Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

reignofevil posted:

This is unquestionably the most effort a wrestler has ever put in for the entire span of human history to convince a company to let them drop their comedy facepaint gimmick.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ok so that’s rampage competition

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Bring back TJP's theme (not him) for LEVEL UP

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bold of Cody to go head to head

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

bold of Cody to go head to head

rampage is at 7 this week

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vertical Lime posted:

rampage is at 7 this week

what a coward, that cody

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wwe: same poo poo different graphic

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Saw it mentioned in a discord but I sure hope we get a CGI of Cody's tattoo when he shows up

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

Saw it mentioned in a discord but I sure hope we get a CGI of Cody's tattoo when he shows up

Oh wow. You totally will.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

TK refused to give Cody a giant CGI logo so he had no choice but to return to Vince

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

i havent watched an episode of this poo poo in years but ill turn it on if codys gonna do something

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
According to Big Dave the biggest issue for Cody was having to cede booking to Tony Khan over his own segments. Cody was not willing to let someone else control the Codyverse, and it actually kind of fits because the rest of AEW when something doesnt land they just move on. When Codyverse stuff doesn't land it was like they kept doing it to try and make it work (which we mistook for Cody being a metaheel rather than sincerely desiring to be loved, when he was loved so much they wanted to boo him).

This was a longwinded paragraph to note in response to losing booking control he went to WWE. Blink.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

According to Big Dave the biggest issue for Cody was having to cede booking to Tony Khan over his own segments. Cody was not willing to let someone else control the Codyverse, and it actually kind of fits because the rest of AEW when something doesnt land they just move on. When Codyverse stuff doesn't land it was like they kept doing it to try and make it work (which we mistook for Cody being a metaheel rather than sincerely desiring to be loved, when he was loved so much they wanted to boo him).

This was a longwinded paragraph to note in response to losing booking control he went to WWE. Blink.

As people noted, if he's resigned to not having control either way, then it comes down to numbers, and until the TV deal gets renewed, hopefully for like 4 -5 times the last one, TK seems to be being smart with the purse-strings. That's actually kind of important because it shows the vaunted 'WWE will trick Tony into overspending and kill AEW that way' strat won't work.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody is a sellout and a loser, but he's going to be richer than he is now, so fair fucks to him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

IDONTPOST posted:

i havent watched an episode of this poo poo in years but ill turn it on if codys gonna do something

you can just watch a streamable of his segment(s) and not subject yourself to 3 hours of ninjas chasing each other for the 24/7 and alexa bliss going to therapy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cody is going to go back to WWE, be treated like a big deal and then be beaten clean within a month before being ritually humiliated for having the temerity to start a rival. I know people want to say "well they're paying him loads of money so they won't waste him" like the company that rang a writer they fired multiple times because they thought he wasn't upset enough and also has more money than it knows what to do with isn't going to pay a load of money so they can make the effective avatar of The Enemy look like a loving dweeb.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Brock Lesnar's first match back in 10 years was losing to Cena, then losing to Triple H.

Just sayin'

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The scorpion asks the frog to be in Wrestlemania. The frog is afraid the scorpion will bury him but the scorpion argues if he does they both will be ruined. The frog then agrees but midway through Wrestlemania the scorpion rewrites the show and the frog loses to Madcap Moss.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

learning that cody wasnt doing some sort of insanely advanced meta post-wrestling storyline and just had a very unlikeable character that he kept trying to force into being a face has been akin to christmas for me

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

shiksa posted:

learning that cody wasnt doing some sort of insanely advanced meta post-wrestling storyline and just had a very unlikeable character that he kept trying to force into being a face has been akin to christmas for me

Same but like finding out that Santa isn't real.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Maduo posted:

The scorpion asks the frog to be in Wrestlemania. The frog is afraid the scorpion will bury him but the scorpion argues if he does they both will be ruined. The frog then agrees but midway through Wrestlemania the scorpion rewrites the show and the frog loses to Madcap Moss.

*points to sign*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Two silver-painted tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Brock Lesnar's first match back in 10 years was losing to Cena, then losing to Triple H.

Just sayin'

yeah and where are they now

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pylons posted:

Same but like finding out that Santa isn't real.

cody is going to go to wwe and be a not-over midcarder because he refused to listen to anyone who told him that the generational wealth guy who dresses like homelander and is getting booed out of most buildings should maybe turn heel lmfao

like hes gonna make a lot of money im sure but its really starting to feel like he played himself if he just goes back to wwe. obv the good option here is cody "does the work" and founds/buys his own company without anyone else that he can run all his goofy codyverse bullshit in unabated, but we'll see.

its just nice to know that i wasn't missing anything, it was just dumb bullshit that had gone way off the rails the whole time

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

shiksa posted:

cody is going to go to wwe and be a not-over midcarder because he refused to listen to anyone who told him that the generational wealth guy who dresses like homelander and is getting booed out of most buildings should maybe turn heel lmfao

like hes gonna make a lot of money im sure but its really starting to feel like he played himself if he just goes back to wwe. obv the good option here is cody "does the work" and founds/buys his own company without anyone else that he can run all his goofy codyverse bullshit in unabated, but we'll see.

its just nice to know that i wasn't missing anything, it was just dumb bullshit that had gone way off the rails the whole time

It's going to be hilarious his first month there when Bruce Pritchard tells him he has to turn heel

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody's promotion should just be him, the fiend, and the control the narrative crew filming cinematic matches in empty warehouses

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"Tony give me one last chance and I promise I can make this work."

"Ok Cody, we started this together, and I know the fans don't get it but they appreciate you. What's your idea?"

"We're going to have my wife come out, cut a promo insulting the town shes in, and then we send out Dan Lambert."

"Is Dan Lambert coming out to support her?"

"What? No, Dan Lambert is the heel and is coming out to attack Brandi."

"But Brandy is the heel."

"Brandi is the face."

"She's insulting the crowd!"

"She's the face because compared to Dan Lambert she's shades of grey."

"Cody if Dan Lambert comes out, a man with an established character and consistency, and attacks Brandi he will be cheered because people prefer consistent characterisation and understanding whats going on."

"Tony please, I promise this will work."

"... how will this end?"

"With Dan Lambert standing tall alongside Paige van Zant."

"Are you going to come out to save her?"

"No."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I want a raise."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Davros1 posted:

It's going to be hilarious his first month there when Bruce Pritchard tells him he has to turn heel

like, imagine a scenario where cody debuts as a fake face/tweener, shortly reveals himself as a total heel, and begins angling to take over the wwe under his own control through political maneuvering and scheming. it could be wwe's NWO angle and give them a chance to beg fans to stand up for wwe against the evil invader from down south who is trying to bully poor vince mcmahon out of his hard-earned business. it could be a years and roster-spanning angle that could maybe even make their project of turning roman mega face come true.

they'll probably make him a boat captain or something

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

Davros1 posted:

They probably won Cody over by telling him that they could play the cheering crowd noise over the boos.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

shiksa posted:

The minute he cut that tone deaf promo on Ogogo last summer I was out, talk about not reading the room. Everything after that was just all downhill for me.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

shiksa posted:

This is what it obviously was from the beginning. He did everything he could to be cheered like going through a flaming table or doing a crazy ladder match or having weird shoot promors or having his wife feud with Dan Lambert, the most hated guy in the company. But 2nd generation wealthy white meat all-American blond babyface is a really boring character in 2021. A Satanic kickboxer is a way cooler character than that, so how could you possibly root against him in that feud?

I'm not shocked at all that from the beginning, he wanted to be the most over beloved babyface hero on the roster.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 17, 2022

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

the funniest thing is he can't even go back to AEW without being a heel because he quit the anti-Fed promotion to go back to Vince. he's pretty much irreparably damaged his character into never being a face again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hefty Leftist posted:

the funniest thing is he can't even go back to AEW without being a heel because he quit the anti-Fed promotion to go back to Vince. he's pretty much irreparably damaged his character into never being a face again

I don't think he cares.

So was it that he wanted a package deal for him and Brandi for 25M for 5 years? The guy is 36, he would be 41, his kid will be 6, and he will likely retire with all that money stashed away.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

get cody in 2k22 before it's too late

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

a.lo posted:

yeah and where are they now

one is the peacemaker, the other is at peace

edit one is the peacemaker, the other is the pacemaker

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Not only did Cody play himself into losing his executive status in the company (not to mention his two other TV deals with Warner), he also played his wife into giving up her cushy office job where they at least had to try to book her in storylines/matches so they could go to WWE where they won't even have to attempt to use her in any way.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Drakkel posted:

Not only did Cody play himself into losing his executive status in the company (not to mention his two other TV deals with Warner), he also played his wife into giving up her cushy office job where they at least had to try to book her in storylines/matches so they could go to WWE where they won't even have to attempt to use her in any way.

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1494040743631073281
https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1494060816982806537

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Hopefully finally puts a dent in the Cody stans' image of him
https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1494029083734274051?s=21

Bugs bunny saying no

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
My thoughts on Cody leaving are "I'll miss Brandi"*

(*well, except for the times she tried to actually wrestle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Glad that in the WWE thread we don't have to pretend like Cody was playing us all like the smarks we are and instead have accepted that he was truly up in his own rear end the whole time.