Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Bip Roberts posted:

you wear a snowsuit after 3 inches?

Hyperbole I guess because I also didn't wear shorts yesterday and the snow is too fluffy to make snowmen to add to my snowperson graveyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

SirPablo posted:

10 million your moms
More like one ten millionth of your mom

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Let's take a look at the latest prognostication. This is just one iteration of one specific model, but still looking like a mild storm.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s amazing that all these snow storms keep missing Minnesota

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

it’s amazing that all these snow storms keep missing Minnesota

it's absolute bullshit, I've only been able to ski of artificial snow for the last month

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Very La Niña pattern this winter.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You can make a house out of a tarp have you ever heard of a refugee camp??

Gonna be a lot of them if every summer is the hottest summer ever and every winter is the coldest winter ever and every fire is the greatest inferno ever and every hurricane and tornado is the most destructive ever and every flood is the highest flood ever and every drought is the dryest ever and every snowfall is deep and every heat wave is severe and every rainfall is torrential and every wind gust is the most blustery ever

Gonna need lots of tarps

Moving to a slum to be closer to tarps

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

SirPablo posted:

ya it fuckin sucks bring me the niño

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SirPablo posted:

rip california

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Moot .1415926535 posted:

ya it fuckin sucks bring me the niño

your moderator badge is in the mail

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

loving bullshit weather.
Tomorrow. 11°.
Thursday when I have off to ski: 50 & rain.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

ekuNNN posted:

I guess a massive swarm of parrots misjudging the distance to the ground is a kind of weather?
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r75ek9VqsC1r0uzl6.mp4
Stunned, or ex-parrots, you suppose? :(

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Hooplah posted:

Lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Caught up on this thread and chortled a lot. Thanks

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Who has that funny feeling tiktok link still

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hooplah posted:

:eyepop: lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ZeusCannon posted:

Who has that funny feeling tiktok link still

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7003958882032766213

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

emf posted:

Stunned, or ex-parrots, you suppose? :(

I think a few of them might have recovered at least.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

lolin at the prius getting swept away

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lolin at the prius getting swept away

I always associate that clip with this tweet, cause lol lmao

https://twitter.com/christofspieler/status/1415496090015698944

Remember to discard all those plastic straws, yo.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The Prius trying and failing to take that pickup truck with it is also pretty lol

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1493853905511460869
https://twitter.com/BanginTweets_/status/1493887750096961540
https://twitter.com/MrMatthewTodd/status/1493913417173905410

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

know what's cool..
yesterday the temp started at like 8°F tonight at 11pm it'll be 51°F, then at midnight Thursday it will be down to 18°F .
I now live in a sub-tropical-rainforest-sub-polar-continental climate! Winters are often below 10°F, summers often hit 90°F it's sweet.

tater_salad has issued a correction as of 14:05 on Feb 16, 2022

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
nah its fine I enjoy multiple seasons in the same week, lets me do a variety of activities

gonna go from sledding with my kid to biking in a light jacket and shorts in the same week!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Koirhor posted:

nah its fine I enjoy multiple seasons in the same week, lets me do a variety of activities

gonna go from sledding with my kid to biking in a light jacket and shorts in the same week!

I get to listen to my roommate complain how hot it is this afternoon, yay!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Sudden temperature swings really gently caress with peoples health too. It can trigger migraines, sinus pressure pain, all kinds of poo poo. And we’ve had a lot of these this winter

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rynn posted:

Sudden temperature swings really gently caress with peoples health too. It can trigger migraines, sinus pressure pain, all kinds of poo poo. And we’ve had a lot of these this winter

Oh yeah, this has been the winter of sinus headaches. When the temps swing 30 degrees back and forth over several days my sinuses just give up.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Rynn posted:

I get migraines! from temps!

but no seriously i do and it's been loving bad this year

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Death toll is up to 40 now. Apparently a month's worth of rain fell in about three hours.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
It's currently 56゚ warmer than it was 32 hours ago. And 32 hours from now it's going to be 35゚ colder. This is fine.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

They used the stereo measurements from GOES-17 and Himawari-8 to determine the maximum height of the Tonga volcano plume. Turns out it reached as high as 58 km (~190,000 ft), which puts it into the mesosphere.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/149474/tonga-volcano-plume-reached-the-mesosphere

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

yeah i was pretty headachey today and i expect it will continue through these swings

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if only i could get the tarp into my sinuses and simply pull the headache out

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Always fun to go from having a bunch of snow to it being 50 and having flash flood warnings in 36 hours

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WxMstr/status/1493716047131668484

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Just god putting a tarp on the sky to hold up the clouds

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Luneshot posted:

They used the stereo measurements from GOES-17 and Himawari-8 to determine the maximum height of the Tonga volcano plume. Turns out it reached as high as 58 km (~190,000 ft), which puts it into the mesosphere.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/149474/tonga-volcano-plume-reached-the-mesosphere

so if we can trigger precisely the right amount of volcanoes, we can offset the temperature rise from climate change

naysayers will say there are a few open questions in my plan

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Koirhor posted:

it's gonna let me do no activities as I shrink and turn into a migraine :shepface:

Hooplah posted:

I get migraines! from temps!

but no seriously i do and it's been loving bad this year
:smith: :hf: :smith:
I finally asked my neurologist for a preventative, got topamax. still haven't started it though, before I could even begin it my body decided to explode into hives and not stop :mad:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ayin posted:

it's gonna let me do no activities as I shrink and turn into a migraine :shepface:

:smith: :hf: :smith:
I finally asked my neurologist for a preventative, got topamax. still haven't started it though, before I could even begin it my body decided to explode into hives and not stop :mad:

Hope you don't get frequent vivid terrifying hallucinations like my son did when he tried it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

redleader posted:

so if we can trigger precisely the right amount of volcanoes, we can offset the temperature rise from climate change

naysayers will say there are a few open questions in my plan

I remember a climatologist on some UK late night talk show, well over a decade ago, making the argument that we need to create and detonate a midatlantic volcano as there was absolutely no intention of adopting any policies capable of addressing catastrophic climate change.

This is the first time I've thought about this in years but drat that dude nailed it