Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cool. I'm only 49 (scrapper) but it just doesn't feel...great. I'm enjoying the game overall but it feels like a giant slog right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Jabor posted:

No.

The big pain is if you switch mains after investing a bunch of resources into your old main's gear and engravings, you're gonna have to replace those resources to get your new main up to where your old one was.

Anecdotally (I'm still in the 20s) the higher you get into the gear treadmill the more annoying and grindy it is to switch mains. I assume they'll do catchup systems later but its like if you had to gear up through vanilla and burning crusade in order to be able to play through wrath of the lich king.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Country has laws against being a predator, predator can't give up predatory practices so they refuse to go to said country, country is better off.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I like how the endgame dungeons are challenging, like you HAVE to do the mechanics or your party will wipe instantly, very welcome after steamrolling the story. Nothig particularly wild, but coordinating with your three randos to pick up buffs in order and without overlap feels very satisfying when you get it down and beat the boss. Randoms using up all three carts, then dying once more and voting to end the raid from the floor makes guardian raids frustrating though.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
I am just waiting for one our guilds to open up on the west.

Gunlancer is the perfect class for me since I'm lazy AF, I can mostly just stand in poo poo and not care. After BDO this games upgrade system is actually pretty decent but it does slow down. I see it more of a side game than something you would focus your full attention on or as much attention as a game should really have :)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I absolutely despise the keybinding limitations in this game. I've been playing wow for 15 years hitting 1 for healing potions, not F1 (among other things). Not being able to use shift. Not being able to rebind G to something sensible and H which has been my mount key forever. I'm actively having less fun and getting frustrated because I'm constantly fighting muscle memory.

Venting over.

e: unrelated, it there any terrible drawback to switching mains after 50?

Seriously get yourself a hand keypad / mouse with buttons. I had been using a g13 for years and if they still made them I would still buy a new one every so often (Up until recently I was using a red dragon monstrosity and now I'm using a razer one), its just convenient for MMOs to just be able to mitigate whatever bullshit the games designer throws at you.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

bagrada posted:

Anecdotally (I'm still in the 20s) the higher you get into the gear treadmill the more annoying and grindy it is to switch mains. I assume they'll do catchup systems later but its like if you had to gear up through vanilla and burning crusade in order to be able to play through wrath of the lich king.

There’s a catchup like system right know: knowledge transfer. If you get the ilvl reqs and complete the quests in each new continent, you can boost characters to those high ilvls.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

bagrada posted:

There are 3 tiers of endgame gear and you can really easily switch main at the breaks between them. If you get your berserker in full T1 +15 gear and just start farming T2 raids, you could get a set of +0 T2 berserker gear to upgrade to or you could just as easily farm a set of T2 deathblade gear and swap classes. You still need new accessories and possibly a new ability stone for the different class's engravings though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Absolutely gutted, the spanish voice acting is by Spainards

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are 3 tiers of endgame gear and you can really easily switch main at the breaks between them. If you get your berserker in full T1 +15 gear and just start farming T2 raids, you could get a set of +0 T2 berserker gear to upgrade to or you could just as easily farm a set of T2 deathblade gear and swap classes. You still need new accessories and possibly a new ability stone for the different class's engravings though.

How do you farm gear for other classes? I only ever see my own class gear drop in chaos

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I believe you get mats for crafting gear sets from farming the ilvl-gated abyss dungeons, and those mats are class-agnostic.
The tier 1 dungeons give ilvl 302 sets which are the same as what you get straight outta the shushire main quest / knowledge transfer machine / powerboost on a fresh alt.
But the tier 2 abyss dungeon sets are ilvl 802 at +0, meaning if you can farm those on your main you can skip right to t2 on any alt.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 16, 2022

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I believe you get mats for crafting gear sets from farming the ilvl-gated abyss dungeons, and those mats are class-agnostic.
The tier 1 dungeons give ilvl 302 sets which are the same as what you get straight outta the shushire main quest / knowledge transfer machine / powerboost on a fresh alt.
But the tier 2 abyss dungeon sets are ilvl 802 at +0, meaning if you can farm those on your main you can skip right to t2 on any alt.

I don't think you can put those mats into your roster storage, I didn't try, but I've never heard anyone mention being able to do that.

The reason people recommend swapping right when you get a new tier is because your stronghold gets a thing you can research to make the previous tier easier to hone. You can then use that to rush your alt up through that tier and into the current one, and then start from there. Also most people are gated while pushing ilvl by shards, which are bound to the character that farms them. This means if your alt has been farming, say, T1 and funneling the unbound mats to your main, they will have a huge stockpile of bound mats saved up that you can use to rush them through the tier.

Knowledge transfer after the first one doesn't give an ilvl boost it just lets you skip the story quests like rohendel.

ETA: I looked up the mats in the codex and they say untradeable, so I doubt that'd work. Possible you could buy blue gear off the AH once you're past the story level, but most purchases are ilvl gated so if you're trying to go from T1->T2, you need to be ilvl 600 to get the ilvl 802 gear, and again no one has mentioned that as a possible way so I'm sure it doesn't work.

M. Night Skymall fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 16, 2022

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
still amazed there's no japanese VO, that's usually the gold standard in most games (in my opinion). I'm sure the korean one is basically fine too, I'm just not used to korean at all

Thinking I might boost an artillerist after I get a powerpass, they look fun at higher levels once you get to the cool stuff. Wish they were bulkier, though, I want to be a huge slab of beef like my gunlancer.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I got the hover board mount twitch drop but it says it's a character bound item and idk which char I want it on yet... how long can I keep it in my mailbox?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

d0grent posted:

I got the hover board mount twitch drop but it says it's a character bound item and idk which char I want it on yet... how long can I keep it in my mailbox?

The item you use is bound to a character, but once you use it it goes to pet storage, which is shared between characters (on the same server?).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey these islands are pretty fun and varied! I liked the arena gimmick on the one and that boss fight on the giant ethereal yin-yang was pretty sick.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Internet Explorer posted:

The item you use is bound to a character, but once you use it it goes to pet storage, which is shared between characters (on the same server?).

Wait so mounts aren't character specific? I don't really care about the twitch hoverboard but this may change my cash shop opinion

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

Wait so mounts aren't character specific? I don't really care about the twitch hoverboard but this may change my cash shop opinion

Mounts and pets are roster wide, ship skins as well.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Why the gently caress was this game still running in the background for hours after I quit it?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Ag0at/status/1493769522314022915

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Did the servers crap out? I tried logging into Una but after taking a minute or so I got an error and the game closed. I tried logging back in and got an error message saying my account was already logged in. Both the Steam and official forums have other player encountering this as well.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MH Knights posted:

Did the servers crap out? I tried logging into Una but after taking a minute or so I got an error and the game closed. I tried logging back in and got an error message saying my account was already logged in. Both the Steam and official forums have other player encountering this as well.

Yeah it’s kinda hosed at the moment. Works if you’re patient mostly but I wouldn’t attempt matchmaking

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

MH Knights posted:

Una been making GBS threads the bed for like an hour. Current working theory is that "Babe?" spam has brought the server to its knees.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
:rip: una, my sweet babe :cry:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Regulus has been hiccuping as well so I don't think it's just one server.
Twice in a row the server just stopped responding and the game forever on a loading screen. (It happened to my friends at the exact same time.) Aft er the second I just assumed the servers were hosed and didn't try to boot the game again so IDK if it's still going on.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not really, no. Best to switch right away(before you toss too many honing / upgrading mats into your gear) or wait until you push into the next tier ie Yorn and iLevel 600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDSWCSX8nCY

Has a good breakdown. Also explains how the stronghold powerleveling works.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 16, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish I could do the thing that Path of Exile did: let you turn a piece of normal equipment into a cosmetic skin.

Like bad

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So how do the twitch drops work? Can the streamers switch back to lower tier drops or are they just gone?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

There's a slight advantage to it right now. If you switch as soon as powerpass is available your power passed alts will have more quest progression than your main. By like 10 minutes or something, ok, so not an actual advantage.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

super sweet best pal posted:

So how do the twitch drops work? Can the streamers switch back to lower tier drops or are they just gone?
I would like to know this as well, I think I missed the Tier 1 chest but streamers all seem to be on Tier 3/4 or don't indicate what their drop is

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

I would like to know this as well, I think I missed the Tier 1 chest but streamers all seem to be on Tier 3/4 or don't indicate what their drop is

I heard that they're going to go back and do all the drops again if you missed any, but I don't think it's 100% clear how it'll work yet.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I'm done with the Shushire quests and got my set of 302 gear. Chaos dungeons and raids and honing are straightforward enough, but what I still have no clue about is islands. What exactly is "doing islands" supposed to mean? Just sail around to anything I can land on? Are there specific islands I should be going to? The couple of islands I've randomly chosen so far have had quests on them but didn't do anything toward improving my gear (unless I can turn pirate coins into honing mats somewhere).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Baps posted:

I'm done with the Shushire quests and got my set of 302 gear. Chaos dungeons and raids and honing are straightforward enough, but what I still have no clue about is islands. What exactly is "doing islands" supposed to mean? Just sail around to anything I can land on? Are there specific islands I should be going to? The couple of islands I've randomly chosen so far have had quests on them but didn't do anything toward improving my gear (unless I can turn pirate coins into honing mats somewhere).

Here's a guide for you to follow. But yes doing islands is just landing on them and doing whatever quest is there.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Mr. Baps posted:

You should find a list of islands to do. Here's a list of the fastest island tokens. You want 20 because it gives you 6 skill points once you've collected 20, but that's a long term goal. There're also guides for post 50 and speed running to tier 3 that list all the islands with mats for honing in T1/T2 on that maxroll. You can also look at the welcome challenge in the collectibles tab, and it has a list of islands to do, all those islands give good rewards, but it doesn't have all the good islands for T1 mats. There are also islands with una tasks on them that give you rewards after X completions of the una daily, so you can unlock the una dailies on those and start working on them if you want.

Sailing around at random is probably not going to be a great time, but also almost every island is useful in some way.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Alright, thanks :)

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Second part of the first Abyssal Dungeon was trickier than I expected! There is a ton of content in this game, haha, maybe I should head to Shushire with the weekly stuff mostly out of the way.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

About to hit 46. Is there any "do this before 50 or else" items I need to get on before this final push?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

96 spacejam posted:

About to hit 46. Is there any "do this before 50 or else" items I need to get on before this final push?

nope

mottbag
Nov 11, 2009
Havn't had this much fun in an mmo since the 2004 launch of wow. The p2w stuff doesn't bother me that much, I think some people are overreacting a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Personally I actually really enjoy sailing around at random and seeing what new weirdness is on each island, but I understand it's not for everyone.