Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Send us your favorite kisses to MovieExports@heinetwork.tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Finally got around to watching this. Holy poo poo, what a disturbing special.

Why does Tim collapse at the end again?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cognac McCarthy posted:

What is this one from? Also, :lol: at LaRoo just nodding and saying "yeah" over and over at Tim's obvious PI advice

It's especially funny when you consider Larue would be tailing Toni in his bulky, noisy, ungainly wheelchair which we've seen he can't control all that smoothly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tony Newman has been ... XPOSED

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

wuggles posted:

Finally got around to watching this. Holy poo poo, what a disturbing special.

Why does Tim collapse at the end again?

Low blood sugar

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

Low blood sugar

oh this makes more sense, somehow i thought he was rolling his eyes at axiom's singing

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I saw a few people speculate that Tim accidentally took the roofies he had planned for Wendy... which is dark, even for On Cinema.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I just assumed he'd dipped back into whatever pills he was on for his eye opening conversation about Dr. San.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chairman Capone posted:

I saw a few people speculate that Tim accidentally took the roofies he had planned for Wendy... which is dark, even for On Cinema.

Manuel gave him the champagne though... and he's as pure as driven snow.

Anyways, what do we think it said on the card Tim gave her?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/emergency-statement-regarding-the-wendy-kerby-valentines-day-special/

Tim was given a sedative. Roofies would have been way, way too dark. Frankly I'm surprised they explicitly had him angling for a relationship with her, since that's pretty gross in a way OC Tim hasn't necessarily been previously. I expected him to just continue being vaguely weird and protective, even if the implications of that were obvious

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol getting drugged up is funnier than low blood sugar.

I was dying everytime they kept killing the lights during Gregg's rom com bits.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Cognac McCarthy posted:

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/emergency-statement-regarding-the-wendy-kerby-valentines-day-special/

Tim was given a sedative. Roofies would have been way, way too dark. Frankly I'm surprised they explicitly had him angling for a relationship with her, since that's pretty gross in a way OC Tim hasn't necessarily been previously. I expected him to just continue being vaguely weird and protective, even if the implications of that were obvious

i think the music video had a montage of his previous wive's for a reason haha, he was leading up to eventually wendy being his next one

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Just watched last night lmao. I loved that Gregg insisted he do the idea he came up with for his heilot, and getting pissed off when Joe wants to talk about dr Doolittle instead of deck of cards.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cognac McCarthy posted:

For one thing, that's absolutely not something that's beyond Tim in the OC universe.

Also, I'd been getting vibes from Manuel and Wendy for a long time, and it seemed like something was happening but she'd finally had enough and had to get out of the whole OC ecosystem.

In the farmer's daughter sketch, it seemed like Tim was working through some conflicted feelings about Axiom and Toni. Like he had actually decided Wendy was off-limits for him, but at least he could get the cuckold-y rush of seeing her and Manuel kiss

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/terrilynnparks/status/1494074351913553920

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i know lynn is her middle name there but 'Terrilynn' is a hilarious name

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"Stop following me!" *gets on escalator*

Ableist!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol I just realized the special takes place in the rock house. Where ax still lives and I assume Tim moved in after the split with Toni. Lmfao

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Manuel really channeling Johnny from The Room

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I kind of hope that Toni isn't going to leave On Cinema because she's been great but I'm not sure if there's anywhere to go with her character that can match her performance in the finale

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tetramin posted:

Lol I just realized the special takes place in the rock house. Where ax still lives and I assume Tim moved in after the split with Toni. Lmfao

For some reason one of the funniest moments was right at the beginning, Gregg lurking in the shadows like a cave troll

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Well Gregg does live at the Rock (pool) House.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

huh posted:

Well Gregg does live at the Rock (pool) House.

Lmfao. I guess I just assumed Gregg was living in the burned remains of the VFA, but makes sense that Tim in all his kindness would offer the pool house.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cohsae posted:

I kind of hope that Toni isn't going to leave On Cinema because she's been great but I'm not sure if there's anywhere to go with her character that can match her performance in the finale

It'd be nice to see her as an antagonist or foil to Tim, because it'd be a kind of sad step back if she got caught up in the Tim blackhole again.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It is kind of interesting that Toni (and maybe now Wendy) are the only characters we've seen who just have had enough of the entire On Cinema group. There are people like Manuel, Axiom, and Joe who seem normal enough but still stick around even if they try to stay out of the crazier aspects, or people like Mark who doesn't really like Tim (or Gregg) but still get pulled back in, but Toni is still the only one who really just rejected everything and walked away (and seems happier and healthier for it). It would be interesting to somehow keep seeing a bit from that character who just decided to divest from OC entirely (although not sure how that premise would work for keeping her on OC).

Although as I write this, I realized it kind of applies to Ayaka also.

Speaking of Toni, does anyone else thing that maybe she and Axiom didn't actually gently caress, but something either weirder, or potentially more damaging to Tim, happened (like her telling Axe some personal thing, or drunkenly giving him the password to the HEI bank account, or along those lines?). I feel like Axe actually having sex with her would be a bit too pedestrian, but also seems like something Tim wouldn't easily get over, whereas if he knows Axiom potentially has something over him, it'd be a way for him to force himself to make up.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
one of the recent episodes strongly implied there was more to the story yeah

OC does leave a lot of dangling plot threads though

agreed 100% that Toni is amazing, I'm sure you'll see more of her though. she is Tim's wife after all

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think Toni had an epiphany once she was no longer a drunk.

Someone on reddit posted this transcription of Axiom explaining what happened:

"So we were drinking, like what we do at the Rock House all the time. And Toni was like, "Hey, can I use your bathroom?" And I was like, "Sure." She threw up in the toilet twice, so I picked her up, and... y'know she started kissing me, and getting into my pants. "

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I just got around to watching this, holy poo poo. If they give us something this quality, an Oscar special and a new season every year the subscription is incredibly worth it.

Where to even start? Total pink room from Fire Walk With Me vibes the entire way through, very uncomfortable. "Mr. Money" Joe Estevez is a national treasure and him trying to let Gregg down gently was so loving funny. I'm glad Wendy Kerby decided to flee after that horrifying farmer's daughter sketch, anyone who escapes the On Cinema universe alive is a winner.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

nobody delivers the line "uhh...yeah" better than Joe "Mister Money" Estevez

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

the fact that they call him "Mister Money" despite clearly having no interest in the company but still being nice enough to play along is so funny

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If this was a super hero movie then Toni and Wendy would team up and become a recurring plot point.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

JAMOOOL posted:

the fact that they call him "Mister Money" despite clearly having no interest in the company but still being nice enough to play along is so funny

Joe is seriously a treasure lol. He just goes along with every stupid fuckin thing they want to do because he’s such a nice guy.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Gregg: ...who should get the academy award...and actresses too?

Joe: Yeeeaaah...yeah..yeah..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMTsSMttjdI&t=532s

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Joe is a way better actor than his brother

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

he's certainly got a lot more experience

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/OCATCOfficial/status/1495844317281280007

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He is truly the king of our hearts.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A man of honesty, integrity, and candor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum