Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think if anyone can make Kazakus work it's going to be Guff druid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I'm excited to try Dragon Priest and if it's as fun as I'm hoping, will push to a golden Priest hero even if it's a sub 50% win rate.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I'm excited to try Dragon Priest and if it's as fun as I'm hoping, will push to a golden Priest hero even if it's a sub 50% win rate.

I just played this list with an Lady Prestor and Kazakushan (and a Noz because it's Noz day). It's pretty hilarious

2x Raise Dead
2x Draconic Studies
2x Holy Smite
2x Renew
2x Shard of the Naaru
2x Insight
2x Amulet of Undying
2x Horn of Wrathion
2x Palm Reading
1x Hysteria
2x Lightmaw Netherdrake
2x Onyxian Warder
2x Spirit Guide
2x Dragonmaw Sky Stalker
2x Plagued Protodrake
1x Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Kazakusan is probably going to end up pretty worthless in standard, but Lady Prestor decks in arena that generate random Kazakusan's are going to be an annoyance.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I’ve managed to pull off 3 games now of turn 5 kaza (coin + 2 mana discount from that corrupted draw a minion card), and like the treasures were fun but not sure if they’re even that powerful enough to be worth it. 2/3 wins after the t5 kaza sure, but then always losing on the times you don’t pull it off.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had the “3 games with Nozdorumu” quest today, and for it I used a terribly outdated and slopped-together dragon priest deck with no real game plan behind it. I actually matched with someone else with Noz and got a rare, spontaneous, non-rage friend request because of it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

I had the “3 games with Nozdorumu” quest today, and for it I used a terribly outdated and slopped-together dragon priest deck with no real game plan behind it. I actually matched with someone else with Noz and got a rare, spontaneous, non-rage friend request because of it.

:ssh: everyone gets the noz quest on the 15th each month

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
For whatever reason I still rarely get Noz v Noz games.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Huh, it doesn’t feel like a once-a-month thing.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

For whatever reason I still rarely get Noz v Noz games.

yeah people are lame. I always just tack it on to whatever aggro deck i'm playing and I think i've gotten 1 match in the 12-15 games I've played with it on the 15th of each month since i've been back.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Whenever the Noz quest happens I usually get 2 out of 3 people also playing it in Casual Wild.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Patch is out by the way. Of the new BG heroes I've only played Onyxia so far but she seems real bad

EDIT: I think Onyxia is one of the worst heroes in the game

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 16, 2022

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Chernabog posted:

I think if anyone can make Kazakus work it's going to be Guff druid.

FWIW, NoHandsGamer plays mostly Guff druid at very high legend and described it as "Pay 8: lose the game." He only liked two of the cards in the mini set, the DH one which draws cards from left/right play (though I think he said it was a build-around card) and one other I forget. He also said the Warlock fatigue ping card was good but unexciting.

As others have said, I think this mini-set was designed with this year's rotation in mind.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kazakusan is a trap choice for druids

dragon priest can use it just fine

if you're doing the ramp thing use Raid Boss/Scale/Arbor Up as a wincon, not kazakusan

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

FWIW I was tearing through the ladder with Kazakus druid earlier today. The 3x fireball spell is almost always an automatic win, especially if you have over 10 mana.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah NoHandsGamer has reversed his opinion on Kazakusan. If you can play it you win.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, I just started watching NoHandsGamer again and he's playing Guff Kaz (at Legend 10) and I think everyone else is too. Apparently it's completely busted! I guess that's the difference between theorycrafting and playing the game.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The game tonight is just druid vs druid, who can high roll faster. Really when you think about it this is the endgame of Hearthstone.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Hmm, don't have enough druid to try it so I only get to lose to it and it's still only day 1 but drat. Starting to seem like there's no more internal balance testing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://hsreplay.net/replay/X8xesiKN2ATUYRwuv9kXZi

kazakusan is just evil man, this poor control warrior just gets solo'd by wax rager

8-2 on the night, only losses to quest shaman high roll and druid that lucked into a celestial alignment after playing his kazakusan on curve

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I just tried a Kazkusan-only Priest deck and it's pretty fun. With Insight along with Draconic Studies you can tutor and play him on turn 5. Draconic Studies can even give you more Kazakusans!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I've been doggedly playing Big Hero Power Mage all month and I finally found an opponent that crumbles to it: Dragon Priest! Their lack of pressure lets me build up a heap of armor and when they finally play Kazakusan there aren't any boards that 3-4 Mass Polymorphs and/or my HP and freeze cards can't handle. I faced four of them tonight and even when they got an early Kaz it didn't matter because they could only do one thing each turn. I would guess that Kaz is only busted in Guff Druid because you can get it out so early and do multiple things per turn.

Anecdotally, I played around 7-8 games tonight and didn't hit a single Druid at D8/9.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Who knew making your deck 10 busted-by-design treasures, would in fact be busted :v:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Who knew making your deck 10 busted-by-design treasures, would in fact be busted :v:

Also it turns out the deckbuilding requirement to only use a common, strong minion type doesn't really matter much to classes that use a bunch of spells.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I’ll be back after the nerf😀

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

victorious posted:

I just tried a Kazkusan-only Priest deck and it's pretty fun. With Insight along with Draconic Studies you can tutor and play him on turn 5. Draconic Studies can even give you more Kazakusans!

What can I replace Soul Mirror with? I don’t want to craft it since it rotates out in a few weeks

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What can I replace Soul Mirror with? I don’t want to craft it since it rotates out in a few weeks

I think for Kazakusan decks, you're just trying to get to your win condition.

Soul Mirror is a good catch all control tool for wide developed boards, but you could just be ok not targeting those decks and lose some win percentage to turbo out Kaz quicker.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

RatHat posted:

Patch is out by the way. Of the new BG heroes I've only played Onyxia so far but she seems real bad

Wow you weren't kidding

I think it might be bugged because I'm pretty sure the pirate dude will keep summoning dudes while locked for spaces. As it is right now, she'll only summon additional whelps if there is space.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 16, 2022

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Kalko posted:

Yeah, I just started watching NoHandsGamer again and he's playing Guff Kaz (at Legend 10) and I think everyone else is too. Apparently it's completely busted! I guess that's the difference between theorycrafting and playing the game.

Pretty funny, but he rates cards as trash, decent or "broken".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Disargeria posted:

Wow you weren't kidding

I think it might be bugged because I'm pretty sure the pirate dude will keep summoning dudes while locked for spaces. As it is right now, she'll only summon additional whelps if there is space.

No, Scallywag won't summon when locked for space. In fact, it sometimes won't summon at times when Onyxia would as the priority for effects is HP, deathrattle, reborn.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Huh I ran into a few of these on ladder last night with my burn Shaman.. I think 3 or 4 of my priest opponents got the Kazakusan off, I won all of the games except for one I arguably should have conceded earlier but I let priest kill me with Quel'Delar because I wanted to see some treasures god drat it :(

I kinda figured that people were just meme-ing on day 1, I didn't realize that card was declared to be completely busted lol.. Only saw priests playing it, did not run into any druids.. I'll have to give it a try myself sometimes if I can work it into my aggro or mid range poo poo :)

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

RatHat posted:

I just had an Onyxia game. It was... fine. One bright side is the welps of course count as deaths, so for every welp you summon it's only 3 more to the next proc. I got dozens of cards off Witchwing Nestmatron, and I imagine it would be decent with Mechano-Tank, Impatient Doomsayer and Dazzling Lightspawn. Pyrospawn bonus procs too. Maybe it helped that my game had Pirates and Mechs since my early game was Double Scallywag, Micromummy, Acolyte.

Still not a good hero, but I would pick it over some of the true trash ones depending on the tribes.

Edit: you also win "ties" 1/3 of the time if you end on a proc

Elysium fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 16, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Starsfan posted:

Huh I ran into a few of these on ladder last night with my burn Shaman.. I think 3 or 4 of my priest opponents got the Kazakusan off, I won all of the games except for one I arguably should have conceded earlier but I let priest kill me with Quel'Delar because I wanted to see some treasures god drat it :(

I kinda figured that people were just meme-ing on day 1, I didn't realize that card was declared to be completely busted lol.. Only saw priests playing it, did not run into any druids.. I'll have to give it a try myself sometimes if I can work it into my aggro or mid range poo poo :)

It's swingy. After you play it you've either won the game if you've got quel delars and fireballs or you've lost if you get a bunch of garbage treasures.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Casual Wild right now is full of people trying to make Mi'da, Pure Light work. It's a bit slow still but I am confident someone will break it wide open.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol, wtf. I've been ranking up in Standard, but not making progress towards the 5 ranked wins a week quest.

Wins in ranked wild also not making progress.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't have Soul Mirror either, my whole deck is:
1. Insight and Draconic Studies
2. Spells that can tutor or discover Insight and Draconic Studies.
3. Anything that either heals you, slows down the opponent or tradeable cards to cycle through your deck.
4. A very small Deathrattle package of Call of the Grave/Xyrella. There's a good number of medium size Deathrattle taunts that can help stall until you get Kazakusan.

The absolute best opening hand is Draconic Studies/Insight/Palm Reading, that gets you a Turn 5 Kaz. With coin and a second Draconic Studies you can even get him out Turn 4. If you can't find any of those cards or Kaz himself by turn 8/9 you're probably screwed.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

Lol, wtf. I've been ranking up in Standard, but not making progress towards the 5 ranked wins a week quest.

Wins in ranked wild also not making progress.

:same:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tfw you're playing a weak gimmick deck and queue into MarkMcKz

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gonna spoil his next video for you

Smokescreen OTK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've been having a lot of fun playing Wild OwlTK, Standard is a MESS right now.