Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

there were so many better choices to play Nathan drake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh wow bethesda is working on an indiana jones game

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nonsense posted:

I am Gladiator

that line always bugged me because he immediately abandons the deception right after. why even bother

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

sword guy doing the spin move and then just standing completely still, sliding forwards on the ground slightly, as indie unloads his entire revolver into hsi head

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

there were so many better choices to play Nathan drake

its honestly hard to think of a worse actor for nathan drake than tom holland

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Some Guy TT posted:

its honestly hard to think of a worse actor for nathan drake than tom holland
danny devito

... wait

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
press F to swap idol
press G to stroke chin

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone ever read the 1991 novel A Thousand Acres??

It's kind've about how the farming life is poisonous, and owning things is poison, and family is poison, and greed is poison, and trauma poisons your life, and sometimes the groundwater actually literally poisons you.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1493738694003417104

i still cant believe someone looked at tom holland and went oh yeah this is the guy we need to play a smug jock archaeologist who spends most of his time murdering foreigners this was clearly a job for jim from the office

It's just crass cross promotion. If Sony could stick him in a horizon zero dawn movie they would do it without hesitation.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/LeolucaRandisi/status/1493802159862915074?s=20&t=kXDbf0cGzdt2CVIi08uVOQ

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
At this rate, Tom Holland is probably 3 more non-MCU movies away from a decent flick.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

classic

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

i'm so loving pissed the LOTR spinoff isn't ten episodes of melkor singing an increasingly discordant song with the rest of the valar host

spiderman vs electro is basically the Ainulindale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhdV6z1tsk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://ihorror.com/bioshock-being-adapted-into-an-aquatic-horror-nightmare-from-netflix/

i feel like this could work

edit:

quote:

The dychodemy that was itself at the heart of Bioshock’s colorfully terrifying story.

:catstare:

smarxist has issued a correction as of 14:32 on Feb 16, 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is the Uncharted movie supposed to be a prequel or something because in the games Drake looks like he's in his 30s or whatever and Sully is like grey and "too old for this" but now they are a child and mark wahlberg respectively? or is it just The Cinematic Vision

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

When you make the bad decision to make a movie out of a video game that's not metal gear solid it follows that the only successive decisions not to cancel the project are all bad decisions.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Some Guy TT posted:

taking a moment to appreciate how money heist is one of the biggest worldwide pop culture hits of the last decade but you would never ever know this if you were relying on the mainstream english language entertainment press for pop culture information

it's weird too cuz they acknowledged squid game, but not money heist or we are all dead etc etc. what made squid game different?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

chairface posted:

it's weird too cuz they acknowledged squid game, but not money heist or we are all dead etc etc. what made squid game different?

Squid Game came out after Parasite proved that it's okay to like movies/tv that's not in English.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
god I got Squid Game mixed up with Splatoon for a few moments and was so confused I worried I was having a stroke

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
havin' a stroke thinking about the squid game, off to the games forum with you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

indigi posted:

god I got Squid Game mixed up with Splatoon for a few moments and was so confused I worried I was having a stroke

And it does not help that Splatoon 3 is coming out this year. I wonder if there'll be references.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

i say swears online posted:

oh wow bethesda is working on an indiana jones game

So, it's going to be really lovely, but everyone will play it for years, got it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Iron Crowned posted:

So, it's going to be really lovely, but everyone will play it for years, got it.

Perhaps the same could be said of all indiana jones content

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

It's actually really good once you install enough mods to bloat the install size to 3x normal! GOTY!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of all indiana jones content

listen motherufcker,

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1493958605313392644

the full moon is rising as I gather with all my neighbors in the town square. They come from everywhere - Snow White Circle, Toy Story Avenue, Star Wars Court. The golden mouse statue glitters in the moonlight, it's beautiful enough to bring you to tears. The last day of the month... we all look forward to it. Midnight approaches. We kneel, sobbing with joy. A chime sounds, and we all pull out our phones. Disney Plus. our mortgages. utlities. There is no reason to pay anyone else, the mouse provides all. a wild cry rises from the group, crows leap from the surrounding trees and black out the sky

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mad.radhu posted:

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1493958605313392644

the full moon is rising as I gather with all my neighbors in the town square. They come from everywhere - Snow White Circle, Toy Story Avenue, Star Wars Court. The golden mouse statue glitters in the moonlight, it's beautiful enough to bring you to tears. The last day of the month... we all look forward to it. Midnight approaches. We kneel, sobbing with joy. A chime sounds, and we all pull out our phones. Disney Plus. our mortgages. utlities. There is no reason to pay anyone else, the mouse provides all. a wild cry rises from the group, crows leap from the surrounding trees and black out the sky

So it's The Villages for Disney dorks?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I still think Nintendo announcing Chris Pratt as the voice of Mario is the weirdest thing to see in the past year.

But you see Pratt with Mario, Holland with Uncharted and Mulaney/Samberg with Chip 'N Dale and it shows they literally do not give a poo poo and will just let Hollywood do whatever.

I mean its still a step up from giving everything to Uwe Boll.

Some Guy TT posted:

i still cant believe someone looked at tom holland and went oh yeah this is the guy we need to play a smug jock archaeologist who spends most of his time murdering foreigners this was clearly a job for jim from the office

should've gone with Nathan Fillion tbh

also 'last three holland films' is pretty selective. he's averaging around 60-70% outside Avengers: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/tom_holland

Devil all the Time was a loving miserable experience tho, if well made. Also had no idea he was in Locke, that's a good movie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Durf posted:

I mean its still a step up from giving everything to Uwe Boll.

should've gone with Nathan Fillion tbh

also 'last three holland films' is pretty selective. he's averaging around 60-70% outside Avengers: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/tom_holland

Devil all the Time was a loving miserable experience tho, if well made. Also had no idea he was in Locke, that's a good movie.

I watched Devil all the Time about a month ago, I think I fell asleep because I have no idea what happened in it.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

I watched Devil all the Time about a month ago, I think I fell asleep because I have no idea what happened in it.

everyone is awful and his dog gets crucified

so dont watch if u like dogs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

When you make the bad decision to make a movie out of a video game that's not metal gear solid it follows that the only successive decisions not to cancel the project are all bad decisions.

that's the conventional wisdom, but imo after Arcane somehow worked no one should really have any more excuses

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

LGD posted:

that's the conventional wisdom, but imo after Arcane somehow worked no one should really have any more excuses

TV has more creative freedom than movies. There was an article years back about the guy who tried to make the Metal Gear Solid movie but nobody would fund it without either A) wanting 'profit-safe' poo poo in the movie or B) giving him a low budget. You either fight hard for the small chance of getting what you want or give up and the project dies or someone else takes over and just Hollywoods it up.

The Sonic movie was a lucky opportunity because the reception of the original Sonic movie design was so bad that it became viral. Some nerds say it's a marketing stunt but those nerds don't know how out of touch movie studios are with most media. Videogames are seen at the same level as toy brands.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

But you see Pratt with Mario, Holland with Uncharted and Mulaney/Samberg with Chip 'N Dale and it shows they literally do not give a poo poo and will just let Hollywood do whatever.

Mulaney/Samberg as Chip n Dale is great in theory

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I admit I had a laugh when Chip N Dale went to the land of lovely CGI

also if this works we're getting the whole disney morning lineup. talespin, darkwing, duck tales....

LGD posted:

holy poo poo I want the Arcane team to do a Gargoyles reboot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

Mulaney/Samberg as Chip n Dale is great in theory

JUST LIKE COMMUNISM. the problem is

Farm Frenzy posted:

stunt casting in kids movies is jsut to get some easy chuckles out of the parents in attendance.

means having the voices be recognizable as the actors so instead of trying to create a voice for the character they just write the characters to the voice of the actor's public persona. the seth rogen character in that trailer could not be more of a textbook example of this poo poo

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if anyone wants to watch something completely batshit insane + original (+ entertaining!), TITANE is now streaming on hulu

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1494002251563630593

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

JUST LIKE COMMUNISM. the problem is

means having the voices be recognizable as the actors so instead of trying to create a voice for the character they just write the characters to the voice of the actor's public persona. the seth rogen character in that trailer could not be more of a textbook example of this poo poo

Mulaney and Sandberg are both funny actors with experience in two handers though. idk if you can call having a B tier standup and a third rate tv comedy lead starring in a comedy “stunt casting” especially in a post talking about Chris Pratt. how many people even know who John Mulaney is? I bet more people will recognize Spider Ham than Mulaney

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
drat, green knight was great. between that, last duel and pig, great year for movies about guys being dudes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

if anyone wants to watch something completely batshit insane + original (+ entertaining!), TITANE is now streaming on hulu

From the writer and director of "Raw" eh?
say no more I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

:yeshaha: