Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

wait the senate can actually do poo poo other than rubber stamp bills or at most propose very minor changes to bills (and possibly get told to gently caress off)? huh

does the senate have other mysterious and obscure powers like that?

love how the only story from the senate in the past few decades was when a senator's russian girlfriend half his age got drunk and hosed up a flight

GlassElephant posted:

MacKenzie is the original creator of the concept of Diagolon, a fictional country running diagonally from Alaska southeast towards Florida.

lol its like an extremist version of the Rhino Party, who promised a bike trail across canada (downhill both ways)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

infernal machines posted:

have you been to the site recently?

every morning i stare into my mug of coffee and imaging gazing into the deep dark abyss of kirk johnson's stretched, gilded rear end in a top hat

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Chillyrabbit posted:

In regards to the photo of what was seized....

[ lots of cool info ]

Thanks man I appreciate this. Is the standard Vector legal then? I dunno how good they are but they seemed neat from an engineering perspective.

Also I swear the AK guys fired more than 5 cause they were also too far forward and their brass was flying in front of my face. The range operators didn't seem to give a poo poo about that either so maybe it was an off day.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

bltzn posted:

every morning i stare into my mug of coffee and imaging gazing into the deep dark abyss of kirk johnson's stretched, gilded rear end in a top hat

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chrystia Freeland being called a communist by thousands of people after dedicating her life to far right Ukrainian nationalism is pretty funny.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Durf posted:

I dunno how good they are but they seemed neat from an engineering perspective.

i vaguely remember the kriss vector being shaped all wonky like that to keep it really controllable under full-auto fire while keeping the barrel short. if so then the canuck version that's semi-auto with a 10 shot magazine and a goofy long barrel is-- well it's a head scratcher

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chrystia Freeland being called a communist by thousands of people after dedicating her life to far right Ukrainian nationalism is pretty funny.

absolutely brutal

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Durf posted:

Thanks man I appreciate this. Is the standard Vector legal then? I dunno how good they are but they seemed neat from an engineering perspective.

Also I swear the AK guys fired more than 5 cause they were also too far forward and their brass was flying in front of my face. The range operators didn't seem to give a poo poo about that either so maybe it was an off day.

There's a Canadian version of the Vector that has a longer barrel to meet minimum length requirements. It's non-restricted.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's extremely funny OP

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

you can't see the goatman at his legal home because it is now a web3 application where the image is allegedly being revealed at fixed price in ETH per pixel. I say allegedly because as a web3 app it requires metamask to view and lol not installing that crypto bullshit.

absolutely degenerate. that butthole belongs to the people

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Durf posted:

Full auto vectors are prohibited firearms. The 6.5" barreled semi-auto only Vectors are Restricted firearms, and the ridiculous 18.6" barreled Vectors are Non-restricted.

As mentioned they exist purely to wave their big dick energy around since they do cost like 2k for the 9mm version (where the blowback system doesn't matter for semi-auto fire, and you only get 5-10 shots). The non-ridiculous reasons are there aren't that many pistol caliber rifles in Canada, and because it also takes Glock handgun magazines so someone who owns a Glock can share magazine compatibility

I believe it was one of the earlier PCC rifles in Canada to take Glock magazines at the time, which made them somewhat popular as Glock magazines can legally hold 10 rounds and cost like $20. and of course 9mm is cheaper than most rifle ammo and aren't as restricted in where you can shoot pistol ammo as some ranges aren't certified for rifle ammo.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Yeah I was interested in them as a weird gun like a FN P90, only attainable and with common ammo.

There was also a dependable plinker rifle that took 9mm I was looking into at one point but can't remember the name.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Imagine if every single Canadian citizen just withdrew their money from the big banks immediately? And then put it in a big pile, on parliament hill, and set it on fire to own the libs? That would be epicccc

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

bltzn posted:

I gotchu

https://www.etsy.com/shop/pattonpottery/

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
would a currency run even do anything? I thought modern banking had moved beyond such trivial concerns

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

now we get to the fun part where failed american actors plucked from obscure modeling agencies to become right-wing commentators come up with increasingly bizarre plans for the canadian color revolution like "what if all the canadians withdraw all the money from the banks to crash the economy?"

yeah i'm sure all the canadians are gonna do that any second and banks are also, like, giant scrooge mcduck vaults full of cash instead of mostly being made up of holdings from other sectors and not just regular people's money. what's canada's version of the FDIC?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1493432675134226433

Withdrew what exactly? Credit debt? Auto loans? Student loans? Mortgages? Equity? Airmiles? Tims Rewards?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Imagine if every single Canadian citizen just withdrew their Canadian Tire money from the big banks immediately? And then put it in a big pile, on parliament hill, and set it on fire to own the libs? That would be epicccc

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

eXXon posted:

Imagine if every single Canadian citizen just withdrew their money from the big banks immediately? And then put it in a big pile, on parliament hill, and set it on fire to own the libs? That would be epicccc

all of us wearing joker makeup. truly epic

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Isizzlehorn posted:

Withdrew what exactly? Credit debt? Auto loans? Student loans? Mortgages? Equity? Airmiles? Tims Rewards?

calling the bank to reverse their reverse mortgage

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreylad posted:

all of us wearing joker makeup. truly epic

for teh lulz

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Just had a thought tucking myself in after saying my prayer to the two Michaels - we now have Candace Owens - but! Also! Two Candice Bergenses! Please pray for the two Candice Bergenses!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I would imagine most Canadians are like Americans and on average have about 50 bucks in the bank

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/_llebrun/status/1493437829774549002?s=20&t=m2iZ0TSPcYJRvXk_BNKfUg

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
tl;dw: they are trying to say guns were planted at the protests by "nefarious actors"

so it's confirmed, the protestors in ottawa definitely brought and possess firearms, surprising nobody when dudes like pat king were saying "the only way this ends is with bullets"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
running gun battles through the streets of ottawa

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... you're confessing to not only having firearms, but stolen firearms? Or are you saying that you had several thousand firearms there that were stolen by counter protestors? Either way, you know that admitting that at any point, having enough munitions to arm a small army is a BAD THING, right? I think the term is "shut up, stupid".

Edit: actually, I watched the clip. This... this is a threat. "SOMEHOW firearms were planted around the freedom convoy, we're warning the public to stay away from us" right after the weekend when the "freedom convoy" was publicly humiliated across Canada, if not North America/the world.

Randalor has issued a correction as of 14:22 on Feb 15, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Randalor posted:

So... you're confessing to not only having firearms, but stolen firearms? Or are you saying that you had several thousand firearms there that were stolen by counter protestors? Either way, you know that admitting that at any point, having enough munitions to arm a small army is a BAD THING, right? I think the term is "shut up, stupid".

imo they’re trying to have their cake and eat it too. they admit to hearing about it so they can pretend to have taken the moral high ground while low-key fronting that they’re now an army so watch out

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

people are saying this guy is a sniper? aren't snipers supposed to have steady hands? mf is trembling like a 5th grader giving a book report.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

thunderspanks posted:

people are saying this guy is a sniper? aren't snipers supposed to have steady hands? mf is trembling like a 5th grader giving a book report.
look some things make him nervous and some things... don't

boba fetacheese
Dec 12, 2000
Well, all the FINTRAC poo poo looks half-assed as expected. What a gong show all to compensate for the cops not wanting to hurt their lil buddies' feelings + bodies.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Remember when the cops tried to move heaven and earth to ban 5.7mm but then it turned out both AP ammo and 20 rd mags were illegal in Canada, so now gun stores are afraid to stock Five-seveNs and ammo costs a fortune and has to be bought by the pallet?

That was fun.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wait so both hollow point and armor piercing rounds are illegal? does that mean Canadian ammo must be in some goldilocks zone, not to hard not too soft

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who said hollow point was illegal?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

who said hollow point was illegal?

oh I guess I just assumed because it's a war crime Canadian police don't use it

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Rutibex posted:

oh I guess I just assumed because it's a war crime Canadian police don't use it

all wars are crimes :smug:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
The criminal code/firearms act regulations only prohibit

Handgun AP ammo (with naming a certain brand of 5.7 ammo)
Incidenary ammo
Explosive ammo
Flechettes

Hollow points were banned from import in the 90's but are now legal to buy and possess.

Tracer ammo while it isn't a prohibited ammo, it isn't approved for import/sale by Natural Resources Canada.

5.7 ammo is now more available in Canada being the civilian non-AP type, but obviously costs a lot.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
wouldn't tracers kinda count as incendiary?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

now we get to the fun part where failed american actors plucked from obscure modeling agencies to become right-wing commentators come up with increasingly bizarre plans for the canadian color revolution like "what if all the canadians withdraw all the money from the banks to crash the economy?"

yeah i'm sure all the canadians are gonna do that any second and banks are also, like, giant scrooge mcduck vaults full of cash instead of mostly being made up of holdings from other sectors and not just regular people's money. what's canada's version of the FDIC?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1493432675134226433

this owns so hard because its obvious none of these people went any further than a intro to econ class in university and base their entire politics around it

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ducking behind the Terry Fox statue to get cover from incoming fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cops can do warcrimes, they're not soldiers lol