Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It didn’t get gyro on PlayStation, only switch and only dumbasses who got dunked on on Twitter asked why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

So the most straightforward way to get audio into the speakers at my desk is with analog line-in. I see there's HDMI on the back of the Series X and that's about it as far as outputs go. Is there a solution for getting analog stereo out of this thing that doesn't involve goofily using a seriestroller as a USB sound card?

e: getting 5head ideas like buying a supported USB headset, taking it apart, and replacing the actual headset part with a 3.5mm jack

Been thinking about this, does your monitor or tv have a head phone port? You could just run a 3.5mm from that

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Been thinking about this, does your monitor or tv have a head phone port? You could just run a 3.5mm from that

Never even occurred to me, but it does! I'll just use that!

Dang I've been living with "PC only on the bookshelf speakers, TV apps/Xbox360/Xbone through the TV speakers" for months now!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that's how I run mine so I literally just thought of it, I have a 3.5mm from the TV straight into the speakers, works great

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How’s dreamscaper? Huge fan of hades + dead cells and that lot but it’s very easy for a game to just be a worse version of those

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Leaving gamepass soon

Hypnospace is insane and well worth a play if you used the internet 20 years ago. Very funny game

KH3 is bad (I am a jrpg fan)

Luna knights is the deedlit guys and another one of those. I had fun with it but I think deedlit Is better

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1493586201885949958?t=j8CwFr3v0U5HL7stz9DhjQ&s=19
Rip the show 22, smb3 is here.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How’s dreamscaper? Huge fan of hades + dead cells and that lot but it’s very easy for a game to just be a worse version of those

I've really enjoyed it, though I worry the combat's not going to get any more complex than 'hit X a bunch and occasionally use your powers.' It definitely learned a lot from Hades, so that's cool.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sony shooter devs just rarely utilize Gyro despite every controller since the PS3 having it. I remember when Doom updated with a gyro aiming option a lot of people were like "why"
Lovely answer too

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/965969699992416257?t=xJVFU2JCVTij9ugZ5iJ6Hw&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tsietisin posted:

that I preferred playing with motion controller was Warhawk on the PS3.

you are no warhawk player :colbert:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I highly recommend playing Hypnospace Outlaw with a mouse and keyboard.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TheScott2K posted:

Never even occurred to me, but it does! I'll just use that!

Dang I've been living with "PC only on the bookshelf speakers, TV apps/Xbox360/Xbone through the TV speakers" for months now!

If the headphone out/3.5mm cable is too noisy, I assume your TV has TOSlink out. You could easily run that to an external receiver/speakers with an optical in.

If there’s no optical in, you can easily convert it to analog RCA with a tiny $25 DAC, probably better sound than the extractor I linked you earlier

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I highly recommend playing Hypnospace Outlaw with a mouse and keyboard.

yeah it’s not so hot with a controller

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wasn't Lawn Mowing Simulator already out?

It's one of those games that sounds kinda fun just in how silly a concept that is but then it's kinda not really all that fun unless you're really into mowing lawns I guess.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Apparently, this is the Xbox One version of Lawnmower Sim. Previous version was the Series version.

And yes, I agree, it is the most boring slog of a game. Which I guess it's not surprising as it's called lawnmower simulator.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When is Hypnospace leaving?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Escobarbarian posted:

When is Hypnospace leaving?

2/28

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Apparently, this is the Xbox One version of Lawnmower Sim. Previous version was the Series version.

And yes, I agree, it is the most boring slog of a game. Which I guess it's not surprising as it's called lawnmower simulator.

The main issue I have is the menus and stuff to get into, it's all tiny text and slows down just getting into the game to mow. Then they make it unfun by being extremely picky about the % completed. I guess it's unsurprising though because "sim" is right in the title and the weirdos who make those seem to have decided to make them unfun as possible usually now.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I like space games, I'm a cool space guy! What is galactic civilizations 3?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

External Organs posted:

I like space games, I'm a cool space guy! What is galactic civilizations 3?

PC 4x turn-based strategy series. It's fun enough, similar to Civilization.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Stellaris is on Game Pass but only on PC I think, and it's real good, I preferred it to GalCiv 3 I think.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I was actually kinda enjoying Lawn Mowing Sim until like the 4th or 5th job when my character somehow got stuck in between the truck and the porch while trying to get into the truck to finish the job. No way to get out without resetting and losing my progress of mowing a loving lawn for the last hour. Uninstalled immediately.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Stellaris is the ultimate space strategy game, it’s worth just buying it even if the console edition isn’t on game pass. It plays really well.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Stellaris Console Edition owns.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I assumed Stellaris was too complicated for a controller.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Fitzy Fitz posted:

that sort of thing doesn't tend to stop folks from trying to put stuff on controllers

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just realized the current world state could gently caress over Stalker 2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think it used to be the case but then XCOM came out and the controller support was so good it pretty much snapped devs to attention that they had to invest in that sort of interface poo poo. Someone I know bought both versions of Diablo 2 remastered last year having played thousands of hours of it in the eary 00s, and after hundreds of hours of the remaster in 2021 across both pc and console they ended up preferring the controller version.

You miss out on some features and gain others.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Flickstick takes gamepads from like 10% as good as a mouse to 90% as good, you don't have to use it but you will lose to those who do just like you would lose to mouse users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5L_Px3dFtE

priznat posted:

Watching that fortnight vid, how are they snapping to different directions so quickly with the controller? This seems to be what I have been missing whenever I tried using controllers for fpses. Didn’t look like it was motion and happened too fast to see the button or stick input.
Flickstick allows you to instantly snap 180 degrees like you can with a mouse, that's what makes it good

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm already thirsty for gyro aiming but holy poo poo flickstick. This looks perfect for my brain worms that would make me enjoy spending several hours getting used to a totally different camera control input.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It honestly works very well with a controller. It has shortcuts to quickly jump to stuff, they reworked the controls very well. You're not moving a cursor.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Cloks posted:

the gyro controls in pokemon legends arceus are great, really gets you into trapping creatures with godlike powers and making them fight for your amusement

Gyro controls in Arceus?
I have literally played over 37 hours of the game and have not noticed gyro controls in it at all.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

otter posted:

Gyro controls in Arceus?
I have literally played over 37 hours of the game and have not noticed gyro controls in it at all.

It's optional, off by default I believe and it's only when you pull the triggers to look or throw. It's great.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Paradox games are super basic they just all have a bad UI that is kept bearable by memorizing a billion hotkeys and knowing that right click sometimes saves you a few clicks.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah it's kind of a bland Hades-like. Was missing something but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Got a couple bosses in and it wasn't doing it for me, but I wouldn't say it was necessarily bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat that flickstick looks cool and I would like to have that plus gyro aiming for warzone (I will still be bad, but perhaps less so). Normally I just played it on PC with M+KB but would enjoy some controller playing if I could be somewhat competitive.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Insane. It only took 16 years for people to put the gyro to proper use. What were we paying devs for all that time?

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
I’ve tried gyro aiming and frankly I just don’t want to learn to use it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pobrecito posted:

I’ve tried gyro aiming and frankly I just don’t want to learn to use it.

I like it better on a handheld where the screen moves with the gyro personally. Not a fan of having to hit the reorientation button a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The United States posted:

Flickstick takes gamepads from like 10% as good as a mouse to 90% as good, you don't have to use it but you will lose to those who do just like you would lose to mouse users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5L_Px3dFtE

Flickstick allows you to instantly snap 180 degrees like you can with a mouse, that's what makes it good

This looks so good. This would push me to buy poo poo on PS. What the gently caress Microsoft!?!?