Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Waffle House posted:

The observation I made here has incredibly long odds, just because again, the Afghanis are only recently emboldened and I feel they would be most likely to spearhead aggressively, but any time I see someone engage in flat denialism and scold with, "WESTERN MEDIA," you just sound like every other State Run Media talking head for the past *checks watch* several decades. It's nothing personal, it's just like...yeah I dunno you sound like literally every other hyperpower who covers their asses, my own country of residence included. :v:

so your response to being told that we dont believe uyghurs are being genocided because no evidence is being presented isnt to present us with evidence that would change our minds but to say that we are being unreasonably close minded for not just taking the western media at its word that evidence exists

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

the waffle house index should be changed from an indicator of the severity of natural disasters to an indicator of the severity of any given post's badness

Time to declare cspam a disaster zone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

hell is just people saying dumb poo poo on the internet and you accidentally reading it, isn't it?

pissinthewind has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Feb 16, 2022

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Some Guy TT posted:

so your response to being told that we dont believe ughyurs are being genocided because no evidence is being presented isnt to present us with evidence that would change our minds but to say that we are being unreasonably close minded for not just taking the western media at its word that evidence exists

No, we are posting on a very dweebish internet forum full of loudmouths, there is zero reason to take anything posted as divine truth especially at face value

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

by my logic china and russia should have invaded the us for doing iraq and that would be a good thing
change my mind meme

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well, it's war time, where's my war????

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Once the Russians acquire enough ore to purchase a few more Mammoth Tanks, things will kick off in earnest.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

i cant tell whether or not you believe the ughyurs are genocided because this post is so fantastically vague about anything chinas actually doing it could be interpreted either way

Uighurs aren't caucasian.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

pissinthewind posted:

hell is just people saying dumb poo poo on the internet and you accidentally reading it, isn't it?

You're probably going to be told to edit this, but before that happens I would like to say I am offended that anyone would choose to link to d&d in the first place.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

sexpig by night posted:

Well, it's war time, where's my war????

seriously, it's Wednesday, this is like being stood up on Tinder

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Lostconfused posted:

You're probably going to be told to edit this, but before that happens I would like to say I am offended that anyone would choose to link to d&d in the first place.

:ninja:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you're going to accuse us of genocide denialism on behalf of people you think are the victims, you should at least know what kind of people they are.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

golly i wonder who got you that weirdly specific avatar

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
they didn't say which wednesday! oh those russians!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

They meant the 16th on the Gregorian calendar

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BULBASAUR posted:

aw gently caress they're doing it on Orthodox Wednesday!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:argh: no jokes about My Dudes

Some Guy TT posted:

golly i wonder who got you that weirdly specific avatar

Seriously, that's an amazing post and avatar combination.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffle House posted:

deranged condescending nonsense

OK gently caress you you stupid oval office, I explained myself to you and you dismiss it completely with no supporting evidence whatsoever. gently caress off you deadshit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

very disappointed in you pener kropoopkin i had no idea you were an apologist for american crimes against humanity in the korean war

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There's a lot you don't know about me :ninja:

e: rating this thread a 3 is false advertising. Easily the best thread in cspam right now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

veteran of the finno-korean hyperwar

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's a lot you don't know about me :ninja:

e: rating this thread a 3 is false advertising. Easily the best thread in cspam right now.

there are, frankly, too many posts (i will stop making them)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

there are, frankly, too many posts (i will stop making them)

I will continue the posting fight

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The real lesson here is to not engage with trump thread posters.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Waffle House posted:

I did mean the recent protests; I do not live there, so as far as I can tell this is a media-side battle, but if there remains friction at all, that means that it's not 100% solid, so there's probably still something unresolved.

This does not concern me because at this point that's been internal China politics for a while, but I do hate to see any population upset or feel betrayed, as no matter where you lie on any opinion spectrum, if you see conflict of any kind, some poo poo is probably going down.

Any ability to try and influence HK as a region to stir unrest has been utterly eviscerated. Its just not possible anymore given the tightening of political control and increased scrutiny, you'd have to be a complete idiot to let someone from the US state department try to influence you to stir some poo poo, the type of idiot that will get easily caught. It also happened right before the US own political unrest, and contrasting both responses it becomes obvious that the angloshpere cannot claim moral superiority.

Also I have no idea whats going on with your Uyghur section but let me just say that there is a particular reason why it appears that the "crackdown" severely decreased after the US was expelled from Afghanistan. There were literal CIA blacksites near the borders and I dont think they were just doing enhanced interrogation in them. And there was a massive purge of collaborators during the final stages of the US involvement in the region which I guess helped.

Now look at what the US is doing with afghanistan after it was expelled, basically forcing it out of the western banking system and sanctioning to hell so they cant feed the people. Yes, a lot of this is punitive, but there is a more practical sociopathic reason to be doing this, it helps foment instability that we can exploit later. Now look at the Xinjiang region, what are we doing with all the calls about genocide from a practical standpoint? The US wants countries to stop dealing with them. The US knows they can longer influence other countries to stop trading with China in general, but if they can stop or slow down the economic development of a potential hotspot region that can be exploited then they are AOK. Decreasing poverty usually leads to happier people, and happier people are less likely to become willing/unwitting pawns of some other countries state department.

The US tried to do the same decades ago with Tibbet and failed miserably. Now its too late, Tibets is economy has improved incredibly, the addition of railways increased tourism and the recently constructed high speed railway will usher them into a new era. The people have no need for the dalai lama's magical feces anymore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

tldr FAAAART

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ukraine has switched to a hard count, in an attempt to draw the Russians offsides

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

I will continue the posting fight

Thank you

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

thatfatkid posted:

fun fact for you wafflehouse, the uyghur genocide is completely confected by western media bullshit.

You are a literal loving idiot

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Any ability to try and influence HK as a region to stir unrest has been utterly eviscerated. Its just not possible anymore given the tightening of political control and increased scrutiny, you'd have to be a complete idiot to let someone from the US state department try to influence you to stir some poo poo, the type of idiot that will get easily caught. It also happened right before the US own political unrest, and contrasting both responses it becomes obvious that the angloshpere cannot claim moral superiority.

Also I have no idea whats going on with your Uyghur section but let me just say that there is a particular reason why it appears that the "crackdown" severely decreased after the US was expelled from Afghanistan. There were literal CIA blacksites near the borders and I dont think they were just doing enhanced interrogation in them. And there was a massive purge of collaborators during the final stages of the US involvement in the region which I guess helped.

Now look at what the US is doing with afghanistan after it was expelled, basically forcing it out of the western banking system and sanctioning to hell so they cant feed the people. Yes, a lot of this is punitive, but there is a more practical sociopathic reason to be doing this, it helps foment instability that we can exploit later. Now look at the Xinjiang region, what are we doing with all the calls about genocide from a practical standpoint? The US wants countries to stop dealing with them. The US knows they can longer influence other countries to stop trading with China in general, but if they can stop or slow down the economic development of a potential hotspot region that can be exploited then they are AOK. Decreasing poverty usually leads to happier people, and happier people are less likely to become willing/unwitting pawns of some other countries state department.

The US tried to do the same decades ago with Tibbet and failed miserably. Now its too late, Tibets is economy has improved incredibly, the addition of railways increased tourism and the recently constructed high speed railway will usher them into a new era. The people have no need for the dalai lama's magical feces anymore.

Yeah that is a lot of fart, idk, I see what you're saying there. Like I said my post is extremely distant speculation, but Islam did spread that far, although I have no idea what armed conflict in that region would look like. Like imagine Azerbijan getting involved lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taco Duck posted:

He's right, so what does that make you?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Taco Duck posted:

what a convincing argument, you've totally convinced me to change my opinion on a topic I've followed for years. check my post history in this very thread if you actually want to see the truth on the issue.

or just gently caress off you liberal dickhead

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

thatfatkid posted:

what a convincing argument, you've totally convinced me to change my opinion on a topic I've followed for years. check my post history in this very thread if you actually want to see the truth on the issue.

or just gently caress off you liberal dickhead

I did, your post history loving sucks

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
oh no the liberal doesn't like me :'(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Taco Duck posted:

https://twitter.com/shack_diesel/status/1493706054751834112?cxt=HHwWgMCqhcXv2ropAAAA

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Taco Duck posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy