Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Dustcat posted:

that's not gonna be enough for aquaman to start snapping up properties, can we make it three feet

We absolutely can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Genghis Khan didn't kill anybody for an ideology. They didn't surrender, so they died. That he managed to do this over the Eurasian continent and depopulate it was just this policy applied consistently, not a deliberate attempt to cool off the world.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Venomous posted:

sure, okay, maybe I didn't mean ecofascist in a literal sense and it was a bad choice of words, but the point is, when your opinions on Genghis Khan are identical to that of some liberal in the Guardian 11 years ago, you kinda have to question whether or not your opinion is, in fact, utter poo poo

I don't center an op-ed from the Guardian in my understanding of one of the most interesting people in history to read about lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the pattern of every person spluttering "ecofascist!" actually just being someone unable to come to grips with reality continues to hold

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Continuation of yaupon tea chat from a few weeks ago - got mine and tried the green, mint, chai, and fire roasted and wow. really good. A++ would try to grow this and make my own or just continue buying it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Greenest Khan

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Egg Moron posted:

The real estate market in that village is ON FIRE

You cant get underwater on these houses its literally impossible!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Continuation of yaupon tea chat from a few weeks ago - got mine and tried the green, mint, chai, and fire roasted and wow. really good. A++ would try to grow this and make my own or just continue buying it.

lost pines yaupon is good. they're located here in austin and i buy from them regularly

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

the pattern of every person spluttering "ecofascist!" actually just being someone unable to come to grips with reality continues to hold

I mean if you really don't think the fucker on the last page who literally said we're overpopulated wasn't throwing out ecofascist rhetoric then idk what to tell you

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Coastal Sea Levels in U.S. to Rise a Foot by 2050, Study Confirms https://nyti.ms/3HWojbO

quote:

[a noaa official] described the report as a “wake-up call” for the United States. “But it’s a wake-up call that comes with a silver lining,” he said. “It provides us with information needed to act now to best position ourselves for the future.”

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

doomunist

commudoomer

a long time ago i went down the "what if a thanos snap but well targeted" and the best i could dream up was some kind of deadly virus that is harmless on the ground but when exposed to the increased radiation of jet-flight say 3 times in under 60 days it activates and kills the host

anyway go ahead and probe me neither of us will be missing anything

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Venomous posted:

I mean if you really don't think the fucker on the last page who literally said we're overpopulated wasn't throwing out ecofascist rhetoric then idk what to tell you

don't worry bro we'll get to 15 billion people some miracle technology will be discovered bro we can do it bro we can get All Time Number a record that will never ever be beaten ever bro

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And then we'll conquer our solar system because it is our birthright. At least that's what I read in D&D.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Cloks posted:

Coastal Sea Levels in U.S. to Rise a Foot by 2050, Study Confirms https://nyti.ms/3HWojbO

quote:

[a noaa official] described the report as a “wake-up call” for the United States. “But it’s a wake-up call that comes with a silver lining,” he said. “It provides us with information needed to act now to best position ourselves for the future.”

every time an article ends this way i imagine a gun to someones head and a teleprompter

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Capitalism wouldn’t become sustainable even if there was a hard cap of 10,000 people.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

Capitalism wouldn’t become sustainable even if there was a hard cap of 10,000 people.

it probably would actually because it would die out immediately

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Capitalism is resilient.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You can't point out that there being almost 8 billion people on the planet with another 2 or 3 billion to come is a problem because problems have to be solved with solutions and the person pointing fingers and crying "ecofascist!" can only think of one solution to the problem.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Capitalism is a mean son of a bitch.

Oh wait...can we just thanos all the capitalists? Should be a word for that imo.

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Capitalism can remain solvent longer than your biosphere can.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Venomous posted:

pro tip if humanity dies of climate change that's just redefining the term ecofascism

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

anyone that doesn't include themselves, their loved ones, and their families in their "depopulation" fantasies deserves to die like a dog

and any psycho who does deserves to die like a dog

pretty simple imo

if your ideology breaks down to "blowing a child's brain out, but wokeishly" you have an express ticket to a red wall

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQQObIQ63T0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wish somebody would chalk the dang sky

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
There are ways to depopulate that do not involve murder. They would certainly have to involve coercion, but hell, if you could limit all families to one child then the population would decline sharply and quickly. Eventually you could come up with systems that would allow for larger families. there’s all kinds of things that could be tried. of course, like everything else we need to be doing, we will do none of them. Number must go UP!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

birthrates fall on their own via other means that are more positive for society and less incendiary than like enforcing sterilization on couples that wont comply with your policy or whatever stick you would have to come up with.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Raine posted:

anyone that doesn't include themselves, their loved ones, and their families in their "depopulation" fantasies deserves to die like a dog

and any psycho who does deserves to die like a dog

pretty simple imo

if your ideology breaks down to "blowing a child's brain out, but wokeishly" you have an express ticket to a red wall

i literally made myself sterile

what have you done for planet earth

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Birthrates fall when your society becomes more wealthy, but being wealthy necessarily results in more carbon emissios.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Minera posted:

I’ve been farting all day

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

I’ve been farting all day

so thats why its called shitposting...

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Minera posted:

im not having children either but im not pretending it makes a meaningful difference

i would just rather not be responsible for bringing a child to a life of hell

edit: my op was in response to "thanos snapping" or whatever dumb metaphor people wanna use for mass murder / genocide

Raine has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Feb 16, 2022

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
I searched the actual noaa report for “thwaites” and there were zero results

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
good things come to those who thwaites

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what? farming a poo poo load of land with fertilizers and vehicles and then doing an assload of industrial chemistry to make ethanol isnt good for the environment? really?
https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/us-corn-based-ethanol-worse-climate-than-gasoline-study-finds-2022-02-14/

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
me and the crew doing an ecoterror

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
be gay, do crimes!

(and thus save the planet from overpopulation)

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
The crime is good!
The penis is evil!

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

removing men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNRPiXes7OQ

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

are you all leaving water out for the animals?

rainwater saucers getting occasional business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
i am once again trying to remind everyone that

things aren't even that bad yet