Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Verhoeven never read Starship Troopers and the movie is better for it :colbert:

He read two chapters and got bored. :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

howe_sam posted:

I've also started up a Fringe rewatch as a distraction while I ride the exercise bike, and the thing about season one that's really stood out to me is how much they keep shoehorning John Scott into the plots.

I can't remember, at what point does it become obvious that Peter is from the other Earth? That's a season two reveal right?

Yep, it's fairly obvious through season 1 once you see Peter's grave but is made explicit in season 2 when Olivia sees his "shimmer".

gently caress...am I going to have to rewatch Fringe you guys?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1493587192152793089

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What was the Good Place episode where they're all sitting around a table and Eleanor starts making fun of Tahani like "Hibbledy bibbledy, there do be a fly in my soup"?

I can't find it googling, I guess I could rewatch the whole thing but .. hm

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Any particular reason why "Inventing Anna" needs to be nine episodes? On one hand, over on IMDB, the rating kind of suggests that should be watchable, the same time I keep reading that it's a snooze fest. :confused:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched and quite enjoyed the first two episodes but I have absolutely no idea how there’s seven more in there

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Combat Pretzel posted:

Any particular reason why "Inventing Anna" needs to be nine episodes? On one hand, over on IMDB, the rating kind of suggests that should be watchable, the same time I keep reading that it's a snooze fest. :confused:

I remember watching a YT video about her, and they seemed to sum the whole thing up in about 20 minutes...

It's kinda like the McDonalds Scandal show. The story is super interesting, but they dragged it out too long and I got bored and stopped watching it about halfway through. See also : most Netflix murder documentaries, especially the ones that end with a shrug of the shoulders and no conclusion.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the worst one of those for me was The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. interesting enough case, but ultimately the actual story takes like 20 minutes to tell or 5 minutes to read and did not need 4 loving episodes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the amount of rescheduling that Fringe endured was insane. there was like a stretch in one of the later seasons where it just wasn’t on for like four weeks because of baseball, thanksgiving and just whatever else american tv does.

Man, I just now realized poo poo like that was probably a big reason why I hated sports so much as a kid, like today, who gives a poo poo just ignore it and vote against stadiums whatever. But as a kid sports was aggressive and offensive since it would very often replace something good you wanted to watch at that time. The More-Expensive-Than-Cable Streaming Era has 99 problems, but playing baseball when I click Star Trek ain't one.

External Organs posted:

Fringe thoughts: holy poo poo this show makes me want to play Control.

The whole time playing Control Ii thought this place and people would make for a good TV show lol. I'd also kill for something like an adventure game set in Control's Bureau, all investigating AEWs and OOPs, none of the endless looter shootering.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

External Organs posted:

Fringe thoughts: holy poo poo this show makes me want to play Control.

I really need to finish Control one of these days, I got bogged down trying to kill a possessed fridge and moved on to other things.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

I also read a review that said the show was a bald-faced endorsement of her actions. Which is especially interesting in light of the fact that the actual woman was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars as a consultant for the production and was allowed special treatment by the courts to use that money to pay off her debts and legal fees from the crimes—despite the Son of Sam laws that were created to address this exact scenario.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I really need to finish Control one of these days, I got bogged down trying to kill a possessed fridge and moved on to other things.

Was this refrigerator....running?

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1493656627404230657

4/24

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Finally! It was one of my favorite shows... 3 yeras ago :(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

howe_sam posted:

Go back and finish it, the thing possessing the fridge is just misunderstood and wants to be your friend. Maybe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did anything ever come of the reports that they were thinking about filming 3 and 4 back to back? I know they mentioned that the downtime of the pandemic let them write all of season 4 already.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/HaloTheSeries/status/1493705080012427267

lol ALL IN

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not since vinyl have we seen such misplaced confidence.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Why does my TV show app say there is season 4 episode 1 of Wellington Paranormal coming out tomorrow? Is it back tomorrow?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress yes, finally!

Oh my God this rules :allears:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I just can’t believe that streaming tv is in a place where a Halo series turns the entire first season into a search for the actual loving Halo.

Maybe we’ll see the Halo tv show’s Halo in season 2.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1493719076408938499

I've nearly finished binging all 13 seasons of this stupid show, so this makes me happy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/TitmouseInc/status/1493745677599313920
So basically they're doing a movie where Beavis and Butt-Head are sent to the present day and then the reboot will go off of that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, I thought they were gonna be old?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm thinking they meet their future selves while time-traveling?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Not since vinyl have we seen such misplaced confidence.

:( I liked Vinyl

Bobby Carnivalle (I know if probably spelt that wrong) is one of those actors that transfixes me. He is so goddam intense.

Him being married/together with Rose Byrne is one of the biggest Hollywood odd couples to me as well.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 16, 2022

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Titmouse is having a hell of a past few years, huh?

Beavis and Butthead, Animaniacs, The Boys: Diabolical, Legend of Vox Machina, Lower Decks, and Big Mouth

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1493719076408938499

I've nearly finished binging all 13 seasons of this stupid show, so this makes me happy.

Oh hell yea! Guilty pleasure show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Paracaidas posted:

Titmouse is having a hell of a past few years, huh?

Beavis and Butthead, Animaniacs, The Boys: Diabolical, Legend of Vox Machina, Lower Decks, and Big Mouth

And, most importantly, they unionized.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh hell yea! Guilty pleasure show.

Same, it's the main reason we subbed to P+.

Edit: Inventing Anna chat- it's far longer than it needs to be because it's a Shonda Rhimes show.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 16, 2022

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why does the trailer make her look glamorous. I thought she was known for dressing like a slob to sell the "too rich to care" vibe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because Shonda I guess.

Edit: my wife loves the Shonda shows so I've seen a lot of them. This show just has way too many of her regular players. It makes me wonder if nobody else will work with her anymore.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 16, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As part of their event today ViacomCBS announced that they're changing the name of ViacomCBS to just Paramount. (Technically Paramount Global but expect everything to just call them Paramount.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they'll change the name of CBS.

UPN really rolls off the tongue.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

Fox did an interesting experiment with Fringe because the first season episodes are 50 minutes long and it had much shorter commercial breaks. So they are charging a big premium for those commercial slots like it's the super bowl. Guess it didn't work out because seasons 2-5 went back to 42 minutes.

There was also v notable product placement for one car during the season, iirc the season one thread was making GBS threads all over it at the time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gotta be subtle with the product placement, like Subway and Chuck

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Car companies are so weird with their product placement. Like it isn't enough for the character to drive the car, they have to do these terrible "check out this feature" bits as well that never come off as natural.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hiro. We have to get a car qui--

NISSAN VERSA! NISSAN VERSA!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's 15 years later and you still remember it, they got their money’s worth outta that one

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

There was also v notable product placement for one car during the season, iirc the season one thread was making GBS threads all over it at the time.

The one that always stuck in my mind was from season four, uh, vague spoilers for the fourth season of Fringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fY1_NSxF0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Quick Vaughn! The F150!