Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Battery issues are luck of the draw, and affect every manufacturer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I use a Phillips CD-i controller. Works fine.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Inferior Third Season posted:

Battery issues are luck of the draw, and affect every manufacturer.

I’ve come back around to the idea that built-in rechargeable batteries are a mistake. I have one of the new XBox controllers, and it’s incredibly convenient to be able to replace the batteries when they run dry. It’s way better than having to plug the thing in.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

nrook posted:

I’ve come back around to the idea that built-in rechargeable batteries are a mistake. I have one of the new XBox controllers, and it’s incredibly convenient to be able to replace the batteries when they run dry. It’s way better than having to plug the thing in.

You people are insane

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I drop my DualSenses on the cradle when I go to bed and have two fully charged controllers every day for gaming. Charging cradle was $30, a pack of batteries at the store is like 8 for $12? I’m not a math guy but… I’m gonna bet you buy more than 3 packages of batteries for your Xbox over the course of a year or two? I really have no idea, though, I bought an Xbox one controller on sale and haven’t touched it because I refuse to buy non-rechargeable batteries lol

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I bought rechargeable AA batteries.

e: Which hollow knight character knows the most about batteries? I’m guessing soul master

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

My money's on Monomon, given that her archives are surrounded by electricity and her lumafly research illuminates the entire kingdom to this day.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Uumuu probably

Or Tuk, she seems like she'd have a bunch of old-rear end batteries laying around.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the 8bitdo pro 2 has a compartment where you can remove the rechargeable battery it comes with and use AAs instead, solving everybody's problems.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Collector might not know much about batteries but I also imagine him having a large amount of the second of a pair of AAs that's still got loads of juice in it because you had to switch the ones out of your remote control for the vcr into your wavebird and mixed them all up

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I drop my DualSenses on the cradle when I go to bed and have two fully charged controllers every day for gaming. Charging cradle was $30, a pack of batteries at the store is like 8 for $12? I’m not a math guy but… I’m gonna bet you buy more than 3 packages of batteries for your Xbox over the course of a year or two? I really have no idea, though, I bought an Xbox one controller on sale and haven’t touched it because I refuse to buy non-rechargeable batteries lol

So buy rechargeable battery packs for the Xbox controller?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I will when a single game I feel like playing comes out on PC

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you people use controllers?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

I will when a single game I feel like playing comes out on PC

You aren't playing the latest silksong build?

I.G.
Oct 10, 2000

Can someone give me a hint on what to do next to advance toward the "true" ending? I've freed the three dreamers and just picked up Void Heart.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I.G. posted:

Can someone give me a hint on what to do next to advance toward the "true" ending? I've freed the three dreamers and just picked up Void Heart.

Go defeat the hollow knight and then dream nail it once hornet shows up

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I.G. posted:

Git gud.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Comedy answer: enter godhome and clear all of the pantheons

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

your question was probably already answered by the above posts but i'll post this anyway just in case since i went through the prodigious effort of typing it out.

Are you sure you got the Void Heart? it's a permanently equipped charm. if you have it, you've unlocked the ending, you'll just need to do something after you beat up Hollow Knight that should be pretty easy to figure out.

if not, you need two things. one involves the dreamnail. collect enough essence for the sage to "ascend" the dreamnail or whatever - this will allow you to access a dream you couldn't before - double spoiler - in the palace grounds, under the city

for the other, you'll need the ability to go through those weird black pillars. if you don't have that, you'll need to do a fight in kingdom's edge to get the king's brand, then go under the city to the ancient basin and unlock a big door. once you have that, search the queen's gardens.

once you have both things, you'll want to go back and search the abyss.

I.G.
Oct 10, 2000

Thanks, I've got it now! I fought the Hollow Knight once already with Void Heart, but somehow missed the essence circles floating out when Hornet stabs him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Good luck friend.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Radiant dooooooown. ONWARDS TO GODHOME! :ohdear: I feel I'll find my plateau there though, I know some of the fights are crazy.

I.G. posted:

Thanks, I've got it now! I fought the Hollow Knight once already with Void Heart, but somehow missed the essence circles floating out when Hornet stabs him.

Crush 'em like a.. Bug. :buddy: You got this! Some advice that helped me if you'd like it: Howling Wraiths is perfect to use against 'em. I'd find ample opportunities to use it twice before moving during phase 1, but the I'd almost always just focus on dodging when the balls and side spears come in.

My friend asked me to make them a meme cup for Silk Song, so I ended up playing around with Hollow Knight symbols. I have room for one symbol and I'm waffling between the Hollownest Symbol or Dream Zote. Vitruvian Grub was a runner up but I think I want to slap that on a bottle like the grubs are trapped in.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

I.G. posted:

I've freed the three dreamers

Is that what you think you were doing to them?

code:
Let us sleep little shadow.
Return to your darkness.
Allow us our peace.
Being serious, though, both of the times they talk to the Knight as a group they sound conflicted, and when you dream nail them alone it looks like Monomon wants the seals broken and Lurien wants them to stay. But you're definitely killing them to do it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Freeing them in the sense of, like, letting someone in a coma die, maybe?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It really bothered me the first time when they didn’t fight back at all...

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I think saying that you freed the dreamers is a valid statement. Being stuck in the dream doesn’t strike me as a particularly comfortable state, given that the dream is basically the source of corruption for bugs.

Also, Monomon summons Quirrel. She definitely understood that the seal was failing and her death was assured.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Each of the dreamers' body is already staged like a funeral or casket, so I think they were being treated as sort-of dead already, like basically being in a permanent coma. You're releasing them from eternal sleep

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Watching the video of the hunter mod inspired me to actually attempt a speedrun:

I got both speedrun achievents, so I'm happy with the result. Did a few detours to grab some extra mask shards (ended at 7 masks), and some pale ore for a second nail upgrade.

It feels very different to have spells be the biggest part of my damage output. The Hollow knight took a lot of tries, since I've gotten very used to fighting it with an endgame setup - the shorter nail range in particular kept messing with my muscle memory.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Nostalgamus posted:

Watching the video of the hunter mod inspired me to actually attempt a speedrun:

I got both speedrun achievents, so I'm happy with the result. Did a few detours to grab some extra mask shards (ended at 7 masks), and some pale ore for a second nail upgrade.

It feels very different to have spells be the biggest part of my damage output. The Hollow knight took a lot of tries, since I've gotten very used to fighting it with an endgame setup - the shorter nail range in particular kept messing with my muscle memory.

Nice! Congrats

I think the speedrun achievements were the ones I had the most fun getting tbh, I decided to take a stab at routing it myself instead of just looking up a speedrun route, and seeing what I could get away with. The planning stage was cool.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah and planning a route on steel soul mode adds a bit of extra challenge too, cause you want to get masks and upgrades to make certain fights a little easier. There's definitely no best solution unless you're already on that spreadsheet of 50 or so people who have beaten Pantheon 5 hitless

I wound up going for hiveblood since that's a lot of extra breathing room, but that carries its own risks too.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah and planning a route on steel soul mode adds a bit of extra challenge too, cause you want to get masks and upgrades to make certain fights a little easier. There's definitely no best solution unless you're already on that spreadsheet of 50 or so people who have beaten Pantheon 5 hitless

I wound up going for hiveblood since that's a lot of extra breathing room, but that carries its own risks too.

Steel soul planning was fun too yeah but I didn't think executing it was all that fun. I had a big mental block and played too safe because I was too afraid of taking risks and dying. I didn't even come close to dying in the run but it still felt like I was going to a few times!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
a playthrough done by a great and powerful knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LOG0S1HY70

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Amazing

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mazerunner posted:

Invincible,
Fearless,
Sensual,
Mysterious,
Enchanting,
Vigorous,
Diligent,
Overwhelming,
Gorgeous,
Passionate,
Terrifying,
Beautiful,
Powerful,
Grey Prince
Zote

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
I killed the singing miner lady today and it made me sad
I forgot that's where her location was or else I wouldn't have done it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
She was already dead, you just laid her to rest

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wait till you stab Marrissa with the Dream Nail and give zero fucks while doing it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Singing miner lady?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

Singing miner lady?

Millie! Or whatever her name is. She's by the entrance to Crystal Peak that you have to ground pound in order to open.

VVV you know what I think you are right, I am getting her name and the banker bug's named mashed up in my head.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I wanna say her name is Myla