Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Yeah, new place would be similar, slightly more stable, way easier work then what I'm doing now, and pay probably $30k more. Buddy of mine got a job there 6 months ago and he's been raving about it.

If I don't leave, that's fine, but this opportunity seems perfect for my lazy rear end to coast to retirement in.

Hell yes. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Cool, cool. I pretty much only applied because a buddy talked this one up. It's a weird situation to be sure.

....Microwave?

Goddamn :lol:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What type of dog makes the best companion for a beach bum?

The technical answer is of course all of them in a first place tie.

Thinking a dachshund in a Hawaiian shirt would be cute. And pitties wearing straw hats are always a crowd pleaser.

I am putting in a vote for a greyhound, so they can do killer full throttle 6th gear rips down the beach for five minutes and then derp-snooze next to you for the rest of the day :3:

I miss my greyhound :smith:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Anyone got any recommendations for sheets? I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond years ago but what they have in the stores now is mostly crap I haven't liked (They discontinued my old ones that ripped :argh:), and I'm trying to look into different stuff aside from the result overload on places like Amazon.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fartknocker posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for sheets? I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond years ago but what they have in the stores now is mostly crap I haven't liked (They discontinued my old ones that ripped :argh:), and I'm trying to look into different stuff aside from the result overload on places like Amazon.

I have sets from both Brooklinen and Parachute which we like a lot. They’re probably doing a Presidents Day sale which is good because they’re :20bux:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think it's a rule that bed sheets have to be comically expensive retail price and eternally on sale for 70% off.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My county just announced they're rolling back vaccine mandates indoors in restaurants / gyms, etc. and all signs pointing to our governor ending the indoor mask mandate, open er up!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Glumslinger posted:

Taking time off from working hard to ski in Tahoe. We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday

HIGH FIVE SNOWBOARD/SKI BUDDIES!!

I'm just about to clock out and get up there (Big Bear, not Tahoe) for five days. gently caress real life. Snowboarding is all

seiferguy posted:

My county just announced they're rolling back vaccine mandates indoors in restaurants / gyms, etc. and all signs pointing to our governor ending the indoor mask mandate, open er up!!!

Nevada did that recently and it was like a switch flipped. All the sudden almost no one wearing masks, the people at my favorite taqueria aren't wearing masks anymore, no one in my office wears masks, etc. It sucks. I thought people were a LITTLE smarter than that but I guess all it takes is big brother telling you there's no longer anything to worry about.

I will keep wearing masks in any crowded/indoor space. I don't give a gently caress what the government says, I'm going by the numbers and my desire to not get long covid, which is legit loving up a really good buddy of mine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m guessing, but I’d say 70% are only wearing masks because they have to. Probably another 10-15% will stop wearing them because what’s the point of wearing a mask if no one else is. The rest will keep wearing them.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Spoeank posted:

Living oceanside DP when I had the chance was one of the best decisions I've ever made

Miss u bby

Love the annual CC student falling off the cliff and random people walking into my house to use the bathroom.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

....Microwave?

wow that's a deep cut

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

....Microwave?

I also though about that immediately

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank posted:

Living oceanside DP when I had the chance was one of the best decisions I've ever made

Miss u bby

What’s DP?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

....Microwave?

:pervert:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Just started my first non-tutorial game in CK3, went with the Italian Duke of Apolia, forget his name. It’s not bad but man, everyone in Italy loving hates my Norman guts

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Double penetration Del Playa, the most kickin' rad party street in the good ol' USA.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m guessing, but I’d say 70% are only wearing masks because they have to. Probably another 10-15% will stop wearing them because what’s the point of wearing a mask if no one else is. The rest will keep wearing them.

To be fair, this is how I mostly feel. If literally no one else is wearing them, then what's the point of me doing so? They just pulled the requirement to do so at work, and about the only other place that requires it is a doctor's office around here.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I'm still going to wear mine for the foreseeable future, I have a bunch of the wirecutter pick enros that test at N95 level but are very comfortable so I am still filtering my own incoming air reasonably well even if nobody else is wearing one.'

Until the kids can get vaxxed don't want to be the one to bring it home.

The new data showing the risk of long covid is basically non-existent for people who are vaccinated and boosted does give me hope for a flu-like future where you get your boosters and then if you get it it sucks for a day or two but the risk of lingering effects is very low.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 17, 2022

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fartknocker posted:

Costco. They have nice cotton sheets with high thread count at decent prices on the reg.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

fartknocker posted:

LL Bean's pima cotton sheets are great, and they have held up very well for me

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/113446?page=pima-cotton-percale-sheet-set

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

I use these sheets and they're absolutely amazing, albeit a bit expensive:

https://laylasleep.com/product/layla-bamboo-sheets/

Be aware they're bamboo and you have to wash them on delicate load. Ideally, have another pair or sheets to swap them between so you get a little extra life out of them too.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Qwijib0 posted:

I'm still going to wear mine for the foreseeable future, I have a bunch of the wirecutter pick enros that test at N95 level but are very comfortable so I am still filtering my own incoming air reasonably well even if nobody else is wearing one.'

Until the kids can get vaxxed don't want to be the one to bring it home.

The new data showing the risk of long covid is basically non-existent for people who are vaccinated and boosted does give me hope for a flu-like future where you get your boosters and then if you get it it sucks for a day or two but the risk of lingering effects is very low.

Now if only they'd get the loving littles started :rant:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I use Purple sheets. I have no idea what they are made of but they're super soft and comfortable!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

What data is that?

The research I’ve seen found that the chance of developing at least *some* long Covid sequelae continually increases over time. Regardless of vaccine or booster. The only reason the studies couldn’t conclude that it’s 100% long Covid after a certain amount of time is because the study had a relatively short time scope (because breakthrough Covid is relatively new).

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, this is how I mostly feel. If literally no one else is wearing them, then what's the point of me doing so? They just pulled the requirement to do so at work, and about the only other place that requires it is a doctor's office around here.

Yea, if I’m being honest, I’m in that group that if no one else is wearing them, I’m taking it off. Wearing a mask sucks and it’s not worth it being the lone person in the room with a mask. I don’t have N95s, so my cloth mask isn’t helping me at all. Even a lot of people who were good about wearing masks in 2020 are giving up because people are just tired of wearing the things, and I can’t really blame them.

I’m still good about wearing them in certain locations though. I know I’m not helping things, but I’m getting past the point of caring if no one else does.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
absolute unit alert

https://twitter.com/CBSSacramento/status/1493963567158251520

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Chicago needs a mauler like that at guard. Poles get it done

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I use Purple sheets. I have no idea what they are made of but they're super soft and comfortable!

Do you ever find that non-Purple sheets are juuust a little too small for a Purple mattress of the (supposedly) same size? The corners of our fitted sheets won't stay on but I like my flannel in the winter :(

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Do you ever find that non-Purple sheets are juuust a little too small for a Purple mattress of the (supposedly) same size? The corners of our fitted sheets won't stay on but I like my flannel in the winter :(

Literally never tried, lol. I tried the set that came with my mattress and ended up just getting a few more so I'm all Purpled out now

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

What data is that?

The research I’ve seen found that the chance of developing at least *some* long Covid sequelae continually increases over time. Regardless of vaccine or booster. The only reason the studies couldn’t conclude that it’s 100% long Covid after a certain amount of time is because the study had a relatively short time scope (because breakthrough Covid is relatively new).

This study, and it's not even boosted apparently, just 2 doses.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.01.05.22268800v2

quote:

Results We included 951 infected and 2437 uninfected individuals. Of the infected, 637(67%) were vaccinated. The most commonly reported symptoms were; fatigue (22%), headache (20%), weakness (13%), and persistent muscle pain (10%). After adjusting for follow-up time and baseline symptoms, those who received two doses less likely than unvaccinated individuals to report any of these symptoms by 64%, 54%, 57%, and 68% respectively, (Risk ratios 0.36, 0.46, 0.43, 0.32, p<0.04 in the listed sequence). Those who received two doses were no more likely to report any of these symptoms than individuals reporting no previous SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, if I’m being honest, I’m in that group that if no one else is wearing them, I’m taking it off. Wearing a mask sucks and it’s not worth it being the lone person in the room with a mask. I don’t have N95s, so my cloth mask isn’t helping me at all. Even a lot of people who were good about wearing masks in 2020 are giving up because people are just tired of wearing the things, and I can’t really blame them.

I’m still good about wearing them in certain locations though. I know I’m not helping things, but I’m getting past the point of caring if no one else does.

Have you caught Covid?

Your perspective on wearing masks might change after you’ve experienced Covid. But maybe not!

I am in disbelief that you are still using only a cloth mask.

What a world we live in.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

This study, and it's not even boosted apparently, just 2 doses.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.01.05.22268800v2

Neat ty for sharing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I saw a dude at IKEA a couple of weeks ago with the full-on respirator, cartridges at all. Much respect, though I forgot to ask him for his SA handle :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Not Purple sheets or mattress but I feel your pain, I just got a new sheet set from Target and the fucker just will not stay on :mad:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

I saw a dude at IKEA a couple of weeks ago with the full-on respirator, cartridges at all. Much respect, though I forgot to ask him for his SA handle :v:

After catching the Covid, I am now always strapped with the 3M full respirators :cool:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Double penetration Del Playa, the most kickin' rad party street in the good ol' USA.

Yer goddamn right it is

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I am in disbelief that you are still using only a cloth mask.

What a world we live in.

There are, uh, a lot of people wearing cloth masks. A lot of people are not wearing masks at all, especially now.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

fsif posted:

There are, uh, a lot of people wearing cloth masks. A lot of people are not wearing masks at all, especially now.

Yeah but most of them aren’t goons.

It’s like finding out someone in TFF is a libertarian.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Covid is no joke and the fact that people aren't adequately protecting themselves should be more incentive to do so for yourself. The vaccines are great for wild type and delta, but they aren't effective against omicron.

I caught omicron from someone I live with and it knocked me on my rear end and kept me in bed for a full week. Thankfully I have no long covid symptoms, though many aren't so lucky. I would hate to be responsible for catching it at work and putting my loved ones in danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You’re the first person I’ve heard of who was knocked out from omicron. Tons of folks i know caught it but it was very very tame. All vaxxed tho