Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
Ok I feel like I am losing my mind.

I am looking for rare class engraving books. I have like 15/20 from doing islands and quest tutorials. I have a loving shitload of the other ones, but not the class ones. Should I just not have it as this point? I just finished Rohendel and am like 500 ilvl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think I understand how event islands work. I went to the giant chicken one, got the quests, helped kill the chickens, but got almost no reward for it, nor an island heart, nor credit for the "collection adventure island rewards" welcome task.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
In retrospect, trying to blind speedrun the second abyss dungeon before weekly reset with only 15 minutes before servers shutdown (and not having actually read up on the mechanics) was a bad idea.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

MarcusSA posted:

Hopefully by the time the steam deck is really rolled out this game fully supports 16:10 because it kinda doesn’t right now. There are black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Forcing it to 720 fixes it but is far from idea for a 16:10 screen.

Game is broken on proton right now anyway thanks to the anticheat. So steam deck is a no go unless the devs fix the issue.

https://www.protondb.com/app/1599340

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The pugging situation in this game manages to be worse than wow. Berserkers who keep rushing at vertus and eating all 3 lives. People who completely ignore the orbs and so we completely fail the 2nd boss of the 2nd abyssal dungeon. I guess I will focus on islands and that sort of solo content and hope I can progress that way.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Day 4 of maintenance at nearly the exact same loving time. At least yesterday my server was back up within a hour, but this is still getting old.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's really cool that it apparently takes them three hours to reboot the servers with a new build. What are they doing, running around the datacenter with a USB stick manually copying files?

Maybe they should ask literally anybody in the AWS side of the business how to deploy software onto servers effectively.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I mean they're probably doing DB maintenance tasks at the same time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jabor posted:

It's really cool that it apparently takes them three hours to reboot the servers with a new build. What are they doing, running around the datacenter with a USB stick manually copying files?

Maybe they should ask literally anybody in the AWS side of the business how to deploy software onto servers effectively.

This is pretty common for games that need to do server maintenance. Lost ark is far from an outlier. Aside from the fact that they're doing these server updates once a day instead of once per week or month.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Borea's starts to go hard after the backtracking's over. I hope the next continent is good too.

MH Knights posted:

Every time I see Armen's name I can't help but think of Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan.

Same but

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Ok I feel like I am losing my mind.

I am looking for rare class engraving books. I have like 15/20 from doing islands and quest tutorials. I have a loving shitload of the other ones, but not the class ones. Should I just not have it as this point? I just finished Rohendel and am like 500 ilvl.

I just ran into this problem myself. I looked it up, maxroll has guides on Argon and Shadowmoon island for 11 books combined if you haven't done them yet. Otherwise, grinding/market board I guess.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Servers went down while I was in the middle of the powerpass abridged story thing. I thought it’d be shorter — I didn’t realize you play through some of the cool parts of the story. Hope my character isn’t in some hosed up halfway state tomorrow.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

joepinetree posted:

The pugging situation in this game manages to be worse than wow. Berserkers who keep rushing at vertus and eating all 3 lives. People who completely ignore the orbs and so we completely fail the 2nd boss of the 2nd abyssal dungeon. I guess I will focus on islands and that sort of solo content and hope I can progress that way.

I hope in a few weeks the dungeon situation improves as people learn that yes everyone *has* to do the mechanic or the boss will wipe your party, no questions asked. Maybe some day people will even start trying for counters so they can flex on their party, apparently it's a thing in the Korean version.

Doing solo progress on the islands is a perfectly fine way to do it too, you can pump your resources into honing the blue gear set and transfer those +'s to purple or orange pieces if you ever get a non-moron group to run the dungeons with. And if you don't, you still get to move on to the next tier once your gear is all +15.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

jokes posted:

Nobody likes or plays wardancer it seems but I really like it. Is something wrong with it?

Everyone just spent like a month watching tier list videos. So they all end up picking something some youtuber said was the best. I expect in a month or so other classes are going to see a lot more representation once people realize that all the classes are fun, and have seen the others in action.

mottbag
Nov 11, 2009

joepinetree posted:

The game has been out for a week, relax lol.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
After using it for Vertus and the second abyss It's wild that the group finder only lets you apply to one group at a time.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

mottbag posted:

The game has been out for a week, relax lol.

To be clear, this isn't a complaint about the players not knowing the fights. It's s complaint about the game throwing "one person can screw up the group" mechanics this early in progression, where it becomes really hard in an unorganized group.

mottbag
Nov 11, 2009

joepinetree posted:

To be clear, this isn't a complaint about the players not knowing the fights. It's s complaint about the game throwing "one person can screw up the group" mechanics this early in progression, where it becomes really hard in an unorganized group.

Fair enough, I understand the frustration. I guess in mmos this will always be a thing though.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

It’s me, the zerker that repeatedly gets juggled and dies. I’ll figure it out eventually though!!

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Looks like the new Euro region is up, crossing everything that it helps with queues

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

joepinetree posted:

Rather have the game drill "yes you need to look up the strat and do the dance as designed or you will never beat the dungeon" into players' heads in tier 1 instead of the endgame being complete babymode for a while before turning up the difficulty. Maybe people either start looking up the mechanics & performing them as intended or stop queuing into dungeons that will wipe them over and over for their stubbornness.

For funsies, here's the kind of stuff it's coaching players for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKm6XnULaHU

junan_paalla fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 17, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

dangling pointer posted:

I’ll figure it out eventually though!!

I won't :getin:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wonder if they'll ever fix the UI for big screens. Cause this is kind of untenable atm and I can't even force it to run at a low resolution and stretch it afaict. Low res full screen just puts a tiny gamefield in the middle of the screen with black bars around it.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Don’t tell anyone but… same.

If the average age of goons is 30s and 40s can’t wait to see what our gaming groups looks like in 20 years lol.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can't wait for the first gamer retirement home to be invented.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Bring back LAN parties.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

junan_paalla posted:

Rather have the game drill "yes you need to look up the strat and do the dance as designed or you will never beat the dungeon" into players' heads in tier 1 instead of the endgame being complete babymode for a while before turning up the difficulty. Maybe people either start looking up the mechanics & performing them as intended or stop queuing into dungeons that will wipe them over and over for their stubbornness.

And here I'm having trouble fighting Wili-Wili

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

dangling pointer posted:

Bring back LAN parties.

Retirement home lan parties with Eminem booming and like, Monster for over 70s everywhere.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
getting real sick of maints when I get home from work!! i just got gathering skills lemme fish you fuckers!!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

God drat Armen will one on one with demon lords but cannot prevent a few arrows when the plot demands it

And where was I during all this? Running?

Okay gotta admit the aftermath of ripping loving Solas to pieces was pretty satisfying

super sweet best pal posted:

And here I'm having trouble fighting Wili-Wili

He's been the toughest world boss for me by far at this point! Real trouble getting away from his scythe attacks.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 17, 2022

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This game is entertaining. Is like chewing gum only a goblin replace the old gum with new gum that still taste good periodically.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Goddamn the chaos rift number-go-up loop combined with the endless jingle-jangle of dropping loot really appeases my lizard brain. I don't have too much time to play this week and the rest bonus/quick 2 runs per day per class is really grooving with my free time too.

e:

Tei posted:

This game is entertaining. Is like chewing gum only a goblin replace the old gum with new gum that still taste good periodically.

yeah... this...

acumen fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 17, 2022

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
First group on Sigmund wiped until someone's gear was all broken and he didn't have the crystal aura so couldn't repair, I guess. Second group we discovered apparently if only 3 people are alive you only need to click 3 orbs cause we 3 manned that poo poo until the boss was dead. Good poo poo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What should I be doing with all of these piles of ability stones I'm collecting? I'm scared to sell/dismantle any of them. Do I find the ones with one or two of the skills I want and keep those then trash the rest?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

That might be what happens on vertus as people realize "maybe i shouldnt be dpsing 100% of the time as melee as ill keep dying." But in the abyssal dungeon everyone things its dps or lack of stagger..

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In retrospect, trying to blind speedrun the second abyss dungeon before weekly reset with only 15 minutes before servers shutdown (and not having actually read up on the mechanics) was a bad idea.

It is really hard! I couldnt complete this dungeon and I think it is something I should try with just goons and on discord to communicate.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol gently caress this

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

explosivo posted:

Lol gently caress this

Tbh the best part of the dungeon was watching everyone try and fail for a straight week as folks tried to even understand what to do.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The third dungeon is much worse. Instead of the boss reviving with some percentage of health if someone screws up, you all just die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ugh, me and my friends started in one of the more empty servers to avoid potential queue issues but now my friends have quit and while the server isn't DEAD yet I can already see it's going to become a ghost town eventually. It's already difficult to find enough people around for world bosses outside of primetime. I just want my book completion checkmark... Maybe I should just give up on it for now and actually move on. Maybe actually get to the endgame stuff.