Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Don't even try to argue, they made the best possible call and saying otherwise is insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah it was their best chance. We all saw Burrow could not move that leg at all. Dude was injected with pain killers. More like why the hell Mixon didnt take the 3rd and short snap. Just like why 49ers didn’t use Gore or why the hawks didnt use Beast Mode…

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 16, 2022

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Burrows got a knee sprain. They didn't specify which ligament. General wisdom with people who follow the team is that Zac kept peering in because he didn't want it to look like a run play, which imo is really dumb.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Eifert Posting posted:

Burrows got a knee sprain. They didn't specify which ligament. General wisdom with people who follow the team is that Zac kept peering in because he didn't want it to look like a run play, which imo is really dumb.

That's a classic Billick type outthinking yourself type of thing. You want your very best players in. Football is 75% checkers and 25% chess to go by that cliche.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1493949966322176002

quote:

The Texans quarterback, who spent the 2021 season on the team's active roster but did not play, has begun evaluating potential fits for his services in 2022, with the Buccaneers and Vikings among teams on his radar.

One source noted that Watson -- who has a no-trade clause -- is still early in the evaluation process, but he's looking for the right blend of offensive system, coaching, talent and, most importantly, the chance to win.
The balls of this guy to think he still has the power to dictate where he goes.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
wait so where did all this Sean McVay stepping away stuff coming from? Hes young as poo poo, on a good team. Anyone got some reporting?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bows1 posted:

wait so where did all this Sean McVay stepping away stuff coming from? Hes young as poo poo, on a good team. Anyone got some reporting?

quote:

Would Sean McVay walk away?
There has been lots of chatter about the possibility of Sean McVay stepping down and pursuing a career in TV (or even just taking a break), and the Rams coach himself hasn't done anything to dampen that talk publicly.

The sense I get is that this is a similar situation to Donald's, in that McVay is hoping the Rams do right by him on a new contract that pays him at or near the top of the head-coach salary rankings. There's no reason to believe they wouldn't, but we'll see how the negotiations go.

Based on the information I've been able to gather, I'd be surprised if McVay were to step away from coaching at age 36. With Matthew Stafford in Los Angeles at least one more year, it's more likely McVay decides to run it back as long as he has the quarterback he trusts to get it done. If the Rams hadn't gotten Stafford and were still beating their heads against the Jared Goff wall, maybe. But I think McVay has a strong thing going here and my bet is he sticks around. -- Graziano
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33270237/los-angeles-rams-coach-sean-mcvay-ponders-future-says-wants-prioritize-family

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Unfortunately, he probably does.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I forget who it was, Collinsworth maybe?, was talking about how he wanted to start a family

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1493949966322176002

Bucs very clearly don't care about PR hits.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1493960957957181445

That’s a long contract.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He had a bad super bowl but I would say on the whole he earned that. They were really only two games this year where I'd say they were flat out coached, The super bowl and ironically the Jets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Deshaun does at least have the power to dictate where he doesn't want to go, which despite everything else surrounding this story is a pretty powerful negotiating tool.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

He did just get to the SB so I can’t say it’s unearned. But it’s Mike Brown and I think he just considers Taylor fine enough and doesn’t feel like having to think about HC for a while.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's a shame the Rams jersey numbers are so ugly cause the rest of the uniform looks great

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

He did just get to the SB so I can’t say it’s unearned. But it’s Mike Brown and I think he just considers Taylor fine enough and doesn’t feel like having to think about HC for a while.

I don't think there's a single organization in the league that wouldn't give Zac Taylor an extension after last season. This is such a weird take. The team massively outperformed expectations, coaching was excellent for the majority of the year despite the team having a fatal flaw in roster construction, and the players universally love him.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Eifert Posting posted:

Looks like we got some deets this morning.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1493966136857272324?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who was it who had a sprained MCL years ago that got completely poo poo on for coming out of the game?

Oh god it was Jay Cutler. I don't know what that says, but given everything Jay Cutler from then to now that's a story to remember. This was back when we used to listen to anything Mike Ditka said

quote:

"I don't know if anybody can play the game when they're not 100 percent or not well," Ditka, an ESPN analyst, said on "Mike & Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I can't speak for Jay Cutler. I can't speak for anybody.

"Myself, I would have had to have been paralyzed to come out of the game. I don't want to say that word. I would have had to be completely knocked out to come out of that football game."

Maurice Jones Drew and Darnell Dockett also chirped about it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
A lot of people called Cutler soft for coming out of the game. The funny part is though that people can dump on Rodgers for only making a Super Bowl cause he beat Caleb Hanie lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was very confident it was something like that. He didn't really behave any differently than he did in the Chiefs game when he came up gimpy, and CJ's injury that turned out to be an MCL sprain was way worse. It's unfortunate though because it's probably what dictated them playing in the shotgun the rest of the game, which might be the difference between the win and the loss.

It's time to pay for the fat men, Cincinnati. I don't care what you think a guard is worth paying, give the obese men what the market says they're worth.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eifert Posting posted:

Yea, that’s definitely an “outsmarting yourself” maneuver. But they were in the pretty bad situation with the line getting manhandled and their QB being hobbled so I don’t think their chances of getting into FG range were great even if the play calls were perfect. If Burrow could have run things may have gone differently, but alas.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yikes
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1493991992862334982

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Nationalize the league and jail all owners.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

There's another rumour that McVay is just angling for a raise to be the highest paid coach in the league

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Man the Bengals offense was really bad in the second half after their first play

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1494005404082266124

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a sad rear end 11%

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eh, I could see kids not wanting to watch old rear end acts doing the dad rock thing now.

We're the dads now, halftimes are now for us.

Like seriously, imagine being 18, Snoop Dogg is a 50 year old man who does the corniest poo poo imaginable with other old white people and makes weed references. Those of us who have hidden a Doggystyle cd from our parents know, but to a kid, he's gonna come off as lame.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 16, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Who was it who had a sprained MCL years ago that got completely poo poo on for coming out of the game?

Oh god it was Jay Cutler. I don't know what that says, but given everything Jay Cutler from then to now that's a story to remember. This was back when we used to listen to anything Mike Ditka said

Maurice Jones Drew and Darnell Dockett also chirped about it.

Tomlinson caught hell for barely playing in the AFCCG with two sprained MCL's

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Eh, I could see kids not wanting to watch old rear end acts doing the dad rock thing now.

We're the dads now, halftimes are now for us.

Like seriously, imagine being 18, Snoop Dogg is a 50 year old man who does the corniest poo poo imaginable with other old white people and makes weed references. Those of us who have hidden a Doggystyle cd from our parents know, but to a kid, he's gonna come off as lame.

I think you misread the poll.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think you misread the poll.

I'm not saying all of them, just explaining that 11%

Of course, it's 11%, so more likely it's a bunch of a mormons and evangelicals who get tighter then Zach Wilson the second a beat starts playing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

I'm not saying all of them, just explaining that 11%

Of course, it's 11%, so more likely it's a bunch of a mormons and evangelicals who get tighter then Zach Wilson the second a beat starts playing.

Oh it’s definitely the Ben Shapiro demo.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The 17% of millenials is sadder. You're almost 30 or even in your 40s. How was that halftime not everything you wanted?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Love is Dead
https://twitter.com/intouchweekly/status/1494004275005038595

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

The 17% of millenials is sadder. You're almost 30 or even in your 40s. How was that halftime not everything you wanted?

Some millennials don't like rap.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hate that Lose Yourself is like Em's career defining hit because it like a C-tier Eminem song.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Heartbreaking. What hope can there be for the rest of us?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I hate that Lose Yourself is like Em's career defining hit because it like a C-tier Eminem song.

I was hoping against hope for The Way I Am

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The second ring continues to elude Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Sounds like they were both disgruntled.