Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Cody will never be in the ring, only appearing in vignettes where he is carefully repairing a concrete throne. It culminates during The Resurrection Premium Live Event on Easter Sunday 2023. He is killed partially off camera with a Tiger Driver 98 during Trips’ Jumbotron entrance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cody Rhodes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They don’t allow black and gold anymore.

And the full body suit won't last long in Nick Khan's budget cuts release era, prices outrageous these days

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Cody hasn't even stepped foot in the WWE ring yet but I can confirm that Cody has Always Been Bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Cody hasn't even stepped foot in the WWE ring yet

explain this then

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NienNunb posted:

Do you think posting like this is endearing?

The Cody Rhodes of PSP

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe he’s coming back to find the Cosmic Key.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

explain this then

That's the Bastard Pac

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol Cody truly is Dusty’s kid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Will this mans Reign of Terror ever end?

https://i.imgur.com/6nuaU9M.gifv

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i want to hear cody's theme

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

explain this then

This is obviously a panel from a comic book where Mighty Mouse faces a supervillain.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

a.lo posted:

i want to hear cody's theme

Downstait haven't finished redoing the lyrics yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

explain this then

Two bastards walk into a bar

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Do you think posting like this is endearing?

he knows it sucks but he's one of Those. oh well, would rather stan cody than Taintrunner lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

Will this mans Reign of Terror ever end?

https://i.imgur.com/6nuaU9M.gifv

Holy gently caress the height on that

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I alternate between shock at how good Bron is and shock at the fact that WWE haven't hosed him up yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

he knows it sucks but he's one of Those. oh well, would rather stan cody than Taintrunner lol

Lmfao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bronn seems p.cool. Get some airbrushing on that singlet and a star is born

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Holy gently caress the height on that

yah that was sweet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bron breaker is cool as gently caress, why tf didn't they put him in the rumble.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

bron breaker is cool as gently caress, why tf didn't they put him in the rumble.

The rumble is for stars and legends, not performers that are still developing

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wasn't Cody the one that went on a copyright acquiring spree and got a bunch of his dad's gimmicks back to use in AEW? What would happen to those now that he left the company?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If he is the one who requested them, I think they stay with him. But that’s just me guessing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If he owns the copyrights then he can do whatever he wants with them

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Depends if he sublicensed them to AEW and what the terms were

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
he needs to insistently call the move a different name to truly live up to his legacy

standing steiner moonshiner

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Astro7x posted:

Wasn't Cody the one that went on a copyright acquiring spree and got a bunch of his dad's gimmicks back to use in AEW? What would happen to those now that he left the company?
Crossposting from the AEW thread:

Edge & Christian posted:

"Dusty Rhodes", "Cody Rhodes", and the "The American Nightmare" are all live trademarks registered to Cody Runnels.

Cody Runnels filed registrations for "Battlebowl", "Bunkhouse Stampede", "Superbrawl", "The Match Beyond", "Slamboree", "Bash at the Beach" and "The American Dream" in March 2019 but all of those were abandoned.

WWE filed competing registrations for most of the above in 2020 and currently:

"Battlebowl", "Bunkhouse Stampede", "Superbrawl", and "Bash at the Beach" are still live in TESS. Superbrawl was actually just filed this past January 19th.

"The Match Beyond" and "Slamboree" were abandoned a few weeks ago.

No one seems to have an active trademark for "The American Dream" as it pertains to wrestling. There were reports last year that Cody dropped the event name filings in an agreement with WWE where they would in turn drop their objections to Cody's filing for "Cody Rhodes" and "Dusty Rhodes" but I don't know if anyone confirmed that.

To add to this, All Elite Wrestling doesn't have that many trademarks that are directly attached to people; the full list of All Elite Wrestling LLC registered trademarks are (with some minor duplicates omitted)

- AEW, All Elite Wrestling, etc.
- A bunch of show names (Double or Nothing, All Out, Tuesday Night Dynamite, Wednesday Night Dynamite, Fight For the Fallen, Revolution, Full Gear, Blood & Guts, Stadium Stampede, Rampage, Battle of the Belts, The First Dance, Dark, Elevation, and some of these with "AEW" appended)
- Some marketing lines (Change The Universe, A Little Bit of the Bubbly, All Elite Fleet, Join the Revolution, Best Summer Ever, Elite GM, Watch Your Wrestling)
- The Inner Circle, Death Triangle, Blood Brothers, Too Sweet, Captain Insano, Forbidden Door, Forbidden Portal, Pinnacle, King of Harts, Paragon

That's it. The stable names are presumably proprietary to AEW, but the individual wrestlers/tag teams are not. They don't own anyone's ring names, though a large percentage of the wrestlers in AEW have their own trademarks filed for their respective names.

This is compared to WWE who has registered several hundred trademarks just in the past year, including several people's government names, and including "Scrapp Metal", "Scrapp Mettal", "Scrap Mettal", "Scrap Metel", and "Scrapp Metel" all individually, for as of yet unknown reasons.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

the american nightmare scrapp mettal

bartok
May 10, 2006

They should get Hook to replace Cody on the Go-Big Show. Love to see them cut to shots of Hook looking bored while a guy sets his junk on fire. If someone manages to get reaction from Hook they automatically win.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seems obvious to replace Cody with the actual Big Show.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Edge & Christian posted:

Captain Insano

:pray:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I got to see in person Cody/Wardlow in the cage right before the pandemic hit, then Cody suplex himself and part of Andrade through a flaming table last year, and for that I say thank you, Cody, you terrible self-booker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seems obvious to replace Cody with the actual Big Show.

But there's no more BS so this would make it just The Go

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The name’s Cody Rhodes and I’m hear ti say
I like sports entertainment in a major way

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1494335594364735497?s=20&t=ACPcEYiB3GLJqAdpoyzpmg

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gotta make room for Cody's salary

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First signed in '93 :rip:
https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/status/1494326567828275206

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

drat, they got rid of BOTH Spanish announcers.

Gonna find out Vince wanted younger guys at the booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i think cody is a fun wrestler to watch so it's sad i'll never see him wrestle again