Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I’m so sorry, Shifty. Sadie is the absolute best. :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

I would like to show you my cat.

Her name is Sadie.

She is not good at hiding.

She likes sunbeams a lot.

She is confused by the fruit of A. comosus.

She sends mixed messages.

She acts like she wants a fist bump but gets annoyed if you do it.

She also shows off her floof but gets grumpy if you nuzzle it.

Sadie. She is a cat. I love her very much :3:

page 7000 gonna quote some Sadie

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
oh nooooo i'm so sorry SP

:smith: she is a great kitty cat and thank you for sharing her with us

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
please tell sadie kitty i love her very much

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm sorry! Sadie is beautiful

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

computer angel posted:

Aw Sadie. Tuxedo cats go to a more formal cat heaven that they've been dressed for their entire lives.

Thinking of you and your family today, Pony.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
for sadie

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

spoiler for sad news:

Sadie's upper respiratory infection is back, extremely bad. She never has been able to regain any weight from the last bout which brought her right to the edge of not making it, and now isn't eating again. Then this morning she somehow hurt her front leg badly, it can't bear any weight. She's had a weak back leg for a while and as a result she really can't walk at all. when she tries the cries.

She's been getting weaker for a while now, and seems to be uncomfortable more and more often. It is clear where things are going and I don't want her to hurt anymore, so it's time.

I told her and myself that the next time I had to bring her into the vet (instead of normal vet appointments which are house calls) would be the last. that's this afternoon.

she's resting in fr warms now, probably will stay there until this afternoon.

Sorry to hear about that, Sadie was one of the best cats.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

This is what happens when your cat is mad and ignoring you for giving her joint pain medicine but refuses to lay anywhere but her little bed in the centre of the house.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Oh no, Sadie. The Dangle And Pancake Master

"WHO TURNED UP THE GRAVITY"

I will always remember her with quips of that sort.

Really sorry, Pony :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oliver discovered cat grass today. We may never go back to the before times

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Sadie was my favorite yoscatte. The purr videos always made me happy.
All good things must come to an end :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJVYgqBbiQ

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 16, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Shifty Pony posted:

spoiler for sad news:

Sadie's upper respiratory infection is back, extremely bad. She never has been able to regain any weight from the last bout which brought her right to the edge of not making it, and now isn't eating again. Then this morning she somehow hurt her front leg badly, it can't bear any weight. She's had a weak back leg for a while and as a result she really can't walk at all. when she tries the cries.

She's been getting weaker for a while now, and seems to be uncomfortable more and more often. It is clear where things are going and I don't want her to hurt anymore, so it's time.

I told her and myself that the next time I had to bring her into the vet (instead of normal vet appointments which are house calls) would be the last. that's this afternoon.

awwww sadie :smith:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

spoiler for sad news:

I'm so sorry :( Sadie's a good kitty.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm sorry shifty :(

Sadie, pro cat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sorry to hear about your cool kitty

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
:( I'm so sorry, Shifty.

Thanks for being such a good butler for her for all these years and giving her life full of love, pompoms and entirely too much gravity

strawberrymousse
Jul 13, 2012

BEHOLD, THE DRAMATIC REVEAL!
RIP all the beautiful yoscattes we've lost. I have enjoyed looking at all of you and thinking "hell yeah I would pet that cat". 2022 why are you like this :smith:

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

strawberrymousse posted:

RIP all the beautiful yoscattes we've lost. I have enjoyed looking at all of you and thinking "hell yeah I would pet that cat". 2022 why are you like this :smith:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

44 posts in the Cat Thread? Oh, that can't be...

Oh. :(

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm very sorry, Pony. Thank you for giving Sadie a great life and for sharing her with us.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I would like to show you my cat.

Her name was Sadie.

She was not good at hiding.

She liked sunbeams a lot.

She was confused by the fruit of A. comosus.

She sent mixed messages.

She acted like she wanted a fist bump but got annoyed if you did it.

She also showed off her floof but got grumpy if you nuzzled it.

Sadie. She was a cat.

I love her very much.

Sadie
Aug 2007 - Feb 2022

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rest In Purrs Sadie, a pro catte

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Rest In Purrs Sadie

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

RIP Sadie, a very grumpy cat :cry:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:sadwave:

Last couple of months have been brutal for yoscattes.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Rest In Purrs Sadie, a pro catte

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

gently caress SNEEP posted:

RIP Sadie, a very grumpy cat :cry:

Sadie was one of the first cats I really followed here and the thread is emptier for it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RIP Sadie, a good catte

i like to think all the passed yoscattes are running around being grumpy at each other

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I'll miss Sadie. She was magnificently grumpy.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Pony, and I'm very glad you shared her with us.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

RIP Sadie, I'm so sorry Pony. She couldn't have asked for a better life.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I am so sorry, Pony. Sadie was, and always will be, magnificent and you were the absolute best cat butler. She will live on forever in this thread, and our hearts.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed Sadie. hearing that helps.

my views on death are oddly (nerdily) enough pretty shaped by Sir Terry Pratchett's writing in one of the Discworld novels: No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away, until the clock wound up winds down, until the wine she made has finished its ferment, until the crop they planted is harvested. The span of someone’s life is only the core of their actual existence.

sadie might not be with me anymore but she's still with me in another way that really matters.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Also I filed the original cat calendar with the library of congress so maybe one day some archivist will stumble across some rad cat art and say "whoa that kitty got a good dangle"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think that's a good philosophy, and I know Sadie will be remembered and loved, by your household and by a lot of us Internet cat weirdos.

Also, if I were a future archivist I'd be delighted to run into the catlendar, so good work there

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'm so sorry, I always loved seeing Sadie updates, grumps, dangles, and happy noisy brushings. RIP to a pro cat and thank you for sharing her with us.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

Also I filed the original cat calendar with the library of congress so maybe one day some archivist will stumble across some rad cat art and say "whoa that kitty got a good dangle"

this is awesome and thanks for sharing sadie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Goodness, it's awful dusty in here. Condolences Shifty, Sadie was a wonderful cat and I'm grateful you shared her with us.