Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lastgirl posted:

thats a co-opt

always was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

AHE-go to the polls

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

unfortunately it does not involve ice axes and rope

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"Can I even hang up like, a small landscape or something in here? I'll even just use command hooks if you'd pre-"

"No, we just painted."

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

Jones was the only Democratic senator to lose re-election in 2020.

His opponent was Tommy Tuberville. Doug Jones lost the election by 20 points.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

WampaLord posted:

"Undeterred, I continued posting" should be the quote for C-SPAM on the forums list

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

What the hell "faction" is wasbappin even in, they seem to hate literally everyone

the permabanned poster assadstomper58 faction

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
in the liberal (now entirely leftist, aka rightist)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Listen, I’m the most leftist person here, but even I accept that the King was empowered by God to rule for the benefit of all.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1493738041164406785?t=8oSJ0jyovyjw64KkqM0vfg&s=19

It's kind of funny that even with all the poo poo Ed Snowden has going on in his own life, Bruenig Derangement Syndrome still made an impression on him

The mark of the truly online I guess

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

m-w.com posted:

Sher·​pa | \ ˈsher-pə
, ˈshər- \
Definition of Sherpa

: a member of a Tibetan people living on the high southern slopes of the Himalayas in eastern Nepal and known for providing support for foreign trekkers and mountain climbers

First Known Use of Sherpa

1847, in the meaning defined above
could have just used "liaison". maybe it's because senators are in a wealthy demographic that might've used a timeshare in Aspen in their younger years

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah no poo poo maybe you should've fought trumps nominees you idiot

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

biden taking "tongue in rear end" action, a thread:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

AHE-go to the polls

Kamala is going to do the face in the 2024 campaign

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/mind_probiotic/status/1493967035793088518

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:histdowns:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

UPDATE: Pelosi is no longer bappin'

Joementum posted:

as insane as the bappster is (and he is insane) this is a level of Posting so high you simply have to admire it

:nsamad:

Ytlaya posted:

My only understanding is that it's a deeply pathetic (like in a way that is actually sad) parasocial thing, where people are paying just to hear the person say their user name and in the hopes that they'll briefly notice their messages.

:hmmyes:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

WampaLord posted:

There's some more gems in here than just the screenshot

"Undeterred, I continued posting" should be the quote for C-SPAM on the forums list

"leftist aka rightist" is also top tier

I think it gains from a few more words of context:
the liberal (now entirely leftist, aka rightist) mindscape

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's gonna be so cool that rightfully pointing out how BLM™ is now directly controlled by the democrats/the clintons is gonna get you labelled as a right-wing crank lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

yellowcar posted:

it's gonna be so cool that rightfully pointing out how BLM™ is now directly controlled by the democrats/the clintons is gonna get you labelled as a right-wing crank lol

And it took less than, what, 18 months? 12?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

loquacius posted:

What the hell "faction" is wasbappin even in, they seem to hate literally everyone

whatever faction it is it's clearly the correct one.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the bappster's entire worldview hinges on the lynchpin of the syrian civil war and ousting assad

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Wasbappin of course also has an anti-fascist racial hierarchy, as perfidious Axis races like the Han, Alawite and Russian peoples are genetically predisposed to fascism and must be treated accordingly

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Feb 17, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://mobile.twitter.com/halaljew/status/1073102103323860993

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yellowcar posted:

the bappster's entire worldview hinges on the lynchpin of the syrian civil war and ousting assad

the "who must go?" meme but the last panel is wasbappin becoming a bitter, cynical empty shell as Assad laughs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheBookN3rd/status/1494127350187012096

click this person's feed to see a nice meltdown

this post went up like an hour and a half ago and you have to scroll for like two solid minutes to find something on their feed that isn't furiously QTing a reply to it

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

A somethingawful user saying somebody's online username is weird is less like throwing a stone in a glass house and more like firing a howitzer straight up through the louvre

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

bedpan posted:

Also when is the war with Russia happening. I was told there was going to be a war.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1493978693097738242?s=20&t=F-O4T_e4N6TE6gmdCsukTg

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

he also rode a wyvern

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

yo wtf

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

holy loving lol

Also, this is exactly what the democratic party was designed for. Every wave of public anger that builds up inevitably crashes against the rocks of the national party and recedes. The leaders that don't take the money and disappear into the NGO complex are either blackballed or merked by the cops.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Well I guess now we know how Biden won over Pete's endorsement.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I don't buy it. No way Biden recalls anything anymore

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

god drat i loving hate america