Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Flytrap posted:

Ooooh, I was going for Vagabond but that Confessor looks amazing. Gonna Inquisition some elden rings.

this for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
lot of great looking classes but vagabond is the only one that starts with a big rear end halberd so

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna go hero and see how big of a stick I can get.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Raygereio posted:

"Minimum" are the lowest specs they've tested the game with. Not the lowest specs the game can actually run on.

It is still a PS4/Xbox One game. So unless they really hosed up with optimization on the PC version, the game can probably run okay on hardware that could run DS3/Sekiro.

As soon as I saw the 12gb minimum I thought "wait isn't this thing launching on PS4 as well?" I don't know jack about the tech end but a PS4 has 8gb for memory AND graphics, so it seems like they'd be making things harder for themselves by not making that the floor for the PC version too.

Anyway I'm gonna be a wretch. I bet it'll suck rear end!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you don't have at least 16GB what the gently caress are you doing. Ideally you should have 32GB if gaming.

E: Also, consoles can get away with less RAM.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 15, 2022

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

If you don't have at least 16GB what the gently caress are you doing. Ideally you should have 32GB if gaming.
:confused: There are a few outlier game titles that will benefit from 32 GB RAM. But in general 16GB should still be fine for any modern build.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Lakbay posted:

That write up made me choose Vagabond since it has the lowest Arcane and you don’t need that many level ups to make a magic fighter hybrid with it like the article said

Yeah, Vagabond seems the obvious choice given that it has the least points in The Bad Stat, Arcane. Item Discovery is not a stat I'm going to put points into when I could have them in Hitting People instead.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

2house2fly posted:

As soon as I saw the 12gb minimum I thought "wait isn't this thing launching on PS4 as well?" I don't know jack about the tech end but a PS4 has 8gb for memory AND graphics, so it seems like they'd be making things harder for themselves by not making that the floor for the PC version too.

Anyway I'm gonna be a wretch. I bet it'll suck rear end!

people gaming on Windows are commonly sitting at 7GB+ RAM in use before they load a game. PC memory environment is completely different than the memory environment on a console

16GB has been the recommended baseline for any gaming pc built in the past five years at least

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Raygereio posted:

:confused: There are a few outlier game titles that will benefit from 32 GB RAM. But in general 16GB should still be fine for any modern build.

You tend to run more things than just a game on your PC (not even accounting for the OS eating up a chunk). You should be putting in 32GB if you're putting together a PC now - my six or so year old PC had 16.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Flytrap posted:

The suicide pots are gonna revolutionize PVP.

Yeah it seems there is both the flask of wondrous physik which is a “make your own estus flask.” This is how you make the exploding suicide flask. There is is also the cracked pots which are a “make your own throwable.” It seems both the flask and the pots are reusable. I believe the pots require crafting materials you find out in the world while the flask of wonderous physik seems to require items that you “slot” into the flask. That is to say it seems the items you use to make different physik flask recipes are also reusable but you might have to find them in chests. I believe the physik flasks refills automatically at bonfires just like estus/ashen estus flasks.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Memory is so fuckin cheap, its not worth being without. My original 4x8gb kit wouldn't boot with XMP enabled so I picked up a 2x16 and I'm almost tempted to get another to make it 64 just for the hell of it. At the same time considering a CPU/mobo/memory upgrade for DDR5, quoted the other day at like 1100 bucks before tax (maple dollars)

Anyway I'm sure this is going to run swimmingly as it is so I'm not worried yet.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

im probably gonna go bandit first to try and limit test how effective the newish stealth mechanics are and practice parrying a bit. maybe pick up some int if i find the classic utility spells.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, with games, Discord, browsers, music apps and if you're streaming poo poo - the more RAM the better.

All that being said I am playing this on a PS5 so lol

I can't afford a new PC right now and prices and supplies are rat hosed anyways. Only rich bois can get a new PC - especially here in Canada.

If I have left over money after landscaping and blinds this summer we'll see though.

*gently pats 1070* You've done well girl.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I usually go dex/faith for my first play through, but none of the classes look really geared towards that. I think I’ll go with confessor, even if it’s a little less min-maxed than prophet in terms of the int/arcane spread (though who knows whether arcane will really be useless except for a few builds.) Dex/int with prisoner looks really nice too, though.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I can’t imagine the game actually requires 12GB of RAM, but the current hardware survey says ~2/3rds of Steam users have that much currently so it doesn’t seem like a huge ask.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Sad to see that prophet went from chad wheel around their neck to virgin cutting board. I'll probably go prisoner or confessor then.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm thinking Prophet here and just pump STR for my first few level ups so I can equip the biggest wooden club I can find and throw some lightning bolts on that bitch

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Pretty sure I'm gonna make my guy have small torso but a fat dumper. Thicc af thighs, wide hips, etc.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope the wheel is at least in game still.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm going for the prosthetic arm that gives you and all the enemies Sekiro posture mechanics instead, V-ism style

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I’ll be using a trick weapon where the trick is suddenly I pull out an even bigger sword

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ngl i kinda want to try invading with a bow, sniping and staggering the host and phantoms while they're trying to pve and moving from perch to perch

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
i'm using the trick weapon where the trick is that this is a direct sequel to shadow tower and i murder all the bosses with a rocket launcher

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

CYBEReris posted:

ngl i kinda want to try invading with a bow, sniping and staggering the host and phantoms while they're trying to pve and moving from perch to perch

https://youtu.be/QGJUQacbhtM

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A little more to whet your appetites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXRwcNbsQss

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm super excited to go through a new Dark Souls dark fantasy action role playing adventure game in co-op from start to finish

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm super excited to go through a new Dark Souls dark fantasy action role playing adventure game in co-op from start to finish

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The big sword... it sings to me... :getin:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tote up a bags posted:

I’ll be using a trick weapon where the trick is suddenly I pull out an even bigger sword

Ludwig’s Holy Sword?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So arcane is this game's luck as far as we know? Knowing FROM there will be like 2 really weirdly powerful late game spells that are only powerful if you have a stat that is useless for most of the game.

Anyways Probably gonna do vagabond then level some int and mind to sling spells. Though Samurai looks sick.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

JordanKai posted:

The big sword... it sings to me... :getin:

:same:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

RatHat posted:

Also this

This image confirms that people are born wearing underwear in the Elden Ring universe, or that wretches are wretches because they are born wearing underwear.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

king's ultra ultra greatsword

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Goodsword. its a good sword.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This image confirms that people are born wearing underwear in the Elden Ring universe, or that wretches are wretches because they are born wearing underwear.

It's not underwear, it's skin. hosed up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1493616099274940426?s=20&t=QRrRd90edyirLwJOeooDeA

I think it's gotta be Confessor for me. Dex/Fai, perhaps, with enough equip load to hide a sneaky offhand weapon or two. I have visceral, intense nostalgia for the feeling of unloading a surprise lightning Avelyn right into a host's chest.

This game is going to suck hundreds if not thousands of hours of my life away. I'll happily give it all up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Be safe, friend. Don't you dare go hollow.

https://twitter.com/Marco_Lipke/status/1493333318749802496?s=20&t=0zfS2063vBR02FHx_EAIJw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Going to turn that beautiful wretch into a horse-ridin' battlemage

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1493616099274940426?s=20&t=QRrRd90edyirLwJOeooDeA

I think it's gotta be Confessor for me. Dex/Fai, perhaps, with enough equip load to hide a sneaky offhand weapon or two. I have visceral, intense nostalgia for the feeling of unloading a surprise lightning Avelyn right into a host's chest.

This game is going to suck hundreds if not thousands of hours of my life away. I'll happily give it all up.

That's starting to sound like an attractive option for me too, but I'm a little hesitant to lean on miracles for a first playthrough as I'm unsure where all the cool stuff is.

Samurai is looking really appealing to me too - definitely the best "quality" choice I can see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I may choose Prisoner just because I like the head cage