Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

None of them got Reign of Terror? It took me a second to remember what it was called, but none of them?

Wonder if they would have taken The Terror which was all I could think of? Only defense is that that was broad as hell and it took me a second to get to the right country.

On the college tournament no one knew Basic Arlington trivia...really thought everyone knew that it was Lee's land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah, it weird how you can arrive at the French Revolution but then forget the most infamous part of it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've never been so relieved to see a contestant lose since James.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've never been so relieved to see a contestant lose since James.

I think she was the first contestant ever that I actually disliked.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
She was constantly doing these inane comments after giving responses before picking the next clue. You get like one of those per round (if it's actually funny). I'm astounded they didn't leave clues on the board.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

When was the last time the host told a contestant on air to get the lead out when picking a DD bet? I'm sure it happens all the time in studio but they edit it out, maybe the production staff was as annoyed as we were for her constant delays of game

E: and man, what a dumb loving bet once she finally picked it. There's only a few clues left on the board and you're within 50% of the winner's currrent score, you gain absoluely nothing by betting small

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

That was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen on Jeopardy. And she said she works in customer service? Yikes.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My DVR recorded the episode at 4:30 AM, so I'm excited to see what you all are talking about this evening!

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I laughed when that happened because you could tell the Jeopardy show editor was like "ah gently caress how am I gonna fix this?"

Ken was great, he's so good at transitioning between the clues and steering the game along. Mayim is still...not good at any of this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought she was funny tbh

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Poque posted:

I thought she was funny tbh

Yeah, same. Initially I thought people were complaining about mohawk guy.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I figured the complaints were about someone in the college tournament. I also thought she was funny and I was hoping she’d win.

The comment about getting to keep her black card after answering Tracy Ellis Rosswas great.

But yeah Ken does such an incredible job keeping the game on track.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Uugh, can't believe this slow-talking Stanford motherfucker won.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, same. Initially I thought people were complaining about mohawk guy.

yea same I was thinking 'man mohawk guy kinda stands weird but I don't get the hate', that lady was fine ya silly goons

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That was a hell of a hard final. I said Scooby Doo even though I knew it was wrong.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Naw, that's correct. Drove around in a van, solved mysteries.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
True, but I don’t think he’s been on the air for 50 continuous years.

Also because I’m the worst person I looked it up and Scooby Doo is seven.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

CPColin posted:

Naw, that's correct. Drove around in a van, solved mysteries.

I remember he had a pal, Scrappy Doo.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

HookShot posted:

That was a hell of a hard final. I said Scooby Doo even though I knew it was wrong.

I guessed Elmo, did not know that the muppets had canonical ages. But tbf I grew out of that show a quarter-century ago and have no kids of my own, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I could've seen guessing Elmo but I just happened to see a TikTok with a Sesame Street writer who mentioned that Elmo had recently been aged up from three to three and a half.

Count me in the camp that really liked the lady yesterday and wanted her to win. But I also liked the guy who won yesterday, and liked him more today. He just seemed really nice. (But I never watch the interviews so I don't know if his was about selling poisoned milk to schoolchildren or something.)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i noticed the daily double the other day during single jeopardy perpetuated the gulf of tonkin hoax

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

ninjahedgehog posted:

I guessed Elmo, did not know that the muppets had canonical ages. But tbf I grew out of that show a quarter-century ago and have no kids of my own, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:same:

I always thought most of the Sesame Street muppets were adults and Elmo was the explicitly child-like one? At least I came closer than the others with my guess.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I also guessed Charlie Brown, because my brain went right to animation and not muppets :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Never would've got that in a million years.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Either their own employees are getting confused about three games in a day, or are bad about making people stay for the whole hour:
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1494772371420372993?t=gyRbICWw7vNTz6kukB3TJw&s=19

I have zero faith they'll get any of the questions right

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Now that's how you get a final jeopardy wrong. Spectacular.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm confident enough that I got Final today based solely on the category that I'm making this post about it before they reveal the answer

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Haha. I looked at the category and was thinking that if I was playing, I'd probably wager zero, because the only thing I could think of was the Medicis. Still took me like ten seconds to realize that was the correct answer.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Me, at the ad break: Well, there's only like three of them that will show up on this show. Surely they won't go for the Medicis, since that's insanely obvious.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The second one is obviously Ha(b/p)sburg. What's the third? Romanov?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

CPColin posted:

Tudors or Windsor might as well. Maybe the Bourbons as well.

I seriously overthought this clue.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CPColin posted:

I'm confident enough that I got Final today based solely on the category that I'm making this post about it before they reveal the answer

Think the only time I've done this was 2-Word World Capitals. What's wild is one person didn't even have a guess.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CPColin posted:

I was thinking because of the category they'd go non-royalty.

So, let's see. You've got the houses of Lancaster/York in England, that works.

Yup, that's about it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, that was a hell of a game. Wonder how long it took to tape; Ken looked genuinely surprised.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
God drat it now I want to press that spoiler but I haven’t seen the episode yet.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Just....why. I have so many questions.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
What on earth was that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005