Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haha i thought i remembered this https://www.cbr.com/disney-darkwing-duck-news-for-2022/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

priznat posted:

I never really liked Darkwing Duck in that whole duck block.

It is surprising they haven’t tried to do a Tale Spin reboot.

:same:
Tailspin and Ducktails were good. Everything else was p bad

Disney kids show chat beats Star Wars talk at least

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

While decadent Hollywood languishes in mediocrity, true innovators work to push the art form forward

https://twitter.com/Mrcheese777/status/1493689414438076417

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Scaramouche posted:

Pfft call me when there's a gummi bears crossover. (and no I don't mean that stupid video game)

There is, in fact, an episode of the new Ducktales that revolves around Gummiberry Juice.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

While decadent Hollywood languishes in mediocrity, true innovators work to push the art form forward

https://twitter.com/Mrcheese777/status/1493689414438076417

!!!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

poisonpill posted:

Jenny always comes out on top

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

No Mods No Masters posted:

If I were baloo on talespin I would have been worried about loving world war 2. Jesus christ

Baloo's plane was shot down over the Sea of Cape Suzette, by Don Karnaj. It spun in. There were no survivors.

Abyssinia, Baloo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

:hfive: it feels like from my recollection that Tale Spin had some of the best satire. And Baloo is just a chill cool dude who flies a plane and hangs out at a sweet island bar with his orangutan friend. The kit character felt especially tacked on but they probably had to do it because Disney.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/rosalyster/status/1493985991627001859?t=sWfpZa8OtrvFiEdy1S2Kog&s=19

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

poisonpill posted:

but doctor, star wars is also a kids disney show

anyway i really disliked most disney stuff except for donald duck/scrooge mcduck comics, those were good

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's great news, excising them from normal society is win/win for everyone

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Epcot's back on the menu boys manchildren :getin:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I can't pin it down, but that's giving me the most horrifying feeling of dread.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

That isn't news. They did it already years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebration,_Florida

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i bet this will be like the original plans with epcot but without any architecture or monorails

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Those will have underground tunnels all through it like in Us, right?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

loving hell

https://twitter.com/64/status/1493998206648139777

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

After 15 years of searching we may have finally found it, the dumbest tweet

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

After 15 years of searching we may have finally found it, the dumbest tweet

wait a day hour 15 minutes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can't wait for the Jenny doc after she moves in

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can't wait for the Jenny doc after she moves in

LOL if you think that thing is capable of moving out of mom's spare bedroom and keeping herself alive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's great news, excising them from normal society is win/win for everyone

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

you are right to feel dread - this will be the origin of Disney's Sardaukar

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

imagine the throat singing scene from Dune but instead the backing song is a version of "Be Our Guest"

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sedgr posted:

I'm sad no one ever seems to remember Fluppy Dogs. You know, the one about talking dog creatures that has the same interdimensional crossing premise as Sliders.

Ripe for a reboot in the current multiverse obsessed media environment.

It being a thanksgiving special that was supposed to act as a pilot for a series that never materialized probably has something to do with it. But I remember those invisible doors and crystal keys.

That's something I haven't thought of in a long time. My sister and I loved the Fluppy Dogs, even had the plush dolls.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The Thiccney Afternoon

Only registered members can see post attachments!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

God drat it why did it have to be Hellraiser 4?

Also Six-String Samurai loving rules and I'm very happy to own that bizarre little movie on 4K.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Also Six-String Samurai loving rules and I'm very happy to own that bizarre little movie on 4K.

Six-String Samurai is indeed a weirdly great film. Didn't know it was out in 4K... between that and LOTR, I'm considering buying a player.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Six-String Samurai is indeed a weirdly great film. Didn't know it was out in 4K... between that and LOTR, I'm considering buying a player.

If you’re serious about buying a player I’ll warn you right away. Be sure you aren’t buying a 4K UPSCALING Blu-ray player. It’s a trap.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if you're getting a 4K player that isn't a PS5, get a Sony

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Is it possible to rip a 4k DVD to a Plex server? Would it be watchable at 4k on Plex? I'm still trying to figure out how to watch movies without needing to google which streaming service they just got removed from first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poisonpill posted:

Is it possible to rip a 4k DVD to a Plex server? Would it be watchable at 4k on Plex? I'm still trying to figure out how to watch movies without needing to google which streaming service they just got removed from first

Yeah it can for sure be done but you'd need to a 4K drive for your PC which are pricey enough. A full 4K rip is gonna be enormous though, you'd either rip it as a disk image file (basically a copy of the entire disk with all its menus, audio tracks etc so probably between 50-100GB per file) or you could rip it as a video file and then compress it to an MKV. You can 100% stream 4K files with good bitrates over home wifi, we do it here all the time. My housemate has shitloads of 4K BRs and the quality is unmatched but unless you're literally projecting onto a cinema screen, a good 1080p or 4K rip around 10GB will look great.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

poisonpill posted:

I have no idea but if you’re already buying the disc then you’re just making GBS threads all over it by trying to watch it on a stream. Seems like a waste, just watch it off the disc

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Plex is pretty flexible when it comes to quality/transfer speed as well, kind of depends on the bandwidth of your home network. There's a whole plex thread in IYG

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

Fair warning, Six String cost me something like....$50 for the 4K? Vinegar Syndrome released it and it's got a nice big box with a poster and a booklet and a bunch of other stuff I think. https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/six-string-samurai-vsu the site is closed as of my typing this but there's the link to see what all the disc comes with.

There's a surprising amount of genre stuff that's be released to 4K, including Blood for Dracula with Udo Kier which I haven't gotten around to watching yet. The last time I saw the movie was probably a decade ago on a digital rip of a VHS or something so I'm pretty excited for this transfer. Also the original Suspiria looks amazing in 4k. Dawn of the Dead 78 too.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't pin it down, but that's giving me the most horrifying feeling of dread.

If Disney is going this hard with the proposal, that means they have finally solved the one problem that stopped EPCOT from being a residential community: The fact that the residents would have the right to vote (and thus, to potentially change the master plan). I can't even imagine what kind of loopholes they have figured out to maintain corporate control of all municipal government.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if you're getting a 4K player that isn't a PS5, get a Sony

Seriously. The Sony UBP- X700M is exactly what you'll want here. It'll play all of your old disc media, while most 4k blu-ray players will only play blu-rays. I got one for myself and it worked so well I got one for my grandmother as well (so her movie nights with her friends wouldn't have to worry about having the right type of disc).

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There was that TNG episode where Scotty kept himself alive for like 25 years in a transporter stream. They should do that with Chekov, but say the file was corrupted and thats why Chekov looks and sounds completely different.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just bring back Walter Koening IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

Just bring back Walter Koening IMO

This. But don't make it original-timeline Checkov. Make it Kelvin-timeline Checkov who got in some kind of time-loop accident and aged 50 years.