Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

LLSix posted:

I've been giving Kyneseed a go this week. It's unfortunately pretty far down the list of games I'd recommend that are farming-centric. It seems to want to be more of a puzzle/adventure game than a farming or management game. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to sell the crops you grow, other than standing at a shop counter and waiting for people to visit. Which is not a lot of fun since you can go noticeable periods without anyone coming by the shop.

I played it in early access like a year ago when barely any systems were in place and it seemed like an interesting game. I mainly bought it because of the promise that your character and those around you will eventually grow old and die, leaving the next generation to take over. Seemed like an interesting concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It’s definitely been on my wishlist for years but I don’t have enough confidence in it yet to throw money that way. Been burned too many times.

And I’m just tired of playing incomplete games through Early Access.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Hello I am new to this game and I am not going to read the thread to keep myself spoiler free however:

How do I enact revenge on Pierre for lying about growing the corn that I sold him?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Too Many Birds posted:

Hello I am new to this game and I am not going to read the thread to keep myself spoiler free however:

How do I enact revenge on Pierre for lying about growing the corn that I sold him?

Marry his daughter, then buy five more bouquets from him

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

:mrgw:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Too Many Birds posted:

Life’s always better with Joja

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Dunno where you are in the game, but at mid-winter the night market rolls by, and across all three days they sell every kind of seasonal seed. Plus you can make your own seeds once you unlock the seed maker. I stop buying seeds from Pierre entirely once I'm through the first autumn.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Too Many Birds posted:

Don't listen to these people. Learning how to properly hate on Pierre is part of the secret metagame and you should follow your own journey.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i'm going to install a mod and marry his wife.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Too Many Birds posted:

i'm going to install a mod and marry his wife.
Also beat the living poo poo out of him in the Grange Display contest at the county fair.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I don't particularly dislike Pierre.

I save all my contempt for Clint.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GotLag posted:

I don't particularly dislike Pierre.

I save all my contempt for Clint.

Clint is an incel.

Pierre is a capitalist.

:ussr:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Crazy Ted posted:

Also beat the living poo poo out of him in the Grange Display contest at the county fair.

i'm on year four and have done all the event-type stuff but still take a great pleasure in doing this every year

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mactheknife posted:

i'm on year four and have done all the event-type stuff but still take a great pleasure in doing this every year

The only time I cheered for Pierre was when he Team Rocket punched Morris into the sun.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Where's the mod where three days after that happens Pierre's body is found floating in the lake with stab wounds in his back and his death is ruled a suicide

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Where's the mod where three days after that happens Pierre's body is found floating in the lake with stab wounds in his back and his death is ruled a suicide

SDV Murder Mystery Mod when?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Warmachine posted:

it was me so i could romance caroline

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

it was me so i could romance caroline

You're covering for Caroline, who gave Pierre a Fern Island Iced Tea made with spiked Joja cola to throw off the investigation into thinking it was Morris who poisoned Pierre.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Warmachine posted:

There used to be a mod where everyone is was dead in SDV. Their bodies were strewn all around the valley. They game still functioned normally because all their ghosts would continue walking around (so basically a reskin and Sprite overhaul).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I here for this

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Donkringel posted:

There used to be a mod where everyone is was dead in SDV. Their bodies were strewn all around the valley. They game still functioned normally because all their ghosts would continue walking around (so basically a reskin and Sprite overhaul).
Randomly or with some thought to it? Like with George in front of the tv, Abigail in the mines, Shane beneath the cliff at the forest sewer entrance and so on?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Dangerously Funny did a video on it about 3 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_qLZx8ce7E

Poil posted:

Randomly or with some thought to it? Like with George in front of the tv, Abigail in the mines, Shane beneath the cliff at the forest sewer entrance and so on?

Some thought put into it although I don't know where everyone is. Caroline and Pierre are both dead near the Wizard's tower for instance.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eric the Mauve posted:

There's one stab wound for every non-Pierre person in town, sometimes homicide can be a team building exercise.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Worked for the Liberatores

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Gonna do a disco Elysium style playthrough where I just get drunk and yell at Pierre through my monitor about the crimes of capital

Edit: yell not tell, stupid phone

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 16, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Gonna do a disco Elysium style playthrough where I just get drunk and tell at Pierre through my monitor about the crimes of capital

Too bad you can't steal from him, explain you don't know what money is, and then give him a double-bird as you sail through the air and crash into poor Evelyn.

Who is Kim in this scenario, by the way?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Probably Linus

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
You are Kim. Your farmer is Harry.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I've been playing this game forever, just getting through a season and putting it down and starting over a few months later because I don't like the layout of my crops or whatever.

On my latest attempt I was able to craft a bunch of quality sprinklers and it's like the game finally clicked. I have a bunch of games in the backlog but I'll be damned if I'm playing anything but this on Switch for the next few weeks.

If I want to grow social links with the villagers, do I have to speak with each one every day? Is there a chance that I can lose hearts if I don't speak to someone for a few days?

e: typos

Trucker Hat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 22, 2022

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Social decay is a thing from not greeting them every day and is one of the more controversial features. Twice weekly loved gifting far outweighs the decay, at least. Also speaking to them, like, once a week is enough to counteract the decay so it's not a big deal and more of a just 'why?'

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

social decay stops when they're at 10 hearts and is also p small for the most part. don't worry about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can mostly ignore people except on Birthdays where you give them a loved gift and they'll still trend upwards. I wouldn't stress it.

Do the quests on the bulletin reward that reward friendship. Give loved gifts on birthdays. Talk to the entire town during holidays when they're all in one spot.

When you're feeling like you have time and materials to spare, start giving whatever-quality gifts to a few people at a time until you're really comfortable with doing wider coverage. No stress here. It doesn't take that long to max people out and a full playthrough lasts quite a few game years.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A calendar for your house is convenient to grab a birthday gift without having to backtrack.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I believe chatting with someone once a week will get you positive relations. I would have a day where I just run to everyone and give them some jelly before spending the next 6 days in the mines.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I keep dump chests full of gifts in the village for ease.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Almost everyone likes Sashimi. So once you have a kitchen and a run of crab pots somewhere handy you can have a big stack of "hi."

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Tylana posted:

Almost everyone likes Sashimi. So once you have a kitchen and a run of crab pots somewhere handy you can have a big stack of "hi."

While true avoid giving it to Emily, Kent, and Evelyn as they all hate Sashimi. Krobus dislikes it and oddly Willy is Neutral to it.

If you got the fruit bat cave giving out the fruit that grows on trees (Apples, Apricots, Oranges, etc) are all universally liked or loved. Not Bananas or Mangos oddly though.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

This mod is also good for gift giving. Easier than alt-tabbing to the wiki for a lot of little things.

Lookup Anything
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/541

If you get the botanist skill, iridium salmon and blackberries are good gift choices that have a dual use as health potions.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 22, 2022

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i really like that kent basically just loving loves everything that i give him.

i was real worried when he showed up initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This mod is also good for gift giving. Easier than alt-tabbing to the wiki for a lot of little things.

Lookup Anything
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/541