Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I like how they try to replicate the outdoor experience of snow blindness by searing your retinas with neon yellow paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
It hides the piss.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://icekingsfishingadventures.com/

A whole rear end Tiny House with hatches in the floor.

So.... what happens when the ice melts? They become houseboats?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

PhazonLink posted:

It hides the piss.

Pee is stored in the walls.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

They're on big skis or sleds so they can be towed off the ice before it gets too thin.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

We get schad thread crossover material

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
All you need to learn about ice fishing you can learn from

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

We get schad thread crossover material

Yeah sometimes this happens too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Finns prefer to accomplish their ice fishing cold and alone

Along with everything else, I'm told.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CrankStartMedia/status/1493795042183598097

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

As of February 11th, Michael Whitacre (mentioned in the article about Hudson) posted on Facebook thanking everyone for the support and that ice fishing at Hudson Springs Park has been restored. It looks like a public post; not blowing up his spot.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 11:44 on Feb 16, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Hygiene posted:

Finns prefer to accomplish their ice fishing cold and alone
Ice fishing is a Finnish euphemism for sexual contact?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like how they try to replicate the outdoor experience of snow blindness by searing your retinas with neon yellow paint.

My guess is that one of those dudes works for the highway department.

Also, aren’t ice fishing huts mostly for drinking and/or smoking weed with your friends while fishing? The “not being as cold” thing feels relegated to a side benefit in my experience.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Christ, what an ice hole

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, aren’t ice fishing huts mostly for drinking and/or smoking weed with your friends while fishing? The “not being as cold” thing feels relegated to a side benefit in my experience.

And prostitution. Don't forget the prostitution.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

assfishing

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AlbieQuirky posted:

Not any more than fishing itself is a side benefit to smoking weed and drinking with your friends.

Anyway depending on your whiteness you can generally drink as much as you want out of brown bags and smoke spliffs anywhere these days. Are you saying you'd forgo the hut to smoke out in the freezing cold if you were for sure not to be harassed by a ranger for drinking and smoking?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

zedprime posted:

Not any more than fishing itself is a side benefit to smoking weed and drinking with your friends.

Anyway depending on your whiteness you can generally drink as much as you want out of brown bags and smoke spliffs anywhere these days. Are you saying you'd forgo the hut to smoke out in the freezing cold if you were for sure not to be harassed by a ranger for drinking and smoking?

I’m going by my experience as a teen, tbh, when weed was illegal and they made a big deal out of public drinking in my state. But your point is well taken about fishing in general being a party time for most people.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ok it is a bit confusing to be honest

(That's the napkin on the right)

https://twitter.com/tracyanno/status/948683885222809601

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok but wouldn't you figure that out once you put it in your mouth? Like did he actually eat his napkin or just attempt to?

If the latter, who cares? If the former, it ain't the restaurant's fault.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
it's a restaurant, everything should be edible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

it's a restaurant, everything should be edible

Sent from my 5G chicken and waffles

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I actually had to look it up even after seeing the pic. It's the marshmallow looking thing on top of the... bondage rock (?) looking thing.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Viscous Soda posted:

bondage rock (?) looking thing.

lmao

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Just because they're traditionally done simultaneously doesn't mean they're the same activity.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That @wewantplates account is gold:

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/950805891820998656

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/1209521609406636039

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CarbieWarbie/status/1494265130183446529/photo/1

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thanks, I was looking for some easy listening recommendations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Can anyone explain the Catholic references in Cuntsaw or Bongzilla?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

*confused europeans sounds*

wat?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ok but wouldn't you figure that out once you put it in your mouth? Like did he actually eat his napkin or just attempt to?

If the latter, who cares? If the former, it ain't the restaurant's fault.

Went to a very nice restaurant last year for our anniversary. After dessert, pre-dinner cocktails and a shared bottle of wine, I did attempt to eat the napkin that was placed in something like the above.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I swear this was a joke in a movie...I think Spy with Melissa McCarthy. Like this exact "napkin looks like a marshmallow" thing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

So I can discusss all I want about Mannequin Pussy? Got it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Humerus posted:

I swear this was a joke in a movie...I think Spy with Melissa McCarthy. Like this exact "napkin looks like a marshmallow" thing.

Yeah, when she's at dinner with Jude Law's character.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cacafuego posted:

Went to a very nice restaurant last year for our anniversary. After dessert, pre-dinner cocktails and a shared bottle of wine, I did attempt to eat the napkin that was placed in something like the above.

Yeah but you figured it out before actually swallowing a fabric napkin right? That's what I'm saying, there's a world of difference between thinking a napkin might be food and then realizing it's not and managing to successfully consume a cloth dinner napkin.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tei posted:

*confused europeans sounds*

wat?

It’s probably a list for the students doing radio at a Catholic university. If they play Crucifucks, the station manager Mr. Blackbox gets an angry call from Father Donovan in the provost’s office.

Also, imagine kids today listening to Crucifucks records from literally forty years ago.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cacafuego posted:

I had the exact opposite happen to me.
I took a trip to Italy and they brought out what looked like white bath towels on silver trays and put them on the table. Then I realized each towel was actually about 20 lbs of fresh Mozzarella cheese and proceeded to have one of the most amazing meals of my life.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Samovar posted:

So I can discusss all I want about Mannequin Pussy? Got it.

Man I totally forgot about Preschool Tea Party Massacre. That’s a throwback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

AlbieQuirky posted:

It’s probably a list for the students doing radio at a Catholic university. If they play Crucifucks, the station manager Mr. Blackbox gets an angry call from Father Donovan in the provost’s office.

Also, imagine kids today listening to Crucifucks records from literally forty years ago.

Yeah that list is insane. Who the gently caress thought you maybe could play Rotting Christ?