Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It's better than Mannequin on the Move.

Edit: really?? That's what I get a page snipe with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mebh posted:

My very elderly mam did randomly nip round and drop a cheeseburger through the letter box and had a chortle from the end of the drive about dropping groceries off for us vulnerable young folk which made me laugh.

Absolute mam power move, I love it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

perfectly constructed pop song

Congratulations on accurately describing the problem with the song and also the film. Mannequin was one of the very first films made specifically on the basis of market research and audience testing - neither were new of course, but Mannequin literally *started* with the producer saying "Well girls 13-18 are under-represented in the audiences, we need to ensure that they want to watch this film" and cast the male lead purely on the fact that he'd scored high in audience testing with that demographic. He rides a motorbike to appeal to men 18-30, etc etc. It may not be patient zero but it's definitely a very early superspreader of the contagion that leads to Marvel movies.

The song likewise is Lego pop, painstakingly assembled from components known to be popular to the same demographics and with that fuckawful cocaine sheen upper-midrange boost that made every 80s pop song sound like it was coming out of a cheap transistor radio.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Will be interesting to see how the journos treat the Queen's platinum jubbly now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't imagine they would be critical, wouldn't be decorous.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

StarkingBarfish posted:

Will be interesting to see how the journos treat the Queen's platinum jubbly now

Due to a lack of funds, the jubilee will have to be downgraded to Gold from Platinum.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It does at least mean I've actually found a reason to be excited for the queen's jubilee. Or excited for it to be over, which is close enough

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I reckon Crossrail renaming itself the Elizabeth Line is the only thing keeping her alive now, she just wants to check off "only reigning monarch to have a major London transit route named for them" before shuffling off. This might actually explain the almost comical amount of delay in getting the fucker opened, some footman has been sneaking in every night and moving all the tools around.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Mebh posted:

I apologise too. I'm grumpy as my partner got covid somehow despite me doing all the shopping and going out to do all housey stuff... She gets covid and I'm entirely fine somehow. Meaning i must have gotten it, been asymptomatic and given it to her.

I have had proper full on alice in wonderland aura migraines every other day and massive photosensitivity for the last two weeks tho. Unlikely to be related i guess.

My very elderly mam did randomly nip round and drop a cheeseburger through the letter box and had a chortle from the end of the drive about dropping groceries off for us vulnerable young folk which made me laugh.

Sounds tough, my friend. No apologies necessary. PMs open if you need to sound off/vent.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So can people get done for libel or whatever the correct term is now if they go on Twitter and call Andrew a paedo?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1493750096428687361

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So can people get done for libel or whatever the correct term is now if they go on Twitter and call Andrew a paedo?

Lol hearing Jess flips on radio just now backtracking quickly to make sure she says he isn't guilty in a court of law I'm guessing yeah you can.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Since he hasn't been convicted, he's not guilty of anything. He just LOOKS guilty, which is a difference.

I think this headline by the Star is on the right side of the line.

https://twitter.com/dailystar/status/1493723507288588289?s=20&t=mSV-9NfM3gnLWIv80oFv_g

Mebh
May 10, 2010

To top it all off I got the RHI gardening guide for Christmas. It had a great section on horse manure being an amazing fertiliser to use in feb. This morning in a gale... My greenhouse blew down and disintegrated.

This created what can only be described as a manure tornado in my back garden.

Ever just open the curtains, then close them and go bavk to bed? That's today.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mebh posted:

To top it all off I got the RHI gardening guide for Christmas. It had a great section on horse manure being an amazing fertiliser to use in feb. This morning in a gale... My greenhouse blew down and disintegrated.

Sounds like a shitstorm.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Question IRL posted:

Since he hasn't been convicted, he's not guilty of anything. He just LOOKS guilty, which is a difference.

https://twitter.com/dailystar/status/1493723507288588289?s=20&t=mSV-9NfM3gnLWIv80oFv_g

Oof. That headline is savage (in a good way). He hasn’t been convicted so to call him a nonce would be libel.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
lol at "lets hope this hasn't aged badly this morning"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4V5VNf_cE&t=22s

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/notDcfcBoss/status/1493715508000083969

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

:five:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mebh posted:

Ever just open the curtains, then close them and go bavk to bed? That's today.

Now that's what I call shitposting

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

The Question IRL posted:

Haha god drat

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Normal Island at it again
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1493901861790883841

Also considered this may have been MI5 doing a Diana attempt on Andrew for a second
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1493648121213165574

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Our son (5) is off school today with a cold. As I was listening to the news this morning they mentioned Starmer's name and our son - also called Keir - said "Oh fffff... Why can't he have a different name?!" Since we are a politically interested household he knows who Starmer is and that we think he's poo poo. So now our 5yo also calls Starmer "keith" lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The average Sun reader would fit pretty well in the Azov Battalion, I hear.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Anyone advocating this poo poo should line up themselves and, more importantly, their OWN kids and grandkids to go on the front line. But no, they'll be busy pulling strings and finding them nice little office jobs in the backend of the MoD nowhere near a front line.
And the same people advocating this poo poo can't even stick wearing a facemask for a few minutes in a shop.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :bahgawd: :bahgawd:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The song likewise is Lego pop, painstakingly assembled from components known to be popular to the same demographics and with that fuckawful cocaine sheen upper-midrange boost that made every 80s pop song sound like it was coming out of a cheap transistor radio.

Not even slightly, but I cba arguing against rockist notions of authenticity, I'm glad I can enjoy it is all !

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Film is bad but song is good. C"Mon! It's a perfectly glittery pop rock pebble from before those kinds of synths went away and came back ironically and Grace has a voice like a saxophone solo. What's not to love

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's a slippery slope from not enjoying that to not enjoying Chesney Hawkes "The One and Only", at which point I have to walk away smdh

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1493921521923936260

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's that synth noise (and the radio-cut-through compression that goes with it) that's the real problem for me TBH, it just feels like tinfoil on fillings and I hate that it's so common in pop and even some 80s and 90s metal. Like I really only got into punk and old rock because of it, and at this point it's almost like an allergy.

It was so bad I spunked a ridiculous amount of money on a Walkman with an EQ when I was a teenager, because The Real Thing - one of my all-time favourite albums when played on my old Hinari "music system" with the treble and presence rolled right off - was like trying to listen to a migraine on a conventional personal stereo.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A dynastic union between the Houses of Saud and Windsor would own

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a slippery slope from not enjoying that to not enjoying Chesney Hawkes "The One and Only", at which point I have to walk away smdh

Lol I literally got into a fight - an actual honest-to-god fist fight - with one of my best mates about that song because I hated it so much, but that was just teenage punk edginess, it's tolerable bubble gum pop.

(I mean the fight might also have been helped along by the two litres of blue Thunderbird we'd both drunk because that poo poo is a liquid form of the special tone from Kingsman, but the casus belli was him singing it at me about 15 times because he knew how much it wound me up)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

stupid kids, wait til they have REAL problems like:
had to wear mask - OPPRESSION
couldn't have haircut for THREE MONTHS
house value might not increase as much as expected!!!!!!
SCARGILL
non-ticks being RUDE on twitter
BLITZ (I Was In It)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Queen dies mid celebration, mourning extended indefinitely as we eternally celebrate the fact that she made it to her platinum jubilee.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jane does a lot of work for "Help For Heroes" which just lends credibility to my belief that as a charity its nothing to do with love for ARRR BOYS and everything to do with psychic guilt over loving war.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm just glad we've not quite gotten to the American standard of weirdo soldier worship just yet

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lol I literally got into a fight - an actual honest-to-god fist fight - with one of my best mates about that song because I hated it so much, but that was just teenage punk edginess, it's tolerable bubble gum pop.

(I mean the fight might also have been helped along by the two litres of blue Thunderbird we'd both drunk because that poo poo is a liquid form of the special tone from Kingsman, but the casus belli was him singing it at me about 15 times because he knew how much it wound me up)

Fair tbh

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyone advocating this poo poo should line up themselves and, more importantly, their OWN kids and grandkids to go on the front line. But no, they'll be busy pulling strings and finding them nice little office jobs in the backend of the MoD nowhere near a front line.
And the same people advocating this poo poo can't even stick wearing a facemask for a few minutes in a shop.

Allison Pearson must be writing an article about our pathetic woke youngsters unable to deal with the realities of life/war as we speak (plus the inevitable follow-up, "My son the pacifist may be a pathetic loser but he's better than the rest of them").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The sole funny thing about this pandemic is that the people who were convinced that they spent the summer of 1963 eating tinned beef in an Anderson shelter while the Kaiser bombed Telford and the people with stashes of internet MREs and ninja home defender magazines both lost their poo poo so easily, while the woke entitled youth (and people who have actually known crisis) mostly just got on with it as best they could.

Now that we're being psychologically moved onto the next crisis they have of course forgotten this immediately and are back onto everyone but them needing to toughen up by doing things they'll never be asked to.