Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What was the LA market rating

They didn’t make the top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Clearly the NFL needs a Chargers/Rams Super Bowl.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Clearly the NFL needs a Chargers/Rams Super Bowl.

Cowboys / Patriots

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Cincinnati — 46.1/84
Detroit — 45.9/79
Pittsburgh — 45.6/74
Columbus — 45.4/80
Kansas City — 44.6/76
Milwaukee — 44.0/75
Cleveland — 44.0/78
Boston — 42.6/74
Philadelphia — 42.3/71
Jacksonville — 41.3/73

Los Angeles — 36.7/77

I work remotely for an LA based company and I was the only one in my 8 person team who watched the Super Bowl. I'm in Seattle.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It was like 85 degrees in LA on Sunday. Beach day.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a neat cape posted:

It was like 85 degrees in LA on Sunday. Beach day.

I like the mid day west coast Super Bowls but the time can't help too

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It's not like the Raiders were playing, let's be fair

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The nfl being so horny for the LA marketshare always makes me think of college conferences taking in North east schools lime rutgers, Boston college, etc thinking that'll break them into the north east/new York market and jokes on them there is no market to be had. The north east doesn't care about college football, at all.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Getting 36.7% of LA is probably more people than 46.1% of Cinci in absolute numbers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

HappyHippo posted:

Getting 36.7% of LA is probably more people than 46.1% of Cinci in absolute numbers.

'probably' lol. no doubt whatsoever about that one.

although I'm not sure that's how you read those ratings numbers, like what is the second number?

either way, according to reports it was the most-watched super bowl in five years. not quite as record-breaking as I kind of expected but pretty drat good still

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

Play posted:

'probably' lol. no doubt whatsoever about that one.

although I'm not sure that's how you read those ratings numbers, like what is the second number?

The first number, the rating, is the fraction of households watching broadcast x. The second, the share, is the fraction of households with a tv on that were watching broadcast x. Share is always higher than rating. Especially for things like super bowls where people get together to watch them.

go for a stroll fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 15, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

go for a stroll posted:

The first number, the rating, is the fraction of households watching broadcast x. The second, the share, is the fraction of households with a tv on that were watching broadcast x. Share is always higher than rating. Especially for things like super bowls where people get together to watch them.

So if you went by share alone LA would be in fifth, not bad. And share seems to make more sense as a rating because it's basically how well did the program compete against people that were actually watching TV at all.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Pretty good for two no-name quarterbacks

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Didn’t the rating in LA go down in 2022 compared to 2019?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

King Hong Kong posted:

Didn’t the rating in LA go down in 2022 compared to 2019?

patriots weren't in it this time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Of course it is but no one has ever measured ratings this way.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

of course they do, advertisers care about the total number of eyeballs seeing a commercial, which is why people always speculate about leagues rigging things in favor of large markets

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Of course it is but no one has ever measured ratings this way.

Yes but the NFL cares about total viewership for the purposes of selling ads, so it's not exactly a failure as far as they're concerned to only get that share in such a large market. Of course I'm sure they'd like even more.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ok, a better point to figure out then. Was this super bowl played in LA featuring an LA team measurably more watched than any other Super Bowl within the LA market?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's still crazy to me and apparently only me how that last desperation throw for Burrow while being spun around and dragged to the ground by a monster almost worked for a first down.

For a given version of almost at least, like it had no business even going in sort of the right direction.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

It's still crazy to me and apparently only me how that last desperation throw for Burrow while being spun around and dragged to the ground by a monster almost worked for a first down.

For a given version of almost at least, like it had no business even going in sort of the right direction.

for a fraction of a second I thought the nearby guy would catch it too

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m not sure what the “b-b-but the market share!” stuff is supposed to signify, really. Kroenke got his stadium and another ring, and the NFL got to go all-in on associating the glitz and glam of Hollywood with their brand. I doubt either of them are fretting about only pulling 36% of Angelenos.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I’m not sure what the “b-b-but the market share!” stuff is supposed to signify, really. Kroenke got his stadium and another ring, and the NFL got to go all-in on associating the glitz and glam of Hollywood with their brand. I doubt either of them are fretting about only pulling 36% of Angelenos.

This is a league that stresses the gently caress out over getting only most of the money instead of all of the money so yes they care.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Whatever you say I guess. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think the NFL saw this as anything but a win and it seems more like some weird complex where you want to see the NFL lose out big on the move to LA, but maybe Goodell is actually sweating bullets about this and it’s all about to collapse. :shrug:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

And for the record gently caress both Stan Kroenke and the NFL

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It’s funny that the NFL isn’t as successful as it almost certainly has hoped.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Was there any news on Burrow’s injury?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

He died of a broken heart

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

He still lives in Ohio.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Reports on NFL Network are that he won’t need surgery.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Burrow cannot fail, he can only be failed.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grittybeard posted:

I bet Joe Mixon would have been able to make a play on it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don’t disagree at all with the approach on 2nd and 3rd down but I can’t for the life of me understand why the 4th down call was a straight up drop back pass.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Just like the 2011 Super Bowl where Brady clearly injured his non throwing shoulder and was not quite himself the rest of the game Burrow hurt his knee and while not bad enough to take him out of the game hosed him enough to limit that last drive.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Burrow cannot fail, he can only be failed.

Specifically by his O line.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Just like the 2011 Super Bowl where Brady clearly injured his non throwing shoulder and was not quite himself the rest of the game Burrow hurt his knee and while not bad enough to take him out of the game hosed him enough to limit that last drive.

Christ I thought I was the only person on earth to remember that this happened. Brady started the game 20/23 199 yards and 2 TDs 0 INTs. Then took a bad sack and the offense didn’t score another point.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t disagree at all with the approach on 2nd and 3rd down but I can’t for the life of me understand why the 4th down call was a straight up drop back pass.

It was a shotgun pass.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Christ I thought I was the only person on earth to remember that this happened. Brady started the game 20/23 199 yards and 2 TDs 0 INTs. Then took a bad sack and the offense didn’t score another point.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/16/brady-played-down-the-stretch-in-2011-with-separated-left-shoulder/

Apparently he injured it week 16 then Tuck crunched him in the Super Bowl and that was that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It was a shotgun pass.

Oh you’re right. Well that’s even dumber unless there was a QB draw as an option that simply got blown up by the Rams d-line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh you’re right. Well that’s even dumber unless there was a QB draw as an option that simply got blown up by the Rams d-line.

Burrow’s leg was hosed up.