Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Well, I followed the advice of someone in this thread and bought a Vizio soundbar. Love it! No more watching stuff on my $350 tv with lovely speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the deal with the Jackass movies when it comes to physical media? I know the first couple were filmed on video so UHDs probably wouldn't make sense (though 3 on UHD would be amazing, and Forever would too), but I'm looking for a Blu-Ray collection to buy because I assumed there would be one and that it would be cheap, but it doesn't look like there is one.

The movies are available to rent individually on Amazon, and I know they're streaming on Paramount+, but it doesn't even seem like they're available to buy individually on Blu-Ray. Did they not come out on the format?

There's a complete TV and movie collection on DVD for $18.99 that I will probably buy if that's my only option.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Casimir Radon posted:

Has there been any word on fixing the audio in that The Road Warrior UHD?

Yeah. The rereleased desk will be in stores within a couple weeks, same time frame if you contact Warner to get your first one replaced. New UPC is 883929789993 . The rerelease date was technically February 1st but some shipments are delayed

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The first two movies and the series are DVD-only w HD streams for the movies available via HBO or other services. 3 and 3.5 have Blu-ray’s. I expect Forever will be only BD :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boywhiz88 posted:

The first two movies and the series are DVD-only w HD streams for the movies available via HBO or other services. 3 and 3.5 have Blu-ray’s. I expect Forever will be only BD :(
drat. 3.5 on Blu-Ray seems like the only one I can get in my region for cheap, so I just ordered that complete TV & movie DVD collection. It says it'll arrive in...2 weeks? :negative:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Big Bizness posted:

Yeah. The rereleased desk will be in stores within a couple weeks, same time frame if you contact Warner to get your first one replaced. New UPC is 883929789993 . The rerelease date was technically February 1st but some shipments are delayed
Thanks. I’ll just hold off for a few weeks then.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rageaholic posted:

drat. 3.5 on Blu-Ray seems like the only one I can get in my region for cheap, so I just ordered that complete TV & movie DVD collection. It says it'll arrive in...2 weeks? :negative:

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on Blu-rays for the entire thing but I don't know if there's really any point since there wouldn't be much of an uptick in quality (the exceptions being 3 and Bad Grandpa, if we're counting that movie). I got that DVD box set plus picked up 3 on Blu. Not bothering with BG since it's probably my least favorite.

Side note: watching the show feels almost quaint. The stunts are pretty tame

edit; now that I think about it, I don't know what the first two movies were shot on. The openings of both movies feel grainy and cinematic in my memory but I don't really know.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I would guess a combination a lot of digital tape and maybe the occasional film camera for something like the v produced parts such as the intros.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is there anywheres to stream the series?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Hippo posted:

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on Blu-rays for the entire thing but I don't know if there's really any point since there wouldn't be much of an uptick in quality (the exceptions being 3 and Bad Grandpa, if we're counting that movie). I got that DVD box set plus picked up 3 on Blu. Not bothering with BG since it's probably my least favorite.

Side note: watching the show feels almost quaint. The stunts are pretty tame

edit; now that I think about it, I don't know what the first two movies were shot on. The openings of both movies feel grainy and cinematic in my memory but I don't really know.
I haven't seen the show in years. I'm excited to revisit it!

Also, I enjoyed Bad Grandpa when I saw it in theaters but I don't think I ever rewatched it. It wasn't as good as the main movies, but those set such a high bar. BG is the only Oscar nominated Jackass movie, though! :eng101:

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Is there anywheres to stream the series?
It's on Paramount+, right? At least, that's what JustWatch says.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Name112a7/status/1492531922030907393?t=7o103zkgaQAqpPkXv86POw&s=19

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

This doesn't fit. Walter White is a talented perfectionist who made absolutely sure he was producing the best product possible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CPL593H posted:

This doesn't fit. Walter White is a talented perfectionist who made absolutely sure he was producing the best product possible.

yes the joke is that the artists dedicate the same amount of effort and pride into producing something bad.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Like it says in Achewood, "you folded with a focus and intensity normally only seen in successes"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I fear our overwhelming response to the Heavy Metal UHD killed Ivan Reitman.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boywhiz88 posted:

I fear our overwhelming response to the Heavy Metal UHD killed Ivan Reitman.

Goddammit, this is how I find out?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I still have the UHD of Stripes from the Columbia set which I haven't watched yet so tonight is the perfect time.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I just saw that Arrow has recently released a 4K of True Romance in the UK. Anyone have any idea if it'll be in the US soon..?

And while I'm asking questions about 4K releases, why in the world have guys like Tarantino and Paul Thomas Anderson, with absolutely stacked filmographies of movies shot on film, not been releasing more of their stuff in 4K? We got Phantom Thread and a legendarily lovely Inglourious Basterds transfer, Once Upon A Time... and probably Licorice Pizza soon and that's it. Seems like a series of glaring omissions.

edit; "legendarily lovely" is a bad way to put it. I haven't seen it so I'm basing that on a few reviews I watched for it. I'd assumed that this was a universally held opinion

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 14, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

IB has a bad transfer? I hadn't read anything.

Yeah, I'd die for a UHD Boogie Nights or especially There Will be Blood.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I have zero issues with that Inglorious release. I thought it looked quite good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Howling UHD looks fantastic, although I don't own the previous blu ray for comparison to give an opinion on if it's worth double-dipping. But this is certainly a massive upgrade over the streaming version I've seen in the past.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My copy of Looper UHD just arrived. Need to finish up work so I can watch it.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/Lauzirika/status/1493748411522326530?t=Fr8APDCPhZ5HzDGn9hZ-2Q&s=19

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's completely absurd, the line is one of the memorable moments in the film. Criterion better at least address this in some way, they owe people an explanation for why that was done.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yeah that's a very odd omission.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sounds like something the Coens might've done themselves, they did something similar with Blood Simple back in the day (edit: lol i didn't click thru to the full image that says exactly this). That said, kinda glad I found out now, I have the old blu ray but was considering upgrading to the Criterion one during the next sale.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 16, 2022

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Comparing the caps on capsaholic, there's no reason to even buy the Criterion of Miller's Crossing. It's the same exact transfer.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea after reading the full tweet evidence does point to the Coens making the decision. Doesn't change the fact that Criterion owes customers some sort of explanation as to why it was cut.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
It says right there that the Coens made the cut

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

It says right there that the Coens made the cut

It says that the info came from an "email that was shared online". They really should make some sort of statement available on the website about it or something because cutting out lines is a pretty big issue that people want to know about before buying. It should've been called a director's cut.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The regular non-Criterion edition is also readily available for under $10 on eBay for anyone interested.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've said it before, but I love this new trend of director's making the Criterion version of their movies slightly worse on purpose for no reason after the other versions of their movies have gone out of print. It kicks rear end. Yet another way George Lucas was a trailblazer.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Rageaholic posted:

the Complete TV & Movie collection is easily one of the best ways to have the entire set in one place. the first movie was shot on DVCAM for a lot of skits and HD releases can only apply so much lipstick to that pig. same goes for a lot of the TV series, especially the clips pulled from the earlier CKY films. the quality improves drastically once you get to Jackass 2 and up, but still looks pretty good on DVD

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Basebf555 posted:

It says that the info came from an "email that was shared online". They really should make some sort of statement available on the website about it or something because cutting out lines is a pretty big issue that people want to know about before buying. It should've been called a director's cut.

Yeah absolutely, just that it does say why and people were asking. The real funny part is I took a few minutes to go to Twitter and read everything before replying, and by that time several replies had been made pointing out the same thing.

dorium posted:

The regular non-Criterion edition is also readily available for under $10 on eBay for anyone interested.

I just finally pulled the trigger on that four movie Coen brothers box set (+Blood Simple, Fargo, Raising Arizona) tonight for $20. Cheapest title I've bought this year

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I already owned the other three, but never owned Millers Crossing. That is a nice lookin boxset though...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Say those seven words that make my heart all aflutter

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gripweed posted:

Say those seven words that make my heart all aflutter

Obligatory "what girls think guys want/want they actually want" image.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

i’m a bit peeved at SRS since my Truth Or Dare bluray (BD-R) has a fault that freezes it up toward the end of the film on all my players, and i got no reply when reaching out for a replacement. if i could at least rip it to an MKV it’d be one thing, but yeah

also jesus christ that’s way too many SOV horror trailers before the film

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

barnold posted:

the Complete TV & Movie collection is easily one of the best ways to have the entire set in one place. the first movie was shot on DVCAM for a lot of skits and HD releases can only apply so much lipstick to that pig. same goes for a lot of the TV series, especially the clips pulled from the earlier CKY films. the quality improves drastically once you get to Jackass 2 and up, but still looks pretty good on DVD
Hell yeah, that's good to hear! I can't wait to get it and laugh my rear end off all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Brexit the Frog posted:

i’m a bit peeved at SRS since my Truth Or Dare bluray (BD-R) has a fault that freezes it up toward the end of the film on all my players, and i got no reply when reaching out for a replacement. if i could at least rip it to an MKV it’d be one thing, but yeah

also jesus christ that’s way too many SOV horror trailers before the film

Ron is usually pretty active on facebook, you might get a better response contacting him through the SRS facebook page