Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

Don't lie!

There are a dozen scalped PS5s in the windows of a CEX (gaming/second-hand shop) near me for 50% above RRP still

Does anyone actually own one to play this game?

I have one but my gaming budget is going towards elden ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

Not buying peach fuzz game is super unwoke of you, check yourself

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Aloy is from a post-apocalyptic anprim matriarchal society who hunt and and are hunted by deadly robosaurs with bows and spears

a p mild amount of peach fuzz? unrealistic 0/10

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/gematria_takes/status/1493795480609906689

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Regarde Aduck posted:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1493255747907600389?s=21

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Whats a gaming backlog? Can you only play games during their release weekends or what?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I usually play games that are 3+ years old. Heck the last game I finished a few days ago came out in 2012. It was still fun.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm gonna play elden ring on release and beat it, then when I'm done in a couple months I'll probably go to my backlog which is sitting at *checks notes* AC Black Flag.

I'll probably get to the original horizon zero dawn by 2030

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Scratch Monkey posted:

I usually play games that are 3+ years old. Heck the last game I finished a few days ago came out in 2012. It was still fun.

What game was it, friend?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Zil posted:

Whats a gaming backlog? Can you only play games during their release weekends or what?

From games are a lot more fun when to play close to release when there are a lot of people laying and no one knows what the gently caress is happening.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I'm guessing, based on absolutely nothing, Borderlands 2.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Today I learnt Elden Ring was not the Skyrim sequel

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ratjaculation posted:

Skyrim will never have a sequel.

Elden Ring is just a fancy name for Dark Souls 4

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

WHERE IS CHICAGO CYPRUS?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

It was Max Payne 3

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been playing Dragon's Dogma all day. Game is fun

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I came back to games after about a 10 year hiatus.
Played a load of ps3 games, then traded in a pile of oooold games for the price of a ps4 and now I have a 100+ hour skyrim savefile and am about 10 hours into Horizon.
It's so much fun :)

^^ I hated dragons dogma so much :( the cod middle English was so badly done, plus all the walking every loving where.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Scratch Monkey posted:

Same, except replace "3" with "10". Sometimes with "20".

ranbo das posted:

I'm gonna play elden ring on release and beat it, then when I'm done in a couple months I'll probably go to my backlog which is sitting at *checks notes* AC Black Flag.

I got Black Flag on the Switch and it's perfect for it. You can just pick it up for a few minutes and knock out a mini questor collection object, great way to avoid burnout.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I only play games three years after I've bought them. :smugdog:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ratjaculation posted:

Today I learned that Elden Ring is one of the many, many things George RRRRRRR Martin did to put off finishing writing the Winds of Winter.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

He was smart. He let the TV shows lovely ending kill any anticipation for the book so now he doesn’t have to write it

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1493645026756214785

I'm really, really, really tired of the terminally online

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Feb 16, 2022

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Didn't there used to be a thing where stuff got so popular it was uncool and embarrassing

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Scratch Monkey posted:

He was smart. He let the TV shows lovely ending kill any anticipation for the book so now he doesn’t have to write it

Is there any examples of "ya'll ain't ready for that conversation" where it's not a poo poo take? It always seems to be attached to a poo poo comment.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I finally got around to playing Earthbound, I'll play whatever you guys are talking about in like 25 years ok

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Didn't there used to be a thing where stuff got so popular it was uncool and embarrassing
Yeah but it got very popular

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I don’t think Goldmark is wrong, exactly, except that it’s all Disney. But definitely adult people who love Star Wars look down on adult people who love Moana or whatever, and there’s 100% an element of misogyny in the Star Wars people not acknowledging that it’s all commercialized children’s entertainment.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Roblo posted:

Is there any examples of "ya'll ain't ready for that conversation" where it's not a poo poo take? It always seems to be attached to a poo poo comment.

No.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

Jesse Singal is nuts, right? I feel like I've heard his name before but only in the case of bad takes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Big terf weirdo I think.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

UnoriginalMind posted:

Jesse Singal is nuts, right? I feel like I've heard his name before but only in the case of bad takes.

I mean, I can't put that name in any specific context but "vague feeling they suck," but I think you could peg him as a prolific galaxy brain on that tweet alone.

Roblo posted:

There is, but

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

OwlFancier posted:

Big terf weirdo I think.

Singal first came to prominence for JAQing off about teens undergoing medical transition, which he parlayed into a career as an "anti-PC/SJW culture" talking head. It's very telling he has a picture of Flip McVicker as his Twitter avatar.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Some STDH I'm sure. But covid Vax issues open up a whole new category in online dating drama apparently.

https://twitter.com/neon_freedom/status/1492965212433141762?t=86pDYuqsDRqyo-I1SJ80rA&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1494069576966946820?t=zO-atLWD3r-sr0w7FGr4cg&s=19

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm trying to also imagine the mindset where they think Aloy is unattractive, like objectively.

I’m certain these people have never seen an actual woman up close, clothed or otherwise, much less had any kind of meaningful interaction with a woman.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scratch Monkey posted:

Which line are they on? Space Mountain? Haunted Mansion?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

:golfclap:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yeah but then hating popular things became the popular thing, so now hating popular things is uncool and embarrassing. It'll loop back eventually. It's a cycle.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It was nice when we had a bit of sincerity being the cool thing. Around the time of Steven Universe and that sort of thing I think.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BioEnchanted posted:

It was nice when we had a bit of sincerity being the cool thing. Around the time of Steven Universe and that sort of thing I think.

being sincere owns, just like what you like, don't try to turn 'I enjoy Disney poo poo' into some woke culture war bullshit though. Everyone who likes things a lot gets made fun of by people who don't like it, it's not some grand assault on identity nor is giving money to a mega corp somehow doing 'good' for things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sincerity is still cool and will never not be cool.

It may be rarer in this era of doomposting, but that is all the more reason to be sincere!