Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Bee posted:

Its big.

Just like your cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arivia posted:

Just like your cock.

#justpostiveposts :shobon:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/hell-on-the-high-plains-a-deadlands-booster-campaign

A Midwest/High Plains campaign book for Deadlands.

Cool and all, but drat it, when am I getting the updated Hell on Earth setting?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
So was PEGINC's internal backing program a failure? Are they just experimenting? Why this on Kickstarter when other Savage Worlds stuff is on PEGINC's site only?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

CitizenKeen posted:

So was PEGINC's internal backing program a failure? Are they just experimenting? Why this on Kickstarter when other Savage Worlds stuff is on PEGINC's site only?

I think it being on kickstarter speaks for itself.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

As requested, I created a thread for Mutants in the Now for discussion. It'll be a one-stop shop to talk about my funny animal game.

Also, physical copies were picked up for distribution by Indie Press Revolution, so if you're looking to pick up a paper copy, you can find it there!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Ok so I launched my duck miniature campaign... and it was fully funded in four hours! Wooo!

That's just a lot better than I hoped. I was very confident that I would get funded eventually, but not so fast. Feels great. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/farflungfigures/the-silver-feather-adventure-guild

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Ok so I launched my duck miniature campaign... and it was fully funded in four hours! Wooo!

That's just a lot better than I hoped. I was very confident that I would get funded eventually, but not so fast. Feels great. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/farflungfigures/the-silver-feather-adventure-guild

Pledged. Can't promise I'll ever use them for anything game-related but I'll enjoy looking at them if nothing else :v:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Pledged. Can't promise I'll ever use them for anything game-related but I'll enjoy looking at them if nothing else :v:

Whoa, thanks!

One thing that surprised me a lot is just how overwhelmingly most pledges have been for the whole set, instead of just a few ones. It makes my life a lot easier once it comes to pledge fulfilling and production mold designs if this keeps up.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

lilljonas posted:

Well now you have to make a duck faction for Root/Root RPG.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Well now you have to make a duck faction for Root/Root RPG.

I played Root for the first time a few weeks ago, but I love that illustration style. I can totally see myself making a few Root-inspired minis further down the line. :)

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS

lilljonas posted:

Been seeing your project come to life on the forums here, and hitting back on this brings me great joy.

Now, to find a use for all the ducks headed my way!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

lilljonas posted:

I played Root for the first time a few weeks ago, but I love that illustration style. I can totally see myself making a few Root-inspired minis further down the line. :)

https://twitter.com/d20plusmodifier/status/1131263029490774016

here's a starting point!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

PurplPenisEata posted:

Been seeing your project come to life on the forums here, and hitting back on this brings me great joy.

Now, to find a use for all the ducks headed my way!

Thanks! I think more games should have ducks in them, so hopefully this will see more ducks enter the fantasy zeitgeist. :)

Thanks! Johan Egerkrans has also made a lot of great fantasy duck illustrations that I've used as inspiration:

And now my local Root fanatic at the club wants me to sculpt a Root kickstarter after I asked him about it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kingdoms Forlorn: Dragons, Devils and Kings, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdomsforlorn/kingdoms-forlorn-dragons-devils-and-kings?ref=android_project_share

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waiting earnestly for the Tang Garden expansion KS. I’ve been getting ads for it on Facebook since the new year.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Man, you couldn't be more Dark-Souls-with-the-Lothran-filed-off if you tried.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Waiting earnestly for the Tang Garden expansion KS. I’ve been getting ads for it on Facebook since the new year.

This is a try before you buy sort of game. The production doesn’t match the gameplay IMO.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This is unintelligible to me. Just keeps scrolling. After backing Frosthaven, I don't think I can handle another big box like this.
Also no prototype rulebook available yet.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Trying to load this page crashed my browser.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Man, you couldn't be more Dark-Souls-with-the-Lothran-filed-off if you tried.

Well, Dark Souls doesn't do the medieval illustrated manuscript styling thing. But otherwise, yeah, it's a pretty clear (and central) influence. I think it's likely to be a substantially better game than the actual official Dark Souls game though.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

LOOOOOOOOOOOL delivery Jan 2024 for a box that starts at $160 + shipping? "We can't promise that it will make it to retail"? Get hosed.

Also, that bullshit diagram about how much plastic it takes to cast a drat dragon? Give me a break, you didn't have to make a massive miniature to begin with.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Given how hosed shipping is and how long some other campaigns are currently taking that date seems pretty reasonable.

The rest, not so much.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL delivery Jan 2024 for a box that starts at $160 + shipping? "We can't promise that it will make it to retail"? Get hosed.

Also, that bullshit diagram about how much plastic it takes to cast a drat dragon? Give me a break, you didn't have to make a massive miniature to begin with.

It does say november 2023 potentially for the core set, the expansion in 2024.

Shipping is a bit expensive at almost $40! but the base game looks pretty normal as KS go. The solo aspect and the dark souls minis attracts me but IDK just yet.

Seems the shipping is cause it's from poland

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
I'm looking forward to their last Kickstarter, Aeon Trespass, but just reading this one made me loving exhausted.

It feels like they're trying to do KDM style of iterative/successive gameplay for a story telling, but there's just so much :words:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, like...if $160 is too much to pay for a boardgame for you, that's totally fair. It's not that high an ask as this sort of KS campaign game goes, though (it's definitely competing with stuff like Kingdom Death and that game is currently $400 for a base set that doesn't really have that much more to it, if anything probably less.), and basically every cost involved in producing boardgames has gone up significantly over the last few years, especially the last year, which means so are the prices. Sucks, but there you have it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lilljonas posted:

These are cool. And +1 for Root inspired minis next

I really wish their first game was out before they started this campaign. And it does seem pretty expensive but it looks like there is a fair bit of content still to be revealed. I dunno, i'll see what it looks like by the end of the campaign

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

malkav11 posted:

Yeah, like...if $160 is too much to pay for a boardgame for you, that's totally fair. It's not that high an ask as this sort of KS campaign game goes, though (it's definitely competing with stuff like Kingdom Death and that game is currently $400 for a base set that doesn't really have that much more to it, if anything probably less.), and basically every cost involved in producing boardgames has gone up significantly over the last few years, especially the last year, which means so are the prices. Sucks, but there you have it.

Every time I find one of these sorts of games on KS I end up looking into KDM and it almost always makes the former game a lot more appealing if only because it's too hard to figure out how you'd even buy KDM stuff outside of the base game which is $420 for some reason

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I backed Kingdoms Forlorn because it looks like something that would be 100% my poo poo if it ends up being good, and if I decide I don't need it in my life when it comes out I can just flip it.

One gripe: the campaign is launching as Kingdom Forlorn since they're only showing off one location. I get that these big campaigns like to reveal stuff slowly to keep their momentum (and the other Kingdoms might be expansions?), but I wonder if they're hurting themselves by not having a wider variety of themes/locations on day 1.

CODChimera posted:

Every time I find one of these sorts of games on KS I end up looking into KDM and it almost always makes the former game a lot more appealing if only because it's too hard to figure out how you'd even buy KDM stuff outside of the base game which is $420 for some reason

Weird that they don't just go for it and make the price $420.69

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

CODChimera posted:

If you go all in it's 8008$. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

djfooboo posted:

This is a try before you buy sort of game. The production doesn’t match the gameplay IMO.

I’ve got the original game, and I quite like it, so I’m down for more.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve got the original game, and I quite like it, so I’m down for more.

My only pain point is that I printed an insert perfectly fitting everything into the base box... and now they do this, and it can't possibly fit. I really want those better minis, though....

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Shes Not Impressed posted:

This is unintelligible to me. Just keeps scrolling. After backing Frosthaven, I don't think I can handle another big box like this.
Also no prototype rulebook available yet.

They've added a prototype rulebook and there's now a TTS demo. BTW.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

CODChimera posted:

I really wish their first game was out before they started this campaign.

Generally, I agree, but to be fair to them, Aeon Trespass Odyssey is expected to ship March/April (at least the core game) and they originally planned to launch the Kingdom Forlorn KS a year ago or more. This doesn't fall into the dangerous warning signs category IMO.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juniorbendayan/ship-adventure

The game doesn't look particularly interesting, but the $5 tier being a lottery for a copy shipped (free) anywhere in the world, out of a number of $5 copies determined by stretch goals, seems a bit weird. Oh, hang on, I hadn't noticed the €250 gold coins randomly put in the full-price copies.

lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

90s Cringe Rock posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juniorbendayan/ship-adventure

The game doesn't look particularly interesting, but the $5 tier being a lottery for a copy shipped (free) anywhere in the world, out of a number of $5 copies determined by stretch goals, seems a bit weird. Oh, hang on, I hadn't noticed the €250 gold coins randomly put in the full-price copies.

lol

That seems illegal by Kickstarter's T&C?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

gschmidl posted:

it also sounds like the sort of thing that would be regulated by actual laws?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

gschmidl posted:

It is. Can't do lottery style giveaways as tiers. Someone will report them and it'll vanish.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I understand a Kickstarter charging extra shipping to deliver to Hawai'i, but if I'm paying 5 times what the mainland residents are paying, I expect to get it in less than a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

gschmidl posted:

My only pain point is that I printed an insert perfectly fitting everything into the base box... and now they do this, and it can't possibly fit. I really want those better minis, though....

Finally!