Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mutata posted:

Ah, whoops! Forgot that part. Still, I'm expecting it to be a thing in the future.

Oh yeah, it's still a plot point ripe for the picking :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phenotype posted:

Oh yeah, this was my other lingering question (besides that hint from Elizabet about the true cause of the glitch). Is it ever explained why Rost was exiled? He seemed like a really stand-up guy, and I remember someone saying I'd have to ask the matriarchs, but I don't think I ever saw a follow-up to that.

You can ask one of the Matriarchs about it after leaving the lab in the mountain, and it is basically as el oso replied with.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rost also went into the Forbidden West so I’m definitely expecting some kind of flashback or improbable situation where he discovers a love for audiologging.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

exquisite tea posted:

Rost also went into the Forbidden West so I’m definitely expecting some kind of flashback or improbable situation where he discovers a love for audiologging.

On the one hand I feel like if he found an actual audio recording device he'd shun it for being of The Faithless Old Ones and thus Cursed, but then again during this time he considered himself already dead so who knows how strictly he followed tribal customs during that time.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Usually I'm not one for predictions, but I would cry ugly tears if there's a quest wherein Aloy uses her Focus to retrace Rost's steps, and there are tasteful echoes of him saying "Follow"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the best thing Rost ever did was explode, he was a tedious bastard even by the standards of the other caveman role players

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Horizon Zero

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Looking forward to playing this game on my PS4 for $10 cheaper. gently caress Ted Faro.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hopefully, there will be a moderately sized patch for the PS5 because I don’t wanna have to install another 90 GB game at 12:00 am.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ayo thursday gonna be the longest fuckin day ever.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Ps4 version fully preloaded to play while the ps5 upgrade finally downloads.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Ayo thursday gonna be the longest fuckin day ever.

I ordered a physical copy from PS Direct with release day delivery and work a half day on Friday. It's gonna be a long fuckin day.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Didn't bother installing the PS4 version, will download the PS5 version while working on Friday

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ace Transmuter posted:

I just learned that you can dye your armor and why hasn't this been front and center in every review

Because there's SO MUCH NEW STUFF that mentioning even most of it made at least my review an unreadable epic and I had to start trimming stuff.

But yeah, armor dyes! And the colours are lovely too, nice pastels and whatnot.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Because there's SO MUCH NEW STUFF that mentioning even most of it made at least my review an unreadable epic and I had to start trimming stuff.

But yeah, armor dyes! And the colours are lovely too, nice pastels and whatnot.

Who do you write for if you don’t mind me asking? I’d be interested in reading through your thoughts. I always try to throw clicks a goon’s way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe avoid Youtube if you care about spoilers, people are uploading stuff like the ending already

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't believe Sylens is actually Ted Faro

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RatHat posted:

Maybe avoid Youtube if you care about spoilers, people are uploading stuff like the ending already

Good call. :siren:PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS LEAKED STORY DETAILS:siren: itt either, even if they're in spoilers. Nobody wants to see it!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Game's out in NZ!
I worked on it for the last half year. Was a pretty great time, it feels really good to be a part of something people will enjoy!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

goblin week posted:

Game's out in NZ!
I worked on it for the last half year. Was a pretty great time, it feels really good to be a part of something people will enjoy!

Congrats!

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Is there a go to story recap video that people are using?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ColdIronsBound posted:

Random Side Quest is the definitive Horizon Lore channel and he has a 90-minute recap of everything leading up to Forbidden West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZreAuJwMZ8

goblin week posted:

Game's out in NZ!

Hey that's awesome!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ColdIronsBound posted:

There's an unskippable recap video at first boot that will more or less remind you what was going on in HZD! I can recite it from memory by now 😓

goblin week fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 17, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
edit: nvm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

goblin week posted:

Game's out in NZ!

Even if it's the same as the first game with a new coat of paint, I'm fine with it. Reviews seem to imply it's not but I'm hyped

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd better still have my hunters lodge weapons that I literally just earned a day or so ago lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Even if it's the same as the first game with a new coat of paint, I'm fine with it. Reviews seem to imply it's not but I'm hyped

It super isn't. I am baffled by how they managed to improve drat near everything in meaningful ways.

I suspect someone's made a deal with a devil.

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Who do you write for if you don’t mind me asking? I’d be interested in reading through your thoughts. I always try to throw clicks a goon’s way.

At this point I've posted enough videos from my channel to practically doxx myself anyway, so might as well go all the way. I write for a couple of Finnish publications these days as almost a hobby on the side of my day job. Here's my review in Finnish: https://www.v2.fi/arvostelut/pelit/3595/Horizon-Forbidden-West/

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 17, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am looking forward to actually being able to discuss stuff.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My friend just asked me to explain "gently caress Ted Lasso" to him.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

On the one hand I feel like if he found an actual audio recording device he'd shun it for being of The Faithless Old Ones and thus Cursed, but then again during this time he considered himself already dead so who knows how strictly he followed tribal customs during that time.

Alternatively he's not aware of it. Like Aloy explores some ruin and finds a security feed and gets Rost muttering to himself wandering through the ruin tracking one of his targets unaware he's being recorded.

CobiWann posted:

lmao

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CobiWann posted:

We screaming “gently caress Ted Lasso” till the death of us. Though I’ll admit that Ted Lasso would have been a lot kinder when killing all the alphas. He probably would have given a motivational speech so moving that they would have begged him to suck all the air out of the room.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At this point I've posted enough videos from my channel to practically doxx myself anyway, so might as well go all the way. I write for a couple of Finnish publications these days as almost a hobby on the side of my day job. Here's my review in Finnish: https://www.v2.fi/arvostelut/pelit/3595/Horizon-Forbidden-West/

Great review! Is the fact that I’m entirely willing to go through the extra step of running a review through Google translate indicative of how stoked I am for this game? 14 hours to go!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Machine hunting is life!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I actually can't even play till tomorrow night but at least it's because I'll be super busy all day and away from the internet taunting me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luigi Thirty posted:

Looking forward to playing this game on my PS4 for $10 cheaper. gently caress Ted Faro.

Where did you find it for $50?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

We screaming “gently caress Ted Lasso” till the death of us. Though I’ll admit that Ted Lasso would have been a lot kinder when killing all the alphas. He probably would have given a motivational speech so moving that they would have begged him to suck all the air out of the room.

I could see Jason Sudekis playing Ted Faro live-action, or voicing him if Netflix did an animated adaptation.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
He's here
He's there
He's every-fuckin-where

Sy-leeeeeeens

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm wondering what fps it would have gotten on the ps4 pro if they just went with 4k native res instead of the checkerboard upscaling. Generally speaking I'm not a complainer of fps drops as much as things being blurry

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

haveblue posted:

Machine hunting is life!

Machine hunting is death! :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Can we play this at midnight in our respective time zones? I forget how console unlocks work :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Can we play this at midnight in our respective time zones? I forget how console unlocks work :haw:

Usually yes, but there's probably a day one patch and the unlock process to wait for