right Really and Lovely In Person despite all observable evidence.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Payndz posted:

The Met: not racist, but #1 at employing racists!

In the same week as the galaxy-brained take "Nigel Farage: not racist, but #1 at pandering to racists" too.

Clearly the solution here is to make Nigel Farage head of the Met

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Nigel Farage, leader of UKIP (Unitary Kommand of Inter-city Police)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Very cool that the BBC has given huge amounts of coverage this morning to an antivaxer just because he happens to be very, very good at tennis.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Very cool that the BBC has given huge amounts of coverage this morning to an antivaxer just because he happens to be very, very good at tennis.

My "definitely not an antivaxer" interview is raising a lot of questions etc...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/chrisgiles_/status/1493481619360989185?s=21

Yay!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's fine, we just have to go harder on being a white supremacist heteropatriarchal fertility cult, otherwise 'the authoritarian regimes' win.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

It's fine, we just have to go harder on being a white supremacist heteropatriarchal fertility cult, otherwise 'the authoritarian regimes' win.

It gives succour to Russia for us to...oppose homophobic & racist policies that Russia agrees with? Love to manufacture consent

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1493505952615743489

She's trying to sound more like Thatcher every day.

e: In other news, Bercow did a Bercow.
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1493335329255964672

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 15, 2022

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Hard to argue - why, if the entire population died off but the money remained, the UK would be the richest country per capita on Earth!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

big scary monsters posted:

Hard to argue - why, if the entire population died off but the money remained, the UK would be the richest country per capita on Earth!

please don’t say this too loud around central london

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Oh, so now even the ATLANTIC is trans??

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

More immigrants means more money?

Conservative ideology: Well, I guess I hate money now

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hyperliberal Ultracapitalists: If we replace having children with a constant stream of immigrants dying early in the number fields, it may potentially be politically unpopular but number would grow.

Conservatives and Blue Labours: This is the entirely the fault of the woke warriors. We need proper definitions of women and more nazbols speaking in universities.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
You see making life too precarious for anyone in their 20s to contemplate having children and underfunding healthcare so people die earlier is extremely good actually. Just look at the green on the pensions liability chart.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It is both extremely good for number and entirely the fault of a woman with purple hair for making some mildly critical observations about the Titty Groper franchise of video games.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Corbyn is a podcaster now.

https://twitter.com/corbyn_project/status/1493271161676996610

Praxiscast team, you know what must be done

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Amusing to see the SNP mooting women-only train carriages and getting at worst a lukewarm reception. As a Corbyn policy it somehow faced a fierce backlash twice over.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

josh04 posted:

Amusing to see the SNP mooting women-only train carriages and getting at worst a lukewarm reception. As a Corbyn policy it somehow faced a fierce backlash twice over.

It wasn't even a policy. He just mentioned it as a concept in passing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Corbid would fill all other carriages with sex perverts and gender fluid to force all adult human females into the cattle cars" was not far off some of the real hyperbole that idea got.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

Even worse, it was mentioned to Corbyn by someone else and he said they’d look into it

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

josh04 posted:

Joanna cherry going to start demanding genetalia inspection before entrance to to woman's carriage is permitted.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

sebzilla posted:

He was on the Alexei Sayle podcast last year too, talking about Starmer and the future of Labour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHe1rwn8o4
Predictably he was very careful not to say anything directly critical of Labour, but Karie Murphy was a lot less circumspect.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

big scary monsters posted:

Corporations are immortal people. Immortal people are gods. The gods require sacrifices!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

umm, I hate to say this, thread, but I need help. I'm in a bit of shtuk,I'm about to be homeless come the 26th

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Trickjaw posted:

umm, I hate to say this, thread, but I need help. I'm in a bit of shtuk,I'm about to be homeless come the 26th

You should apply to the Solidarity fund if this is something that money can help with.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Miftan posted:

You should apply to the Solidarity fund if this is something that money can help with.

It would be be great, and it's a coming application, but that doesn't erase family, which is my problem, and focus.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Darth Walrus posted:

It wasn't even quite that - he mentioned that it was something SOME women's groups had raised with him!

Fake ed: beaten by Noxville.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Trickjaw posted:

It would be be great, and it's a coming application, but that doesn't erase family, which is my problem, and focus.

Do you have family to house too or just you? What do you need to be near? Which godforsaken constituent country of this benighted land are you in? (Just so people who might have focused advice can pm you)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Trickjaw posted:

If you want to erase your family, this might be the wrong thread for help. Even if your family are landlords, which is what them making you homeless sounds like.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

If you want to erase your family, this might be the wrong thread for help. Even if your family are landlords, which is what them making you homeless sounds like.

Bingo.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Guavanaut posted:

if anything, that headline underplays it, his actual speech was some real dead-eyed fash screed about purging the decadent Other from society as a matter of national survival, lest western civilization lose it's masculine virility.

quote:

In his speech on Monday, Dowden sought to suggest that “woke” ideology was weakening the west at a time when it is facing threats from aggressive states such as Russia. “Rogue states are seeking to challenge the international order. And at the precise point when our resolve ought to be strongest, a pernicious new ideology is sweeping our societies,” Dowden said.

“It goes by many names. In Britain, its adherents sometimes describe themselves as ‘social justice warriors’. They claim to be ‘woke’, awakened to the so-called truths of our societies. But wherever they are found, they pursue a common policy inimical to freedom.”

He claimed “woke” ideology was now “everywhere”.

“It’s in our universities, but also in our schools. In government bodies, but also in corporations. In social science faculties, but also in the hard sciences,” Dowden said. “But I tell you, it is a dangerous form of decadence. Just when our attention should be focused on external foes, we seem to have entered this period of extreme introspection and self-criticism.

“And it really does threaten to sap our societies of their own self-confidence. Just when we should be showcasing the vitality of our values, and the strength of democratic societies, we seem to be willing to abandon those values for the sake of appeasing this new groupthink.”

Dowden said the west had become “obsessed by what divides us rather than what unites us”.

He added: “The US and the UK may certainly be very different societies. But we are joined by the same fundamental values. Neither of us can afford the luxury of indulging in this painful woke psychodrama … Too many people have already fallen for the dismal argument that standing up for freedom is reactionary or that somehow it’s kind or virtuous to submit to these self-righteous dogmas. Well, it plainly is not.”

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Jeez I thought halfheartedly joking about the "decadent west" was a bit on the nose the other day, but that guy, he just dives in rear end first, what a trooper

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sebzilla posted:

this better be about zane malik and he’s going to weekly go through the one direction boys and then other boy bands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

if anything, that headline underplays it, his actual speech was some real dead-eyed fash screed about purging the decadent Other from society as a matter of national survival, lest western civilization lose it's masculine virility.
We must stand up for freedom.

No, not that freedom.