Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
i live in a country where taking time off isn't a big deal and it unlocks at 7 PM. hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
Unlocks at 5pm for me, I know what I'm doing after work. :dance:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Through circumstances entirely outside of my control, my in-office days got swapped from Th & F to M & Tu this week :yotj:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I already booked in my full allotment of rostered days off for Elden Ring but I'm working from home tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if people I call on the phone hear a gentle clicking in the background and I inexplicably become unavailable at 2pm.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
My boss and I talk warhams at least a couple times per month. He told me if I submitted for time off for Thursday/Friday, he’d approve it. We also have plans for the 3-player Kislev campaign, along with a coworker who we got hooked on tww2.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm considering going to bed early just to wake up at 1am and play this game

e: I made the decision to struggle doing freelance/commissioned work instead of work a 9-5 last year specifically for moments like this :c00l:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 17, 2022

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I've just got the bad feeling that CA'll goof up the release times like they sometimes do. Would be worth it to relive the Bretonnia Meltdown, though.

yeah I'm US and am not gonna do some weird midnight thing - best case it's playable tomorrow AM. I do not have work :getin:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I still need to pick up an external ssd, so I don't mind waiting a couple more days.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I've just got the bad feeling that CA'll goof up the release times like they sometimes do. Would be worth it to relive the Bretonnia Meltdown, though.

I haven't heard of this. What's the "Bretonnia Meltdown?"

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 17, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Without fail, I swear to god, every time a game releases that I'm interested in I get a full day of meetings that I can't be absent from. At least I finish at 4 I guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Ok, lets get in our last bets for what major bugs are gonna be in at launch as this is a CA title.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

Ok, lets get in our last bets for what major bugs are gonna be in at launch as this is a CA title.

1. Income generating buildings generate half of their listed income.

2. Cavalry hosed up in a different way than normal.

3. Computer computes diplomacy with other computer controlled nations in such a way that they are at perpetual war with each other at all times.

4. At least one unit does somewhere between double and ten times the amount of damage it is supposed to.

5. Major quest trigger for end game content fails to trigger on computers using AMD processors.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

I'm gonna put my money on the good old "ai runs around aimlessly in front of your towers" bug that finds its way into every single TW game.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

slaanesh units accidentally have two boobs

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Marin Karin posted:

slaanesh units accidentally have two boobs

loving unplayable. I’m refunding this dumpster fire.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ogres, my lord

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ogres, my lord
Kislev.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

it's honestly going to be weird not hearing that every time you click on them

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 17, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This one was in all the pre-release early build videos I saw and I bet it's still there; Pathfinding is completely broken in battles, especially siege and settlement battles on the new more complicated maps where you can dynamically place defenses. Units will often just stop moving in the middle of a movement because an easily-traversed hill was in their way. The AI does things like take the long route around your settlement (which is covered more in arrow-shooting towers than normal) to walk through the back door when their actual order was to walk 100 feet forward to the center of town.

edit: Yep:

Dramicus posted:

I'm gonna put my money on the good old "ai runs around aimlessly in front of your towers" bug that finds its way into every single TW game.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 17, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ogres, my lord

Every turn, forever

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dr Christmas posted:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kazzah posted:

Every turn, forever

And it gets slightly louder each time. Except it's not a bug. Someone needs to mod the Ogre end-turn chime to this.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dr Christmas posted:

if I'm remembering right, CA's launcher that they use to dispense free DLC got overloaded and didn't work for hours/days when Bretonnia came out

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You can experience the Brettonia meltdown for yourself here in this thread:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191705/bretonnia-early-access-technical-issues/

Just skip to like page 27 if all you want to read is mad nerds:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191705/bretonnia-early-access-technical-issues/p27

It was the first time CA tried using TW Access to dispense DLC, and some people who had preordered TW2 accidentally received regular DLC codes for the TW1 Bretonnia DLC instead of early access DLC codes (so they got it the same day as everyone else instead of the day before) and they were very mad about it

quote:

Flame me all you want for saying this, but I demand that we will get a new flc, it doesn't need to be something big, a single hero or even unit for any faction will do.

I took the day off only to enjoy Bretonnia and this is what I get, so please forgive me if I'm taking this seriously.

And here was CA's statement about it at the end - the entire thread is full of people making totally wack analogies, like saying that getting their free DLC on the same day as everyone else instead of one day early was like ordering a steak dinner at a restaurant and not being served the steak, or someone borrowing and crashing your brand new car:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191758/guys-im-really-sorry-we-messed-up-the-early-access#latest

quote:

GUYS, I'M REALLY SORRY WE MESSED UP THE EARLY ACCESS.
Bart_CABart_CAFebruary 2017 edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

EDIT - a fix for those who got the key early = If you got the key early and are locked out, here's how you can fix it: In Steam, click Help, Steam Support, click TW:W, click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account", select Bretonnia, confirm. This will remove the Bretonnia DLC from your account, at which point you can acquire a new key from Access.

I’m really sorry that we are more than 3 hours late with the start of the Early Access for Bretonnia, it should be up and working now if you visit your Total War Access Dashboard (https://dashboard.totalwar.com).

There’s a chance you might still run into trouble if you were one of the people who grabbed a key already, right when we went live originally. This may mean that you are blocked from getting a new one (Steam thinks you already have it) and will have to wait till the official go-live time tomorrow at 4pm to get it working. Though we are working with Valve to see if we can sort this out faster for you.

I can only apologise if that’s the case, I’m really sorry that you will have to wait a bit longer, especially when you must have been so keen to grab it. I am extremely disappointed that we let you down and turned something cool into a massive pain in the arse.

What went wrong:

What happened earlier today was that we pressed the go button a little earlier than 4pm GMT to flush out any bugs and found a big one; Access was dishing out some codes that didn’t give early access, these would just download Bretonnia as normal tomorrow at the full release time.

So we quickly turned off the button in the dashboard that granted keys until we could figure out what was going on. Thankfully, it only took us a couple of hours to secure fresh, correct keys and load them into the system. So all should now be fine and the keys will unlock Bretonnia early as intended.

So why bother?:

You might rightly wonder why we’re going to all this trouble, to frankly just annoy people as it might seem.

We’re testing Total War Access at the moment, but the idea long-term is to create an account that connects you with our official website and forums and gives you a bunch of free Total War stuff over time. In return we get your email address so we can contact you (if you let us, you can decide not to).

Of course, we’re intending it to be a good thing, and this was supposed to be a neat test of it, so clearly I’m pretty annoyed that it’s not got off to the best start and I’m furious we’ve let you, our biggest fans, down.

Even for those guys having to wait till official launch time tomorrow to play, we do hope you enjoy Bretonnia in the end. A huge amount of work and love went into it, so we hope you have a great time with it in the end and that makes up a bit for the false start today.

I am crushed it got off to such a bad start, my apologies again from me and the team here.

Bart_CA

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 17, 2022

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I was a lot more annoyed by the Norsca thing than the bretonnia thing. i did melt down in the old thread over that.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Tell me the super secret technique that will unlock this for me before 3am EST so I can play before I crash, TELL ME NOW

Levin fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 17, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Levin posted:

Tell me the super secret technique that will unlock this for me before 3am EST so I can play before I crash, TELL ME NOW

There is none. That's the secret. It's a global release, we just have to wait. :smith:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does it unlock in 3 hours or 27 hours and do I want to play Cathay or the big red demon guy or the make your own demon guy?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I'm subscribed to Legend and click his videos occasionally but man is his affect fuckin annoying sometimes

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does it unlock in 3 hours or 27 hours and do I want to play Cathay or the big red demon guy or the make your own demon guy?

It unlocks in 2.75 hours, in eastern Australia, dunno about the rest of the world

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Same time everywhere.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It will never unlock, this was all a ruse. Also none of the above, you will play as overtyrant Greasus and be grateful for the privilege.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

My game just started unpacking, maybe it's unlocking early?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Alctel posted:

My game just started unpacking, maybe it's unlocking early?

Same here.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Randarkman posted:

Same here.

May be able to get a couple of hours before bed at this rate!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Hmm, it's unpacking for me now. I thought it wasn't for another couple of hours. Or does steam unpack early now?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is this game compatible with SFO

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Mine's unpacking too:wink:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Hell yeah, I'm in and playing it, it unlocked early

lets goooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
oh poo poo unpacking, does this mean we can play when it finishes?