Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think she's just ditzy and was drunk v:shobon:v

I love them, but Monique and Monet are probably the most easy queens' names to mix up. On top of the similar sounds, they were both on the same seasons and basically attached at the hip.

There's a hate train running right now that started with her win and exacerbated by her messy clapback at Cynthia. Like, I hope she can swallow her pride and apologize, as Cynthia clearly did not appreciate it. But the fandom smelled blood in the water and has been waiting to finally pounce on someone this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That’s why I’m saying it was a Derrick and Stonewall moment and not her being actively malicious. I’m not going to go too deep into the Cucu issue, but they’re young and bound to make mistakes and people are ready to pounce on her about anything.

New uk vs the world and did not see Jimbo going tbat quickly. Janey and Pangina have solidified themselves as front runners and I, for one, am ready for Pangina conquers the world.

EDIT: THAT loving LIPSYNC SLAYED ME. PANJINA loving HEALS.

EDIT 2: Panjina is also the enemy of Canada now.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 15, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oops, shouldn't have clicked that, LMAO

gently caress.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

UK:

Best LSFTW song choice ever? Yes.

Best version of that song? No.

(I couldn't find a way to embed it and trust that it would be spoilered.)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

YOU SHOULDNT EVEN STILL BE HERE JUJUBEE

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
UK v The World

That was such a tough choice. Jimbo was in the top twice, but Juju is a loving legend. Juju did better in the challenge, but her heart just hasn't been in it. I think that Jimbo might have stayed if he hadn't revealed that he made alliances with both Juju and Cheryl the week before.

Pangina and Janey are really bringing it this season.

I'm also in love with Jonathan Bailey. He was having so much fun in that. Everybody should watch him in Crashing, by Phoebe Waller Bridge, not the god awful Bridgerton.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jimbo really made the most TV gold in 3 episodes, didn't she. Even the exit and lipstick message had me full on belly laughing.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Are they only keeping Baga for the viewers and other queens to hate her? She's so unlikable, and real talented queens are getting sent home in her stead. I would much rather another week of Jimbo on my TV than annoying poutyface. At least she's toned down the catchphrase.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Wow. I was surprised to see Jimbo go, but like, I get it. She did clearly the worst in the challenge, by a lot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

A God drat Ghost posted:

Wow. I was surprised to see Jimbo go, but like, I get it. She did clearly the worst in the challenge, by a lot.

UK spoilers continue: If feels like Jimbo is best within her own skillset. Clowning around on stage, designing gowns, snatch game, etc. When Jimbo has to do more of a "traditional" drag performance she suffers. She wasn't good in the Canada 1 Rusical, she didn't do well during her two LSFTWs, etc. Which is fine, I'm not going to see a Jimbo show to see "traditional", but it led to her leaving the competition earlier than expected. :smith: At least she got a good showing while she was there.

e: Lemon's take on the mini challenge

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdBHAU5K/

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 16, 2022

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Wowee

That whole episode sure was a Jimbo character assassination, wasn't it? But she was still really fun and funny and charming the whole time anyway :( She deserved better

Raere posted:

Are they only keeping Baga for the viewers and other queens to hate her? She's so unlikable, and real talented queens are getting sent home in her stead. I would much rather another week of Jimbo on my TV than annoying poutyface. At least she's toned down the catchphrase.

loving seriously
They cut to the judges smiling Nine. Times. during that performance. Nine. To justify her being safe. She's even shocked every single week when they announce her safe.
Someone earlier was saying they're probably just riding her out until snatch game at which point she'll be fair game but I much, much rather wanted to see Jimbo in it. Ugh.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: Lemon's take on the mini challenge

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdBHAU5K/

Those weren't very funny.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I'm so confused with the judging on UK... like, Baga Chips has been a Baga Shite every episode. How is she safe? The Hairspray wig during the challenge was covering her eyes the whole time. If that had been anything else, Michelle would have cursed the ground they walked on. That runway was really basic and the pink wet wig...why? I guess all she has to do is bark out MAH BEH AH! and she's safe? I really had high hopes for her and I loved her on UK1 but I'm kind of annoyed at her plot armor.

Much more than Juju, which I don't even understand what's going on with her. It's like she was an alternate who got the call last minute. The t is that the contestants got somewhere between $8 - $10k USD from production to use for the competition. I hope she just pocketed it as compensation for her previous 3 runner-up seasons. That might explain the Party City wig last night.

Sending Jimbo home after 2 wins was a choice but anything with choreo was going to land them in the bottom. I wish they stayed longer but I"m glad Ru got the Jimbo Experience. The exit lines and the mirror message :kiss:

Why are we sleeping on Blu?

I guess we should get used to Pangina sending home all our favorites because I want that bitch crowned.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Juju goating her way to 3rd place, I guess

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

resting mitch face posted:

Why are we sleeping on Blu?

I guess we should get used to Pangina sending home all our favorites because I want that bitch crowned.

Hard :same: to both of these.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

UKvW

While she hasn’t said it, I kinda hope Pangina is actively choosing who she thinks is the bigger threat. If we’re gonna have these rules, I’d like to see some queens use them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've always said that's how it should be and now that it's happening I am all like "not like this." :(

But fair is fair.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I am thinking about strategy re: breaking up country alliances. Queens like Pangina and Janee are incentivized to send home a queen in the bottom who has other fellow countrymen in the competition, if it is possible, because those queens have a natural alliance with each other. The queens who are representing their countries solo do not have this advantage, so it helps them to break up those alliances whenever they can. I think in the case of Lemon vs Janey, it may have also seemed like Pangina was sending home the bigger threat (although Janee went on to perform very well and possibly disprove that perception). But it was also strategic to break up a potential Canada alliance.

It is interesting that this episode, Pangina had the opportunity to break up another country alliance by sending home Jujubee, but did not. I think that actually would have been far more strategic - while Jimbo has been in the top and is definitely a contender, she is extremely unlikely to win a lipsync, which I think puts her at a massive disadvantage in this format of competition. I think it may have been more strategic to send home Jujubee before Snatch Game/acting challenges, which she is known to be good at, in addition to preventing any potential future Mo/Juju American alliance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

I think in the case of Lemon vs Janey, it may have also seemed like Pangina was sending home the bigger threat (although Janee went on to perform very well and possibly disprove that perception). But it was also strategic to break up a potential Canada alliance.

Anybody who watched Holland season 1 would have never thought that Lemon was the bigger threat than Janey. Janey was a fierce queen her season, and made it to the final 2. Lemon did well her season, and was booted at 5.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I've always said that's how it should be and now that it's happening I am all like "not like this." :(

But fair is fair.

I kind of hate the All Stars format for this, because in a vacuum fair is fair, but is it really?
Do you want to be the queen who sent Jujubee home early? You gonna just shoulder that one? Really?

Not to mention that in an actually fair universe Baga would have been gone episode 1 or 2

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Nihonniboku posted:

Anybody who watched Holland season 1 would have never thought that Lemon was the bigger threat than Janey. Janey was a fierce queen her season, and made it to the final 2. Lemon did well her season, and was booted at 5.

Well that seemed to be the perception of much of the audience, who as you say probably did not watch Holland. But that strengthens my point there: that the decision was not eliminating the biggest threat. This was not a Naomi sending home Manila moment, like some people are characterizing it. I'm inclined to believe that Pangina's decisions are based on what she would do if she were a judge, and less on strategy of sending home threats or breaking up alliances.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

Well that seemed to be the perception of much of the audience, who as you say probably did not watch Holland. But that strengthens my point there: that the decision was not eliminating the biggest threat. This was not a Naomi sending home Manila moment, like some people are characterizing it. I'm inclined to believe that Pangina's decisions are based on what she would do if she were a judge, and less on strategy of sending home threats or breaking up alliances.

Ah, sorry, I misread what you were saying. I thought you were saying that Pangina DID seem to be thinking strategically.

Poulpe posted:

I kind of hate the All Stars format for this, because in a vacuum fair is fair, but is it really?
Do you want to be the queen who sent Jujubee home early? You gonna just shoulder that one? Really?

Not to mention that in an actually fair universe Baga would have been gone episode 1 or 2

I hate All Stars rules too, but given the fuckery with judging that has been going on with normal seasons for a while now, I'm not convinced we would have any more fair outcome with the producers alone deciding who goes home.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

I hate All Stars rules too, but given the fuckery with judging that has been going on with normal seasons for a while now, I'm not convinced we would have any more fair outcome with the producers alone deciding who goes home.

If they wanted the queens to actually have any agency, they'd have them collectively vote to decide on the bottom 2/3 as well.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
UK vs The world

Whaaaat the hell, I actually can't with the eliminations in this show, feels like it's all kinds of rigged. I was really looking forward to seeing more Jimbo but oh well. All I care about now is seeing Pangina absolutely destroy lip-syncs like a LEGENDARY MACHINE.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

Poulpe posted:

If they wanted the queens to actually have any agency, they'd have them collectively vote to decide on the bottom 2/3 as well.

I'd honestly like that more, you could have your alliances and whatnot without (hopefully) having as many stupid judging decisions. Or at least have someone Untucked defending waste of space BAGA and then you get some good drama for people defending the undefendable.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm disappointed in myself for being fairly ignorant of Pangina's existence until this season, because holy poo poo, she eats up that stage like I haven't seen in a long time.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m obsessed with the lipsync from this episode. IfJaney went up against any other drag queen, she probably had a good chance of winning. Unfortunately, spanking absolutely ate the lipsync. The subreddit also pointed out her party popper fell out of her outfit while she was whacking and she managed to pick it up without showing that it even happened. She’s a true professional and really showing why she’s a judge.

Also, the fact that both parties nailed a loving Vengaboys meme song is just camp and art.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

(please note that I do not follow the spoilers sub and have no idea what's coming) I have a horrible feeling that next on UKvsTW Baga will crack Ru up in Snatch Game, and get chairlifted to the final.

Does anyone else feel like Mo is being paid dust? Going in I thought the US and UK queens would be dominating but so far that hasn't been the case.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

NSFW-ish: https://twitter.com/jimbodragclown/status/1494048120526753810

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I hope panpan “finishing” baga’s dress for her pays off for her. Maybe next episode, depending on who the former picks for snatch game. I’m gonna guess she goes with Mariah Carey but hope that she steps outside of her comfort zone

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Drimble Wedge posted:

(please note that I do not follow the spoilers sub and have no idea what's coming) I have a horrible feeling that next on UKvsTW Baga will crack Ru up in Snatch Game, and get chairlifted to the final.

Does anyone else feel like Mo is being paid dust? Going in I thought the US and UK queens would be dominating but so far that hasn't been the case.

Tell me you haven't seen drag race thailand without telling me you haven't seen drag race thailand.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

GrandmaParty posted:

Tell me you haven't seen drag race thailand without telling me you haven't seen drag race thailand.

Well, it's not like a horse race where you can see who crosses first -- I meant I figured production riggory would carry those queens to the end. This is not to count Pangina out (my jaw is on my chest whenever she's on screen) but we know how these games get played.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Art arya has given pangina a message and I loved it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/stvtlh/art_arya_gives_pangina_a_very_lovely_message/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

jimmydalad posted:

spanking absolutely ate the lipsync.

I love spanking so much! :D

... But seriously, that's a really cool fact you mention at the end there and I'm gonna have to rewatch the lipsync now to see for myself.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Unpopular opinion but I won't miss seeing Jimbo. I was stunned Juju was saved though. I love her but her runway didn't look anywhere near to the standards of the others.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

subpar anachronism posted:

Unpopular opinion but I won't miss seeing Jimbo. I was stunned Juju was saved though. I love her but her runway didn't look anywhere near to the standards of the others.

I love Jimbo, he's incredibly original and entertaining, and I don't think anyone on drag race has ever been like him.

He's also very good at that one very specific thing, and not much else though. He lacks versatility, and we would have gotten the same each week.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am grateful for the little jimbo we got, and resentful of how our baga cup runneth over

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I know what I'm buying this Halloween!

(UK Spoiler: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaFNLG1Iwsh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Nihonniboku posted:

I love Jimbo, he's incredibly original and entertaining, and I don't think anyone on drag race has ever been like him.

He's also very good at that one very specific thing, and not much else though. He lacks versatility, and we would have gotten the same each week.

the issue is we now have several queens who do the same thing every week but not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Does she though? Choreography/lip sync was probably the one kind of challenge she'd be terrible at. Most challenges favor quick wits, a strong drag identity, and good runway taste, all of which she has. Granted, there's no winning DR without being a strong lip syncer nowadays, but her strengths and weaknesses are very much like another legendary drag clown, Bianca.