Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

midnight lasagna posted:

Does the gamer ever acknowledge a Harry that's inernalised all 4 political thoughts? I know Kim will comment on your second highest political affiliation as well as your first if you've got more than one, but as far as I can tell there's no consequence being a completely politically incoherent detective.

I think that's the "Art Cop" archetype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

:lmao: holy gently caress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Garbage toilet stink is not your fetish. Your nose does *not* loving like this

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Nordick posted:

I thought the fast travel is really nice and saves a ton of time not having to shuffle back and forth between the two halves of the map. Sure, I had to walk to one of the spots but it was still a lot less effort than having to hoof it all the way.

Unrelated, but holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/corgihell/status/1492363716628652039

DETECTIVE
CONSUMING
MANGOSTEEN

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pattonesque posted:

DETECTIVE
CONSUMING
MANGOSTEEN

lo l

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Been playing with the Looking Glass AI and training it on Disco Elysium portraits to see what it comes up with. I give you...

This Disco Elysium Character Does Not Exist.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Disco Elysium by David Lynch or "what if we turn surrealism to the max and inland empire is in charge?"

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Last one, I promise, but this batch I could write an entire game around. The cool guy in the upper left? Chef's kiss.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Those are incredible. You should definitely post them on Twitter and @ the devs, I bet they'd get a kick out of them

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You could have posted those claiming they were leaked art from an expansion/sequel and I'd have believed you

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

stealing this for TTRPG stuff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Words cannot describe how much I detest this creepy gently caress.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

got it in one

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That Dang Dad posted:

Last one, I promise, but this batch I could write an entire game around. The cool guy in the upper left? Chef's kiss.

I'm more taken with middle and lower right. They look incredibly... in-game.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I don't like being in the same plane of existence as dead center.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Caufman posted:

Feels like Measurehead's true arch-nemesis, somehow.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Caufman posted:

It's not that bad, you wanna toss the cans to the car before you start refilling. Just don't accidentally blow the whole load

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That Dang Dad posted:

Been playing with the Looking Glass AI and training it on Disco Elysium portraits to see what it comes up with. I give you...

This Disco Elysium Character Does Not Exist.

Anyone wanna try this with the skill portraits?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Why is no one talking about the cyclop? There's a loving cyclop here

Man, I really like the one on the bottom right. Since they're ai generated, would you mind if I used it for sth? I dunno what yet, but I like collecting avatar ideas

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

macabresca posted:

[slightly louder this time]

mono-clard

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

macabresca posted:

Man, I really like the one on the bottom right. Since they're ai generated, would you mind if I used it for sth? I dunno what yet, but I like collecting avatar ideas

Here's a drive with all the individual portraits it generated. Unfortunately, it only gave them to me in 256x256 soooo.... good for a profile pic at least. Go nuts!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fGZsRDVZTMzBi47VPwM8HMZIqV5kQqi3?usp=sharing

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Whoever did the analysis of the backgrounds of DE portraits and how they reflect the ideology and beliefs of each character should do the same thing for these. :colbert:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

macabresca posted:

Middle-Left looks like Ruby if she reanimated from the rage virus or something

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Whoever did the analysis of the backgrounds of DE portraits and how they reflect the ideology and beliefs of each character should do the same thing for these. :colbert:

sure, but instead I'll go on a loving wild tangent here

*art cop glasses put on*

tbqh it's a testament to the semiotics of good art (and artistic intent/merit/skill of the people who do it) that, while machine learning can produce some really cool results, it doesn't seem to produce those signifiers

like, knowing that those are produced by machine learning, they are in fact entirely divorced of the artistic context of the game. If I do not know that, one can still appraise that there's something really wrong with those in their semiotics. If we can imagine every piece of art in disco elysium as a jigsaw puzzle, which is composed of "aesthetic elements" as its pieces, these are like you scrambled those elements into a different configuration that makes the jigsaw whole but doesn't produce the expected result. Yeah, it's a house, sure, but not the house shown in the box.

I honestly think that, in my limited knowledge as somebody who just reads about it as a curious person, machine learning might be seriously loving interesting to study from the POV of aesthetics but especially marxist aesthetics. I think they are the ultimate form of what Walter Benjamin was thinking about in The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction: essentially that, by industrial reproduction and derivation, the art object loses an unknown portion of its uniqueness (he calls it "aura") and authenticity. The means of its reproduction are economic means, so art leaves the ritualistic process of other periods to become political.

All of that to say that machine-learning in art becomes a very interesting frontier if you think it in capitalistic terms. Instead of having to hire a bunch of artists and designers, with artistic knowledge and skill capable of creating a consistent and significant standard of visual art for my game, I can feed a robust dataset and let the program generate a shitload of results that I want. There's machine-learning for voice reproduction that does some stuff quite uncannily well; why would I need voice actors for, as a capitalist?

however, looking at that cyclops out of loving nowhere, it doesn't seem that machine-learning data scientists are too interested to catch semiotics (and given some techbros out there I don't think they even know what that is so), which might very well be a hidden triumph in art's favor

*art cop glasses off*

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Reaction Speed is the agility of your body and mind. It is instinct. It enables you to dodge punches, knives, bullets. Also suckers punches of the verbal kind. You’ll be more streetwise, never lost for words or lacking a witty comeback.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
It's my first play through, and I've already hit the lowest of the low with Kim by 6pm day 1. How have only 1.5% of Steam players achieved this?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's my first play through, and I've already hit the lowest of the low with Kim by 6pm day 1. How have only 1.5% of Steam players achieved this?

Most humans possess a sense of shame

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Mods?!?!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Incredible

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jesus Christ, Tequila.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hitting minimum with Kim on day 1 should be a permaban

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

At this point just keep doing what you're doing and watch the human trainwreck unfold.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I have no power over here BUT let me recommend for who can that, at least, a one week probe for being a failure of a human being is in order

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
No, if they get a seven day prob that’s a whole week where they can’t update us on how the investigation is going

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I'm purposely playing as a drunken violent dumb-as-poo poo racist (1434) and I haven't gotten that achievement. I called him a binoculard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The only way to redeem yourself is to get Kim to REALLY trust you.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
ditch the zero (kim) and get with the hero (not telling you)

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Entorwellian posted:

At this point just keep doing what you're doing and watch the human trainwreck unfold.

Not entirely remembering the choices before, but clicking through all of Sylive's telephone dialog, then annoying Kim with his radio choices, and finally opening my mouth to Garte as Doctor Love clinched the minimum. I'll do my best to see how this trainwreck plays out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Ok, I'm finally on board.

I had Disco Elysium for about a year, yet playing it or watching videos never really appealed to me. I guess I had to be in a certain mindset for its brand of comedy.

I have created two characters. My first, the one I'm playing with my husband, is a logical man, and he doesn't seem like a trainwreck. There are rare "I want to have gently caress with you", but I have already figured out what's wrong with Cuno and performed an autopsy on Day 1, as well as trying to punch Measurehead.

My second is a loving sensitive moron of a person who pretty much ONLY succeeded in the "I want to have gently caress with you" dialogue.
I shot a corpse, almost killed a wheelchair lady, missed hitting Cuno...

The game really reminds me of Pathologic 2 with its dry sense of humor and the overall feel of "strange town with unknown culture".

I think I've seen playthroughs where you can convince yourself and Garte that Incel Ideology is good, but I haven't done it. Considering I missed "Do sweeties get money" on my second playthrough, I'm guessing some choices are dependent on what you say as well as your broken brain stats.

I already want to create a third character who's a strongman nazi to see what I missed. Including Cunoesse. Does the game let me shoot a child.

Question: are there time limits of any kind? Like, if I don't freeze the shot-down corpse or just gently caress around for a day, does anything happen, or is time strictly for schedule and sidequest things? (Yes, I have read the OP and know about money, but besides that)

Vookatos fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 17, 2022