Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I said come in! posted:

I wish SmileGate would just drop the failure rate mechanic on honing gear. That entire thing is demotivating and unfair.

Being at like ilvl 590 and watching to see if gear failures will prevent me from reaching t2 again today suuuuucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

This game actually is about exploring a huge and detailed world, that's why mokoko seeds, rapport, and islands exist.

Is there a way to find the seeds without just stumbling upon them randomly or scouring the edge of every map? This isn't like Korok seeds where the locations are telegraphed to some extent and getting them often involves some actual gameplay (a short little puzzle or challenge). To me it just seems like a poorly designed time sink. I do like the little side stories in the adventure log that you have to discover yourself, but you also barely get rewarded for doing those. If each one gave a huge chunk of exp or something so you could bypass the god awful, mind-numbing questing that would be cool.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I realise this is dreadfully nerdy but putting the voice acting on Korean makes the whole thing less cringe

My Korean friend is playing with French voices so I doubt the performance is much better

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Twitch drop for the mount is up now on EU streamers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

My Korean friend is playing with French voices so I doubt the performance is much better

Was going to say that the reason why you'd wouldn't find them annoying is because you cant understand them.

Im flipping it to spanish today to see if its any better, since both english and korean sound overacted and while I can barely understand the korean I can spanish. And if its mexicans doing the voice acting I'm absolutely going to love that poo poo because they can make it work.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Carmant posted:

Is there a way to find the seeds without just stumbling upon them randomly or scouring the edge of every map? This isn't like Korok seeds where the locations are telegraphed to some extent and getting them often involves some actual gameplay (a short little puzzle or challenge). To me it just seems like a poorly designed time sink. I do like the little side stories in the adventure log that you have to discover yourself, but you also barely get rewarded for doing those. If each one gave a huge chunk of exp or something so you could bypass the god awful, mind-numbing questing that would be cool.

Without a guide you pretty much have to hug the edge of every map watching for the green leaves and for spots that might lead to them. There are seeds hidden behind breakable walls, unobvious paths leading offscreen, and also behind solid looking brick walls that you can simply walk through a la old final fantasy and zelda games. Like at the back left corner of the chapel in Prideholme.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My pals who are 50 mostly have 40 seeds or less, I'm only 43 but I have more than 250 seeds. I'm winning.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

yeah the lack of any sound effect (that I noticed?) or visual cue pretty much killed my interest in finding them organically - if I stumble across a few cool, otherwise no thanks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

victrix posted:

yeah the lack of any sound effect (that I noticed?) or visual cue pretty much killed my interest in finding them organically - if I stumble across a few cool, otherwise no thanks

Next character I walk through the story will be done so with a guide for each moko seed if it exists. I'll move through each zone picking them up before going to the next.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I was being pretty diligent about following a map and grabbing all I could until I got to a dungeon that had 3 locked behind a secret door with "kill every bat/slime on the map" as the unlock requirement. The mentioned bats and slimes are nonagressive and don't aggro on sight, unlike the rest of the dungeon enemies, meaning it's very possible to just walk past one at the edge of your screen and miss it.
I spent like 15 minutes slowly crawling through that dungeon blasting slimes in every corner, then walked up to the secret door and it still wouldn't open, meaning I missed 1 or 2 and would have to backtrack the entire map again looking for a bat if I wanted those last 3 seeds.
Shortly afterward I got to the Mokoko village with my 200ish seeds and realized "wait all the rewards for collecting these seeds are garbage".
OK the ship skin, title, and emote pack are cool but those are all loaded way at the far end of the grind.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Xalidur posted:

My pals who are 50 mostly have 40 seeds or less, I'm only 43 but I have more than 250 seeds. I'm winning.

I... have 6

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I boosted a sorceress and now my Paladin seems boring :(

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
The seeds are there to make the world feel not empty right? I was excited when I found the first one and then realized what it really was

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

There should at least be a seed detector or something that gives you a general direction and distance. This is not a game that's afraid of ripping stuff from other franchises, so rip the aether compass from XIV already.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
do you get a turd for finding them all like in breath of the wild?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I was being pretty diligent about following a map and grabbing all I could until I got to a dungeon that had 3 locked behind a secret door with "kill every bat/slime on the map" as the unlock requirement. The mentioned bats and slimes are nonagressive and don't aggro on sight, unlike the rest of the dungeon enemies, meaning it's very possible to just walk past one at the edge of your screen and miss it.
I spent like 15 minutes slowly crawling through that dungeon blasting slimes in every corner, then walked up to the secret door and it still wouldn't open, meaning I missed 1 or 2 and would have to backtrack the entire map again looking for a bat if I wanted those last 3 seeds.
Shortly afterward I got to the Mokoko village with my 200ish seeds and realized "wait all the rewards for collecting these seeds are garbage".
OK the ship skin, title, and emote pack are cool but those are all loaded way at the far end of the grind.

Haha, I had the exact same experience, except I didn't even try to kill the bats once I read what the requirement was. That was my "this isn't worh it" moment.

There's a skill potion reward at like 300, though, that's the one valuable thing out of them all, so I might go back to opening the map on my second monitor and getting as many as I can in every island I visit. gently caress going back to that, or the other bullshit dungeon seeds.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/rethramis-adventure-tome

Some of this is wrong but most of it is fine and will get you the completion points and seeds you secretly crave.

For the stuff that's obviously wrong, I've found a quick Google search of "[thing] Lost Ark" does the trick.

That link is for the first continent by the way, the rest are buried in the Resources > Adventure Tome menu.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

VanillaGorilla posted:

I boosted a sorceress and now my Paladin seems boring :(

Paladins are always the most boring in any game. Lost ark’s is a better/funner version though, with the holy magic feeling like shotguns

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was a real dick move to put a red overlay on the screen during the part of Sigmund when you need to look at the ground to see whether color the death shockwave was red or white. No wonder people have such a hard time figuring out that mechanic when you try to explain it in text.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jokes posted:

Paladins are always the most boring in any game. Lost ark’s is a better/funner version though, with the holy magic feeling like shotguns

I do like how explosive and impactful a lot of abilities are, on Paladin and other classes. I switched to leveling a Sharpshooter first and his bow sounds like a gun, even just with the basic autoattacks, and it rules.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sindai posted:

It was a real dick move to put a red overlay on the screen during the part of Sigmund when you need to look at the ground to see whether color the death shockwave was red or white. No wonder people have such a hard time figuring out that mechanic when you try to explain it in text.

It’s real dumb. Also being mostly red/green colorblind makes it suck even worse. I mostly just watch the map to see what other team members are running to but even they have like a 75% success rate at best :(

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Artillerist is a roller coaster. Feels great when your big nukes crit. Feels really bad when bosses move and you whiff.

All the slight delays on your nukes can be a bit annoying though. Especially when someone like a sorc can probably hit just as hard and instantly. I still like the class though.

It seems like they're not only desired in PvE but PvP as well? Zerk is very fun, but it's a bit too easy. I keep reading about a high skill cap on a Zerk but I think that's just code for "just understand how to do a proper rotation so your cools don't leave you useless"

My only other considerations are Deadeye and Striker. Any mains have some high level feedback on their pvp/pve experiences so far?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

How exactly does the "being wanted in groups" work for Paladin/Bard/etc? From what I have seen so far you just queue up and get put into a dungeon with 3 random idiots - although I am not yet 50

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Syrinxx posted:

How exactly does the "being wanted in groups" work for Paladin/Bard/etc? From what I have seen so far you just queue up and get put into a dungeon with 3 random idiots - although I am not yet 50

There's a dungeon finder that I assume will become more important later on once the harder dungeons/raids start coming up. You have to apply to groups so I assume people seeing support classes will be quicker to choose you over someone else who applied. I'm still level 42 though so this is just how I assume that'll go down.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

At max level for things like raids, people put up party listings rather than using the matchmaking queue, and will be specifically looking for a support for their group.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

96 spacejam posted:

It seems like they're not only desired in PvE but PvP as well? Zerk is very fun, but it's a bit too easy. I keep reading about a high skill cap on a Zerk but I think that's just code for "just understand how to do a proper rotation so your cools don't leave you useless"

My only other considerations are Deadeye and Striker. Any mains have some high level feedback on their pvp/pve experiences so far?

I can't speak much for the 3v3 modes but I've been playing eliminations a lot with a team of friends and Arty is really strong there.
The +50% range tripod for the gatling gun is crazy. You can catch people out anywhere on screen, and the gun stunlocks them long enough to roll in and hit your Swipe stun into a nuke+airstrike combo for like 60-70% max hp damage on squishy classes like Sorc.

Took me a few days to get the combo consistent though. The delays on your big nukes make it pretty awkward to play since if you don't stagger your knockups right the enemy can just spacebar-roll out of everything and dodge all your damage.

In 3v3 it seems more dependent on team coordination. You can still catch people out with your gun + stun and then pile on them with your teammates but you can't get away with your big flashy solo combos when there's 2 other enemies waiting around to interrupt you. OTOH it brings crazy area denial abilities with the big damage moves.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Harrow posted:

At max level for things like raids, people put up party listings rather than using the matchmaking queue, and will be specifically looking for a support for their group.

This is why I’ll probably boost a bard one day. There’s a shitload of sorceresses running around, I wonder what “roles” people will suss out for group play.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jokes posted:

This is why I’ll probably boost a bard one day. There’s a shitload of sorceresses running around, I wonder what “roles” people will suss out for group play.

I'm not sure if I'm going to Paladin or Bard for my support. Paladin looks really cool and flashy but it didn't really click with me while leveling, even though I expected to like it a lot. Though I didn't get high enough with it to actually start using support skills yet so things could easily change. But maybe I'll surprise myself by somehow liking Bard better.

Similarly I usually don't go for archer classes but Sharpshooter's been really fun so far.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bard seems worse to me. For me, boost is for something I don’t want to level up. Paladin at least feels pretty powerful.

I wouldn’t boost wardancer because, heck, I just plain like playing it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So far Sorc has been the most fun for me, but as someone said, there are a billion of them running around.

What classes are we missing that other regions have? Is Priest a thing?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Paladin seems a lot more chill since most of its important party buffs are giant screenwide aoes or auras that you don't have to think about too much.
Meanwhile bard has a bunch of support stuff that's small melee range aoes or needs to be aimed.

But otoh Bard is the #1 most popular class in Korea while Paladin is a distant #4 with less than half of its playercount, so I guess I'm missing part of the appeal.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But otoh Bard is the #1 most popular class in Korea while Paladin is a distant #4 with less than half of its playercount, so I guess I'm missing part of the appeal.

There’s two of them actually. Paladin has a terrible aesthetic

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Paladin's spell effects are pretty cool but I'm also not super into the "holy knight, everything is angels and holy light and god power" thing in general so that might be why I'm not really clicking with it immediately.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I thought its “1-h sword” was way too large but then I saw a berserker and lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The seeds are there to make the world feel not empty right? I was excited when I found the first one and then realized what it really was

The seeds are there to dripfeed you Roster exp.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

BadLlama posted:

So far Sorc has been the most fun for me, but as someone said, there are a billion of them running around.

The only other Support just came out a month ago in Korea, and that's Artist.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

BadLlama posted:

Male warrior with a 2h hammer
Male gunner with a drone pet and smgs
Female summoner from beta/og Korean release
Female martial artist with a lance/spear (fan fav)
Female assassin with 2 daggers

Female artist support with a paint brush

Next up female berserker version.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The real mokoko rewards are probably from adv journal completion

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Proud peddler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

bagrada posted:

Male warrior with a 2h hammer
Male gunner with a drone pet and smgs
Female summoner from beta/og Korean release
Female martial artist with a lance/spear (fan fav)
Female assassin with 2 daggers

Female artist support with a paint brush

Next up female berserker version.

Hmmm Smgs and drone pets sound interesting