Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Frosted Flake posted:

poo poo has gotten about a thousand times louder this last hour with honking and what sounds like fireworks or other pyrotechnics. What’s going on down there?

tyranny, according to them :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

all the people blaming justin for this are morons. the bear of canada is emerging from his cave. it may be only february but he's still hungry and his teeth are sharp

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

drat horror queefs posted:

He's right :shrug:

He has no moral high ground on the issue of association with nazis but neither does the scumbag zionist tory

Yeah, Trudeau also stands with nazis (Chrystia Freeland)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Karach posted:

if Brown was saying "well, it seems like there is a sizable chunk of the population that expresses some level of support for the protests. we should have a conversation about that," that would be one thing. but on the podcast and apparently still on twitter, he seems to be trying to say that well, actually, the protest does represent the Average Salt of the Earth Canadian, because look at this vague summary of a poll!

he already got shouted down on the podcast, and I imagine his inbox is bursting with "gently caress you" messages, so idk what the point of this is, except maybe to alienate subscribers.

I assume he's still reeling from grimes's mom two weeks ago saying "actually this is a tiny protest and of little interest to canadians" which seems like an even stupider take.

but it would be nice if Mr. Canadian Media Critic read past the headline before commenting

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Why is Freeland a nazi? That's come up a few times which seems to be around Ukraine being heavily right wing

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ilmucche posted:

Why is Freeland a nazi? That's come up a few times which seems to be around Ukraine being heavily right wing

Her grandfather helped the SS kill jews.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ilmucche posted:

she's a pretty hardcore ukranian nationalist and part of our foreign policy is funding and providing materiel to actual honest to goodness neonazi groups in ukraine. but also, she regularly speaks about the positive impact her grandfather had on forming her politics, how he was persecuted and forced to flee to canada. what she neglects to mention is he was a nazi collaborator who took over a jewish owned paper and printed nazi propaganda. this is very well documented, and she is fully aware of it.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 00:06 on Feb 17, 2022

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
but like, it’s also about all the Ukrainien Nazis and SS officers Canada took in after WW2 which she is but one small part of

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

ilmucche posted:

the parts of Ukraine we support certainly are. The actual circumstances on the ground will find the majority of Ukrainians largely unconcerned with Russia or ideological politics (or pro reconciliation) but that gets absolutely no play in our media for some reason

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick
also not a great look for her to be so heavily involved in all that WEF/Davos stuff either when it's basically a money cult with a concept of a superior "davos" man, youth programs to groom future leaders, and they sell environmental wunderwaffe/greenwashing. Same watered down propaganda structure

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/mrpaulbae/status/1494042904238518272?s=21

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

:canada:
I wish I could buy him a beer

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Piquai Souban posted:

The organizers are holding a press conference now asking for people to come to Ottawa right away /and bring their kids/.

everyone wants to be a martyr these days, especially when you can livestream it

Didn't know Ricky lived in Ottawa now

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

the eagles shirt makes it perfect. EDP would get this whole mess sorted in no time.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

this is the best ricky impression ive ever seen

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/thomasdaigle/status/1493951753900941318?s=20&t=LlgVRcjTxc5bLdwlodtnwQ

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

"How dare you say that" lol

Conservatives are a bunch of loving babies

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Only thing the queen is negotiating with is her own internal monologue as to the most dignified expression she can maintain when her withered supperating heart finally gives out and she dies gasping for air

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/DrSChouinard/status/1493780125522956299

ha ha, yes, create more long overdue existential crises of faith!

I can't wait to hear the Economist's take (and I probably will from the avid readers in my family :rolleye:)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BGrifter posted:

the eagles shirt makes it perfect. EDP would get this whole mess sorted in no time.

Edp is a disgusting pedophile, I take no pleasure in reporting this

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/IrreverentErik/status/1493955754600157189

lol libertarians

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/DrSChouinard/status/1493780125522956299

ha ha, yes, create more long overdue existential crises of faith!

I can't wait to hear the Economist's take (and I probably will from the avid readers in my family :rolleye:)

Before anyone tried to say this is just more ignorant americans talking about Canada when they know nothing about canada, this is what American media has been doing for decades now. It's all consent manufacturing, they've been fomenting the right wing uprising forever because it sure beats having leftists accomplish anything. So they know exactly what they are doing trying to portray these brave patriot truckers fighting a tyrannical king.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Chairman Xi, please free my nation and return to our people the right to insurance polices and bank accounts :pray:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I just heard 'BlocKKK Redneckois' and lol'd, but 'Truck Haul Putsch' is still the best one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

its true justin trudeau has suspended every canadian's bank account

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

She’s right there just go knock on the door of her RV

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Arivia posted:

She’s right there just go knock on the door of her RV

:discourse:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
the Ottawa police board meeting now is nuts when they came back from in camera

https://youtu.be/UCpkA_3_gpU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Asproigerosis posted:

Edp is a disgusting pedophile, I take no pleasure in reporting this

wow, that sucks. thank you for saying something.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Piquai Souban posted:

you know the term "righteous fury" gets thrown around alot but, holy poo poo. whoever that woman was deserves an oscar for that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

this is wild lol

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

thunderspanks posted:

you know the term "righteous fury" gets thrown around alot but, holy poo poo. whoever that woman was deserves an oscar for that.

likely former journalist Carol Anne Meehan - overall bad politics and my councillor - but she and others are getting knifed hard her

Rawlson King deserves better for sure

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Piquai Souban posted:

likely former journalist Carol Anne Meehan - bad politics but she and others are getting knifed hard here

I backed the stream up, Councillor Mckenney, right before Meehan

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

At least Chapo had a good take one it

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

A Russian troll farm posted:

At least Chapo had a good take one it

They actually bothered to speak to a Canadian leftist, the guy from Wolf Parade.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I wish I knew who each councillor was but even with no context this Ottawa city meeting is bonkers

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

:lol:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:umberto:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

here's a respected Global news reporter retweeting the spokeswoman of the taxpayers federation who is falsely implying that Trudeau is the reason BC has carbon taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Elizabeth May please log off