Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Some of the guides urge you not to do Chaos Dungeons when you unlock them, but is it just because of Awakening and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

avoraciopoctules posted:

Elden Ring is coming in... 11 days? I'm not sure if I'll finish the story before then, but I'm definitely having a pretty good time at the moment.

I'm having anxiety for not only Elden Ring but also for Guild Wars 2 expansion, which is probably going to steal my MMO spot from the 28th onwards. So I'd like to get some stuff done for Lost Ark before that, but the EU problems and queue times aren't making it easy.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Is it me or is some of the harder content when you start doing bosses just really melee unfriendly? Got a character geared enough to do that Vertus guardian raid and I don't know how to do that in a way that doesnt get me killed every time.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

RC Cola posted:

Oh the only character I play in league of legends you say. Ok I'm a scrapper main

Seconded. Striker is like Street Fighter, but Scrapper is like Street Fighter if everyone was wearing giant metal boxing gloves. You probably won’t float around the battlefield like a butterfly but drat do your punches feel W E I G H T Y.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

Just run some of the content and you’ll get them as drops. You should be able to do the 300 content without them. Alternative you could trade them from your main.

My alt is level 30 currently. Do I just need to wait? I already dismantled the extras from my "main" who is also only level 38

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nobody likes or plays wardancer it seems but I really like it. Is something wrong with it?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
I know crystalline aura has a bunch of stuff on it but is anything on it actually useful other than the +2 bifrost slots? I kinda don't understand why I would pay for it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

jokes posted:

Nobody likes or plays wardancer it seems but I really like it. Is something wrong with it?
No wardancer is great because you have two party buffs. All the martial artists are fairly underrepresented because people love being warriors, wizards, and rogues:

This image came from someone taking the time to note down the advanced class %s during character creation on Una, so it should be accurate.

Though a lot of this may just be that there's no destroyer/summoner/reaper to dilute the pool of players who wanted that type of character, while 4/5s of the martial artists are in the game and they're somewhat similar.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 16, 2022

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

kliras posted:

Some of the guides urge you not to do Chaos Dungeons when you unlock them, but is it just because of Awakening and stuff?

I think it suggests you do them later in case you up your ilvl between unlocking them and daily reset, so you don't "waste" the drops from your daily runs on lower ilvl items. Only matters if you're trying to push through as much content in a day as possible.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

jokes posted:

No, not at all. It's literally one of the very best classes in the game.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

kliras posted:

The guide says that because you get a free 302 set from the quests and you get showered with upgrade materials from islands & other stuff. So you could conceivably have a high enough item level to do the 2nd/3rd tier of chaos dungeons.

Realistically, it's wednesday and weekly reset is tomorrow. Just do them. Or, if you are going to play a bunch tonight then do them before you log off or before reset (5am est). Whichever comes first. If you want to spam 6-12 of them, then do that too with the weekly quests. Reset is tomorrow and completing the weeklies will sky rocket your una points & hand you some harmony stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 16, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kaddish posted:

No, not at all. It's literally one of the very best classes in the game.

Phew because I love it, not as much as sorceress but close. Between those two and the demon knife lady with the absurd weapons I got my 3 picks. I’ll probably boost a Bard one day too. Digging this game for sure, hope dungeons and raids continue to be fun and cool

jokes fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 16, 2022

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I feel like the OP needs a disclaimer that there are literally no unviable/bad classes in the game

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

d0grent posted:

My alt is level 30 currently. Do I just need to wait? I already dismantled the extras from my "main" who is also only level 38

I highly recommend just playing one character to cap. You get boosts at max level and there are very few reasons to level a second character the long way.

If you really want to though, just wait.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

I highly recommend just playing one character to cap. You get boosts at max level and there are very few reasons to level a second character the long way.

If you really want to though, just wait.

yeah, made an alt to play with a friend. I'll just wait til 50, thanks!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

joepinetree posted:

Is it me or is some of the harder content when you start doing bosses just really melee unfriendly? Got a character geared enough to do that Vertus guardian raid and I don't know how to do that in a way that doesnt get me killed every time.

I feel like melee needs to treat fights more like an action game rather than being mmo DPS. I retreat a bit with my scrapper when I know there's a boss pattern going on that could target and hit me, then jump back in with a charging fist,do my combo again until I see another dangerous pattern, repeat.

It's not that much of a DPS race, mechanics will kill you before you worry about that. I think. I've had no power since Monday so I had to quit cold turkey and didn't even get to the second guardian :shepface:

Edit: scrapper owns

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

jokes posted:

i'm a wardancer :)

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Scrapper is a great, balanced class that's a big brain pick right now because it's very unpopular. You can get set up for way cheaper than the heavily played classes if you end up picking up stuff off the market.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm really enjoying my time as a gunlancer, I play a paladin in FFXIV and wanted something similar but different and this is doing the trick.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Elephunk posted:

I thought about it for a grand total of 30 seconds and decided I'm doing a Reflux sorceress and a Mayhem Zerker. Don't know what my third class will be yet.

Doomsday Sorc sounded too big cooldown-y and I don't know how I could not pick Mayhem for Zerker (constantly in fury mode at 25% healthcap but you take 60% less damage). I have no idea about any of this if anyone has an opinion to share.

Mayhem Zerk is my main and I love it. I haven’t noticed being particularly weak, defense wise. There was a world boss that one or two shot me a couple times but I was about 30 itemlevel too low for it. And when you get a good support you feel absolutely invincible.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

junan_paalla posted:

Scrapper is a great, balanced class that's a big brain pick right now because it's very unpopular. You can get set up for way cheaper than the heavily played classes if you end up picking up stuff off the market.

Her sound effects are great, too. Love jumping into a bunch of enemies and then bulldoze my way out of their formation with loud chunky punches.

I've been thinking of boosting gunlancer but I'm afraid it would juat feel slow and boring after Scrapper.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
There is no reason to level an alt right now. Please don't do this. Use your powerpass.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaddish posted:

There is no reason to level an alt right now. Please don't do this. Use your powerpass.

And then use 600 gold for each additional character.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Ive just gotten to the bit in the story where our sexy demon priest kills the bad preacher and leaves our twink king to be with his own sexy shirtless kind
While its not 'good', man is it miles better and more entertaining than the first 20 hours of plot. At least this is campy and fun.
The whole taking back thr throne plot should have been cut way way down.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

And then use 600 gold for each additional character.

You get two power passes I mean come on.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i am still having so much fun in this game! i love how everything you do, no matter what, it helps your characters/account in some way. don't feel like doing grinding?? fine! run around and collect things and do silly quests.... want to be mega hardcore? do a bunch of hard content! that is so nice to have those options and all of it actually matters, even if it is a smaller percentage.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I've given this a good try but the queues on EU for the goon guild are absolutely atrocious and connecting that to hourly quests for stronghold and dailies you should do, I'm losing the will to play at level 30 or so. The combat is nice and fluid and the occasional set piece is great but I shouldn't need to plan my whole life around this game to even play it. Hopefully the new servers alleviate some queues but I am very much doubtful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah there is just so much to do in this game and I love it because it hits the feel good spot in my lizard brain.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah there is just so much to do in this game and I love it because it hits the feel good spot in my lizard brain.

I fuckin love smashing the gently caress out of random idiots, and almost everything seems to be based around that which is nice

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Is there an actual difference between Magick and Elemental gear? Jewelry from the Chaos vendor in this case.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

kliras posted:

Is there an actual difference between Magick and Elemental gear? Jewelry from the Chaos vendor in this case.

I think you can only have one of each named item equipped so it's just for the sake of being able to fill both slots.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Having a great time queueing for multiple hours to play on EU servers, and then not being able to do any instanced endgame content as the instance servers are completely hosed and just don't let you in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaddish posted:

You get two power passes I mean come on.

All character slots filled! :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wish guardians just got more dangerous instead of becoming HP bricks. 15 minute fights aren't fun.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Sindai posted:

I wish guardians just got more dangerous instead of becoming HP bricks. 15 minute fights aren't fun.

Just fought one for 15 minutes then died. He still had half health.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lorem ipsum posted:

I know crystalline aura has a bunch of stuff on it but is anything on it actually useful other than the +2 bifrost slots? I kinda don't understand why I would pay for it.

Plus it lets you use your pet to repair gear and access your stash in the field.
And the +1 rapport actions is presumably nice if you get the ignea token brainworms and are trying to max out npc rapport in a region to 100% its adventurer tome, since that's heavily realtime gated.
(You get a skill point potion for collecting 8 ignea tokens from 100%ing 8 continents so if you want to have an ~optimal build~ you will eventually need to suffer through that crap).

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I just spend 30 mins beating the poo poo out of a barricade to get behind it to loot 3 seeds.

The barricade re-spawned almost instantly after it went down. Holy poo poo what a troll. Mokoko Seed life boys.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I got to the barricade just after it was broken and respawned again, luckily three people "trapped" inside thought they had to help me break it to escape instead of just using a waypoint to teleport out.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

"Man sorry your surrogate father died. Anyway here's fantasy-metal-wonderwall."

This story rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hopefully by the time the steam deck is really rolled out this game fully supports 16:10 because it kinda doesn’t right now. There are black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Forcing it to 720 fixes it but is far from idea for a 16:10 screen.