Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dramicus posted:

Have faith in Nagash, friend.

Oh yeah, I'm sure we will get at least one VCounts DLC for 3, just commenting that they, Norsca, and WOC were the only WH1 race to not get a WH2 DLC.

My guess is Neferata for one DLC and Nagash as some new faction/race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

tithin posted:

Is there any indication of how the old Chaos invasion is going to work in Mortal empires 3, given the new poo poo that's been added to differentiate the chaos factions?

I am sort of presuming that it's going to remain the same - I haven't kept up with the roster changes, but none of the new chaos factions have subsumed anything from the OG Chaos roster, right?

I heard people have seen Norsca take settlements outside of areas where they wouldn't be able to in previous games, so that's good. AI Warriors of Chaos have settlements now, though how close that brings them to a playable "rework" is probably impossible to say this early. For example, I wonder if their current horde buildings are just part of settlements in game 3, or do they do something more?

I rarely catch streams live, and once I did manage to get someone to think about mousing over the building slots in WoC settlements to see what they do. Unfortunately, he had no armies or agents close enough to one to try.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 16, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
People keep hyping up Nagash but I have next to no interest in a faction that's just a mishmash of existing units with, like, two uniques. Would make a neat antagonist tho.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azran posted:

VC actually got a rework that made all units and heroes accessible earlier, got a new start pos for Kemmler and the whole bloodline system + reworked tech tree. They still need some more stuff, though. There's no point to 2/3s of their regular lord, for instance.

Given the quality of their reworks so far, I expect Norsca and WoC to get a decent amount of love at some point in the future.
Except for Banshees, which require a tier 5 building to increase their capacity, which to my understanding is the only hero with that requirement in the game now. VCounts definitely need some love after the love that Greenskins and Dwarfs got. Their economy is also on a really weird curve (free skellies non-withstanding) because their basic income building is not very good, their growth building is excessively expensive to build the tier two and three upgrades of, and the only other way to get money is a bunch of income from the very expensive (especially to upgrade) purple Vampire, Necromancer, and Banshee buildings. Even with free skellies its hard to run multiple armies that have units that have normal upkeep because of the low base income. Also, they have the worst garrisons in the game.

Kazzah posted:

One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES POOPING OUT NURGLINGS

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 16, 2022

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Mordja posted:

People keep hyping up Nagash but I have next to zero interest in a faction that's just a mishmash of existing units with, like, two uniques.

Yeah most of what people like about Nagash's undead stuff mostly comes from his AoS designs where he makes some pretty boned up dudes. I think it's fairly safe to say that the spectacle is just Nagash himself, all giant and really bad at everything he does and wedgied by life and unlife in equal measure.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ossiarch Boner Eaters

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah most of what people like about Nagash's undead stuff mostly comes from his AoS designs where he makes some pretty boned up dudes.
I do not like AoS and know as little about it as I can manage considering how much it is posted about in these threads. I do not like Nagash because of anything to do with AoS.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think it's fairly safe to say that the spectacle is just Nagash himself, all giant and really bad at everything he does and wedgied by life and unlife in equal measure.
Yeah I just think he's cool and love undead stuff. I want to see the big bad guy show up, whether its via a Belakor type-thing where I can unlock him as a lord or as a LL leading a new faction of undead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If nagash is supposed to have control over all the undead you could probably make a fun faction based around nicking undead, and possibly lords, from the other undead factions. Like your objectives are to conquer and take control of the other undead factions and as you do you get access to more of their rosters.

Would be a fun bit of the map to fight over IMO, from nagashizzar up north to the empire and south to nehekara.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
With the end times theme going on I do hope WOC get big reworks that make Archaon actually fun to play. Bringing about the apocalypse really should be tons of fun and with the big chaos focus the tools should be in place around a year from now to be kickin rad.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

shittin nurglings rn

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I have the game pre-loaded and it is calling to me. Whispering sweet nothings in my ear about not needing sleep and stuff.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Preloading right now, bit of a Valentine's Day gift from the wife.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

OwlFancier posted:

If nagash is supposed to have control over all the undead you could probably make a fun faction based around nicking undead, and possibly lords, from the other undead factions. Like your objectives are to conquer and take control of the other undead factions and as you do you get access to more of their rosters.

Would be a fun bit of the map to fight over IMO, from nagashizzar up north to the empire and south to nehekara.

Honestly that'd be a cool rework of Arkhan. The first part of the campaign is him putting sleeper agents, consolidating power, and subjugating some undead, and then once you've done that you revive Nagash and he takes over as faction leader and you take over the undead and it's go time for world domination.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eimi posted:

Honestly that'd be a cool rework of Arkhan. The first part of the campaign is him putting sleeper agents, consolidating power, and subjugating some undead, and then once you've done that you revive Nagash and he takes over as faction leader and you take over the undead and it's go time for world domination.

I opened a bunch of random threads while zoning out on my phone and at first I thought this was a proposal for reworking the Arkham Batman games, was finding the whole thing pretty awesome until Nagash gave me a double take.

Anyways, Warner, hire this poster.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the idea of say Arkhan, Neferata, Harkon or Mannfred being able to revive Nagash who becomes the new faction leader as an overpowered LL. I could also see when not being played for these factions to work towards Nagash’s revival if successful uniting under him as a threat other then Chaos.

I would also love to see Drachenfels added, he could have a cool Undead/Deamon army mix.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kazzah posted:

One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

thats a thread title if I ever saw one

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kazzah posted:

Total War: Warhammer 3 - One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Daemon. I will be pedantic.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Gonna poop all OVER some nerds. And then boot up Warhams the Third.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I've played TW games but never got around to the Warhammer ones. I see 3 is on gamepass which is great. I pre-loaded it today.

I also noticed that neither of the first 2 games are on gamepass (or even the windows store?), so I wonder how that will work with the giant cross-game map.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

ultrachrist posted:

I also noticed that neither of the first 2 games are on gamepass (or even the windows store?), so I wonder how that will work with the giant cross-game map.

It probably means gamepass just won't get it. It's highly likely that it's only available to people who own the previous two games.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's odd watching the skrag start and how massive the mountains are when they're barely a tiny province on the ME map.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

It won't work. Same with buying WH3 on Epic while you own the previous games on Steam.

You need to own all three games / DLCs in the same store in order to get access to that content in WH3.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Azran posted:

According to Andy Hall in the most recent interview, CA thinks of the monogod factions as Daemon factions with a side assortment of mortals to cover any gaps, they didn't want to give everyone the same tools and that's why there's no, for example, Warriors for anyone but Khorne. I assume the less popular mortal lords like Festus may go to WoC over their monogod factions, and the most popular mortals like Valkya will go to Daemons because of the shiny factor. In terms of units though, yeah, no more non-mortals left to add unless they start making new daemons up.

WoC are a pure anvil in Total Warhammer - and as such would be broken in both Slaanesh and Tzeentch. And probably in Nurgle. That said I want Tzaangors and Pestigors (both shared with beastmen) - and Nurgle also needs marauders with shields.

I'm expecting the mortals from the WoC army book to go into WoC so there's one WoC leader for each of the four Gods (with Sigvald staying there). We've also heard somewhere Changeling + Monkey King as a combination on the way.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Raygereio posted:

It won't work. Same with buying WH3 on Epic while you own the previous games on Steam.

You need to own all three games / DLCs in the same store in order to get access to that content in WH3.

Huh, so Epic has 1 and will have 3 but not 2. That's even weirder. And it only got 1 in the past few months. That suggest to me it will eventually get 2 so I suppose there's hope for gamepass as well.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The FAQ says

quote:

WILL TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER AND TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER II BE AVAILABLE ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE AND THE WINDOWS STORE IN THE FUTURE?
Yes, we hope to add these games – and their DLC – to both store fronts in the future.

CAN I PURCHASE DLC FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER GAMES I OWN ON ONE STORE ON ANOTHER (AND VICE VERSA)?
Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like the idea of say Arkhan, Neferata, Harkon or Mannfred being able to revive Nagash who becomes the new faction leader as an overpowered LL. I could also see when not being played for these factions to work towards Nagash’s revival if successful uniting under him as a threat other then Chaos.

I would also love to see Drachenfels added, he could have a cool Undead/Deamon army mix.

Yes, give me Drachenfels and his Castle.

Castle Drachenfels is still on WFRP 4E maps.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Thanks! :ms:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Kazzah posted:

One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

Stoked for this poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yes, give me Drachenfels and his Castle.

Castle Drachenfels is still on WFRP 4E maps.

I think Castle Drachenfels is on the Realm of Chaos Map.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ultrachrist posted:

Huh, so Epic has 1 and will have 3 but not 2. That's even weirder. And it only got 1 in the past few months. That suggest to me it will eventually get 2 so I suppose there's hope for gamepass as well.
Like I said earlier though, I think 3rd party games cycle in and out of gamepass, so there might not be plans to ever have the full IE campaign there. Notice even the FAQ only specifies "the Windows Store."

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Castle Drachenfels is on the Realm of Chaos Map.

Yeah, Skrag starts in that province, even.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Nagash as a Sword of Kaine or Lord Kroak style unbalanced unlock for the Undead races seems like a good way to implement him, rather than a full fledged faction of his own.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, Skrag starts in that province, even.

Province next to it from a quick look.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
preloaded but swamped with work right now. Ill probably do the tutorial based on mandalor loving it but its gonna be 2-3 weeks before I can really get into it.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
Warhams 2 Question:

Has anyone ever seen Loyalty do anything? I've played Pirates and Rats, and in both campaigns I have never seen a Lord rebel against me, ever.

I fondly recall this actually happening in the Way Old Total Wars of Yore, but it seems in this game almost nothing triggers them into fighting me.

I suppose the Loyalty Stuff says you can prevent disloyalty by giving them a strong army and some treasure, which is basically the exact thing you do with every Lord anyway. I also roll my eyes at the concept of giving someone access to thousands of powerful soldiers as something that makes them LESS likely to launch a coup.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I once had a rebellion by a Vamp Coast general. I was trying to use the office system to BS my way into all the buffs without having a bunch of standing armies, and this required me to take all his troops away... which led to him rebelling and somehow spawning a bunch of new high-level poo poo, right on top of Sartosa while Aranessa was off killing elves. It didn't quite kill the campaign, but I wound up abandoning it later.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah you have to basically strip a lord of his army to get him to rebel

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

PosSibley posted:

Anyone know how soon until I can pay extra for Blood for the Blood God?
How soon is now?

from what I remember of 2 they carried over the blood dlc between games, if your old games had one they all had it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Warhams 2 Question:

Has anyone ever seen Loyalty do anything? I've played Pirates and Rats, and in both campaigns I have never seen a Lord rebel against me, ever.

I fondly recall this actually happening in the Way Old Total Wars of Yore, but it seems in this game almost nothing triggers them into fighting me.

I suppose the Loyalty Stuff says you can prevent disloyalty by giving them a strong army and some treasure, which is basically the exact thing you do with every Lord anyway. I also roll my eyes at the concept of giving someone access to thousands of powerful soldiers as something that makes them LESS likely to launch a coup.

I've had it happen when I recruit a lord to defend a city, can't get any with loyalty higher than 5, give them some items, and then after a couple turns try to disband their army for upkeep reasons and get my items back. Stopped doing that fairly quick after the first two times. Although sometimes it's free XP if you have another army nearby!