Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ramp girl

Noooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Literally every "scripted" mission they've done, they get backstabbed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Female pilot torture scene, featuring broken ai

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Skyrim could fit in one of those craters 500 times!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Game crashes multiple times, they dont have saves, have to awkwardly redo all the movement, even the scripted dialogue between actual players

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
And thats like half the stuff that happened. And im barely scratching the surface of the game itself.

Cig never files taxes on time. Cig rebrsnds to CI

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Uh?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
drat watching someone have a psychotic break in real time is sick as hell

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Pixelemonade

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Meltdown syndrome

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
thank you

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i don't follow the thread too closely anymore but these last few pages have been p good

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
it's like SC's history flashed before my eyes

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

also, don't forget about your legacy, commandos

stolen from refunds sub

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And thats like half the stuff that happened. And im barely scratching the surface of the game itself.

Not gonna lie, this is starting to feel like the preamble to another Kirk Razr meltdown.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Dwesa posted:

stolen from refunds sub

Oh gently caress I hope that's some one trolling.

My dad got me a car for my 18th! What did you get ?

I got an IOU spaceship .jpeg !!!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

I also love how the pledge store is so complex. There are derative and options trading firms who have more straightforward transactions.

The current outrage over the CCU change appears to be a whole community who derive joy by buy buying chains of JPEGs in a certain order to some how milk a few dollars of discounts on outrageously priced macro transactions.

Spending thousands of dollars on false hope is not some how an investment strategy because you got 10 dollar discount.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Gravity_Storm posted:

Thinking of starting a Star Citizen crypto coin, there's money on the table here... my yacht wont buy itself

$FUDcoin to the moon

The CRuble

I want 10% for the name

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

drat watching someone have a psychotic break in real time is sick as hell

Jobbo's new Let's Play of the SC thread is going really well, don't you think?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I was excited to see some activity on this thread when I saw the new post count. Sadly it was just a single meltdown :(

I hoped there was some new SC drama happening.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

[...]

Jobbo_Fett posted:

This is why you don't do SC, kids. :cocaine:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

lobsterminator posted:

I was excited to see some activity on this thread when I saw the new post count. Sadly it was just a single meltdown :(

I hoped there was some new SC drama happening.

I enjoyed it, I always like seeing CIG's idiocy laid bare. And I never miss an opportunity to declare solidarity with a fellow ASL player.

Unfortunately new drama is much less common these days than previously, we really do need a new Crobblers intervention wherein he makes a colossal tit of himself as usual.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Why are you calling it a meltdown? It was super funny.

What was that about the female torture scene with broken AI? Are CIG delivering something of the kind to their psychotic fanbase?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, that wasn't a meltdown, that was a catalogue. I only wish there were links and/or summaries of the stuff, because it all sounds absolutely :allears: and I only got into learning of this shitshow sometime in 2019 or thereabouts.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah right. Next you are going to tell me that MoMA is Toast.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

CommissarMega posted:

I only wish there were links and/or summaries of the stuff, because it all sounds absolutely :allears: and I only got into learning of this shitshow sometime in 2019 or thereabouts.

It is a shame there's no definitive list, but frankly at this point it would be 100 pages long and there'd still be stuff left out, because the main principle with Store Citizer, as is often quoted here, is "There's always more, and it's always worse".

One thing I always thought funny was the secret investment from those extra special backers the Calders - it was just a vile piece of FUD until suddenly it wasn't, at which point the citizenry pivoted in their entirety and proclaimed it the greatest thing ever and of course they always knew it was going to happen.

In any case, I'd be uncertain as to the best way to catalogue the whole sorry saga - would it be better as simple chronological list (including the work CryEngine did for free on the KS demo in return for Crobblers using CryEngine) or would a categorised list be funnier, i.e. More Massive CIG Self Owns, Chris Puts His Foot In It (Again), etc.?

EDIT: PS this is funny

https://massivelyop.com/tag/star-citizen-derek-smart-drama/

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 17, 2022

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Jonny Shiloh posted:

It is a shame there's no definitive list, but frankly at this point it would be 100 pages long and there'd still be stuff left out, because the main principle with Store Citizer, as is often quoted here, is "There's always more, and it's always worse".

One thing I always thought funny was the secret investment from those extra special backers the Calders - it was just a vile piece of FUD until suddenly it wasn't, at which point the citizenry pivoted in their entirety and proclaimed it the greatest thing ever and of course they always knew it was going to happen.

In any case, I'd be uncertain as to the best way to catalogue the whole sorry saga - would it be better as simple chronological list (including the work CryEngine did for free on the KS demo in return for Crobblers using CryEngine) or would a categorised list be funnier, i.e. More Massive CIG Self Owns, Chris Puts His Foot In It (Again), etc.?

EDIT: PS this is funny

https://massivelyop.com/tag/star-citizen-derek-smart-drama/

Calders money was sold to backers as money for marketing sq404 (or maybe backers invented this as an excuse?). It was rationalized by that obviously when :iiasb: said all pledges go to development, they need some other money for marketing. Or maybe I remember wrong, it's hard to tell

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

commando in tophat posted:

Calders money was sold to backers as money for marketing sq404 (or maybe backers invented this as an excuse?). It was rationalized by that obviously when :iiasb: said all pledges go to development, they need some other money for marketing. Or maybe I remember wrong, it's hard to tell

Yep that was the opening play but it was chucked into the oubliette at some point along the way and rots there to this day. The narrative quietly shifted I think when CIG's accounts showed what a parlous state their finances had been in when the investment was made and that ackshully the money had always been earmarked for keeping the lights on AND THAT'S GOOD FOR STAR CITIZEN, but as you say it's hard to keep across all this stuff through the tears of mirth.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Was there even any marketing for SQ54 (after that investment)? I remember only some 'visual teaser' with ship rotating in model viewer and T-posing vanduuls and that was years ago :flaccid:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dwesa posted:

stolen from refunds sub

dangit im late! came to post this one

marumaru
May 20, 2013

also:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Dwesa posted:

Was there even any marketing for SQ54 (after that investment)? I remember only some 'visual teaser' with ship rotating in model viewer and T-posing vanduuls and that was years ago :flaccid:

LOL no of course not, they were too busy paying themselves with it.

This article from Variety at the end of 2018 has some interesting detail in it for any would-be chroniclers of this ongoing shitshow.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/star-citizen-budget-accounting-1203093928/

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, that wasn't a meltdown, that was a catalogue. I only wish there were links and/or summaries of the stuff, because it all sounds absolutely :allears: and I only got into learning of this shitshow sometime in 2019 or thereabouts.

Some of it is here

Thread recap

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Play Lost Ark. Its free and good.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Someone hasn't called his parents in a while.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Why are you calling it a meltdown? It was super funny.

What was that about the female torture scene with broken AI? Are CIG delivering something of the kind to their psychotic fanbase?

The one sq404 "demo" they showed a few years back was this convoluted mission where it ended up turning into a rescue mission to save a female pilot from pirates or something. Because naturally women weak, man strong, is the best way to get a good demo out the door that appeals to everyone.

Naturally you roll up to it and she's tied and beaten in the space ship and you get to rescue the damsel in distress. Because the other thing people like in your one demo you show of the game is some good women torture scenes. That makes your game awesome.

Naturally a scene like this sets off a variety of emotions in your citizens. None of which are the good kind, but rather the sort where they are planning to do this kind of thing in star citizen the mmo and a variety of torture mechanics are now spawned.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

Play Lost Ark. Its free and good.

Play games? When you could be instead waiting decades to play? How quaint.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pixelate posted:

Some of it is here

Thread recap

Aw yeah nice! Thanks!

The Titanic posted:

The one sq404 "demo" they showed a few years back was this convoluted mission where it ended up turning into a rescue mission to save a female pilot from pirates or something. Because naturally women weak, man strong, is the best way to get a good demo out the door that appeals to everyone.

Considering that SC's audience doesn't seem to have advanced since 2002-ish, this is brilliant marketing actually :colbert:

Seriously though, was this pre- or post- Stimpire? Because if it is the latter, that's all kinds of disturbing that they decided to go through with it anyway.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

The Titanic posted:

Naturally you roll up to it and she's tied and beaten in the space ship and you get to rescue the damsel in distress. Because the other thing people like in your one demo you show of the game is some good women torture scenes. That makes your game awesome.

Naturally a scene like this sets off a variety of emotions in your citizens. None of which are the good kind, but rather the sort where they are planning to do this kind of thing in star citizen the mmo and a variety of torture mechanics are now spawned.

it's very hard for me to remember that they actually showed sq42 footage before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

The Titanic posted:

Hey wow, I had no idea about this. I thought the only thing they showed about Squadron was that stupid "Morrow Tour" bit, unless this was part of that?