Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

WHO’S YOUR DADDY?

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is now a dictator.

By invoking the “Emergencies Act,’ Trudeau has declared martial law. Now he’s free to do whatever he likes to end the peaceful trucker protest. Trudeau does not need to follow the law because now he IS the law. The media machine that backs him with propaganda has announced that ‘freedom’ is a buzzword used by terrorists and racist white supremacists.

When corporations merge with the government, it is fascism. Trudeau has enlisted banks, without due process, to freeze the accounts of truckers and anyone who supports them. In other words, Trudeau is using banks to go after his political enemies. He is taking away their livelihoods and their liberty.

Canadians should start taking their money out of the banks.

He can arrest anyone he likes.

Hitler would be proud. Castro would be even more proud. After all, Justin is his biological son.

The evidence is concrete and Justin looks just like the Cuban dictator. Look for Trudeau to begin locking people up. It’s in his DNA.

Trudeau may find great resistance to his overreach. People accustomed to freedom don’t like it when it’s taken away. If Trudeau begins using force, he might end up facing his own ‘Ceaușescu moment.’

(Ceaușescu moment- Ceausescu was a communist dictator of Romania. He stood on the balcony addressing the people, when suddenly from below a chorus of “Down With The Tyrant!” began. The dictator is speechless, moving his lips noiselessly, then he disappears…)

— Ben Garrison

Three weeks ago Ben opened a rant with "Okay, maybe Castro isn’t Justin’s real father, but there certainly is a resemblance". I guess that's gone. Castro is now and forevermore 10010% Justin Trudeau's biological father!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Vib Rib posted:

Wouldn't that be $2,120 at 6%, or am I missing something about CPI
No, you're right.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Three weeks ago Ben opened a rant with "Okay, maybe Castro isn’t Justin’s real father, but there certainly is a resemblance". I guess that's gone. Castro is now and forevermore 10010% Justin Trudeau's biological father!

"Trudeau is clearly Castro's son, they look alike!" Draws them looking nothing alike.

Also wtf is that Ceaușescu explanation? He and his wife were executed. Is this Ben trying to be coy with his death threats? Because he's been drawing Trudeau in some process of being run over by trucks for weeks, we kinda get it, Ben, trust me you don't have to draw your political enemy hanging from a lamppost again.

Ben loving Garrison posted:

By invoking the “Emergencies Act,’ Trudeau has declared martial law. Now he’s free to do whatever he likes to end the peaceful trucker protest. Trudeau does not need to follow the law because now he IS the law. The media machine that backs him with propaganda has announced that ‘freedom’ is a buzzword used by terrorists and racist white supremacists.

And we all know that Ben is neither of those! (lol, racist white supremacists implies there are non-racist white supremacists).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm starting to think face blindness is a prerequisite for conspiracy theorists

I'm sure most people with face blindness aren't conspiracy theorists, but I'm suspecting you can't be a conspiracy theorist without suffering from face blindness because like every single one of them involves claiming that two people who look nothing alike are related or are the same person

The victims at every mass shooting are the same actors
Merkel is Hitler's daughter
Trudeau is Castro's son
JFK Jr is some dumpy guy named Vincent Fuscha

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Personal politics are genetic, everyone knows this

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Personal politics are genetic, everyone knows this

"It's in his DNA. Which is Cuban. No, I'm not racist!"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hitler-Castro mpreg

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

In which Ramirez assigns full responsibility to a teenage girl living in an authoritarian state.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Y'all are crazy. Grocery shopping is way more expensive. I could get bagged spinach for 2$ pre pandemic and now it's 3 for 10 on sale or up to 4. I defs buy less than i did.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Raised By Birds posted:

I looked it up to be sure, since I definitely remembered it, but in one of his rants Ben said this:

quote:

I’ve read that Justin absolutely hates the rumor that Castro is his real father. We should all rub that in.

So it is in fact possible he's presenting it completely seriously to own Trudeau. He could also genuinely believe it of course and just lie and say he's presenting it completely seriously to own Trudeau, of course. Right wingers do love playing off their genuine beliefs as a joke if they're confronted on it.

Anyway lol at the whole "Canada is now under martial law" thing. Once again just in a completely different reality.

How many drafts of this cartoon do you think Gary has in his wastebasket from him crumpling them up and going "No, Hillary needs to be fatter and have an even bigger butt!"

I'm also wondering if putting her boobs by her belly button was a conscious decision or if he just went "poo poo I can't draw her boobs with the pocket protector there, I'll just draw them lower."

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

HUP

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Bob Gorrell

A Good Cartoon

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Canada, our mortal enemy

Dana Summers

:buddy:

Tony Branco

quote:

In Deep Schiff The Durham Investigation is pointing at the Hillary Campaign for likely spying on Trump.
Surely this time Hillary will be arrested for being a diabolical supervillain or something.

Twelve by Pies posted:

So it is in fact possible he's presenting it completely seriously to own Trudeau. He could also genuinely believe it of course and just lie and say he's presenting it completely seriously to own Trudeau, of course. Right wingers do love playing off their genuine beliefs as a joke if they're confronted on it.

Or genuinely believe he's just kidding, until one day he decides he really does believe it.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I'm sure everyone will be shocked, shocked to learn that exactly the opposite was required, and proof of vaccination or a negative test were necessary for entry.

Kellies nomination: Worst Caricature

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 17, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like this one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
lmao I guess the marching orders re: the Durham thing have come in at last

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Has McCoy ever drawn a woman who wasn't a grotesque misogyny golem?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Skios posted:

Has McCoy ever drawn a woman who wasn't a grotesque misogyny golem?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
That's Glenn, though. Good luck finding anything close to that from Gary.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ah yes, Batman. Famous for having a living mother he has a strained relationship with

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kaza42 posted:

Ah yes, Batman. Famous for having a living mother he has a strained relationship with

It was Batman's fault that she became a widow, hence his motto: "With great power comes great responsibility."

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Y'all are crazy. Grocery shopping is way more expensive. I could get bagged spinach for 2$ pre pandemic and now it's 3 for 10 on sale or up to 4. I defs buy less than i did.

It's not identical everywhere. Around here, the only real significant price hike has been meat, and even that depends some on what animal and what cut - beef is up in general, but whole or half chickens are still cheap while wings have jumped and breast is up a bit. Milk is up a bit as well, but veggies, bread, and cheeses have barely twitched. Gas, meanwhile, we're consistently getting gouged at the pumps compared to most other parts of the state. (And I know it's generally pricier in other countries because of a variety of reasons, yes.)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Kaza42 posted:

Hence the popular spinoff series Batmum

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the continuing crisis in Ukraine – Russia is continuing to send troops to what is now the biggest concentration of forces in Europe since the cold war, contradicting Moscow’s claims of a drawdown on Ukraine’s border, Nato’s secretary general has said"

Telegraph:

Storm Eunice: ‘Stay indoors’ alert as 100mph gusts set to cause chaos :ohdear:

Matt:

Independent:

‘De-royaled’ Prince Andrew unlikely to return to public life

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Charles could be called as witness in cash-for-honours investigation

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Dennis is former ASIO Director-General Dennis Richardson who said that the government deliberately trying to play partisan politics of national security will only help China use these again Australia's national interest.

Leak, Son of Leak:

I'm not sure who that is. My guess would be deputy Labor leader Richard Marles who Morrison accused of being a Manchurian candidate, not at all confident in that guess.

First Dog on the Moon: Society is collapsing! Is it possible Grace Tame was once exposed to secondhand pot fumes?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

They should price the coins at 1p and call them nonce cents.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Mike Lester

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Fowl Play Democrat Chickens are coming home to roost like Defund Police, Crime, Inflation, CRT, Russia Collusion.
That's one roomy breast pocket.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raised By Birds posted:

Marty Two Bulls

Marty, that's not what "wherefore" means. It actually means "for what reason", which makes this cartoon incomprehensible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Marty, that's not what "wherefore" means. It actually means "for what reason", which makes this cartoon incomprehensible.

I dunno, "For what reason are you an employee" actually does kind of work in that context because the question the becomes "why are you working for me?" which is a valid question since the reason more people aren't coming back to many jobs is because they're being unfairly compensated for their labor.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

First time I've ever seen the specific phrase "but her emails" outside of this forum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno, "For what reason are you an employee" actually does kind of work in that context because the question the becomes "why are you working for me?" which is a valid question since the reason more people aren't coming back to many jobs is because they're being unfairly compensated for their labor.

Except it doesn't really work with the cartoon as drawn because that interpretation gives far too much self-awareness to the corporate fat cat.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know the reason is "they're lying and they don't care" but wow that was a rapid turn from "someone tangentially related to Hillary once mishandled evidence acquisition -> Hillary spied on Trump -> Hillary colluded with Russia."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I know the reason is "they're lying and they don't care" but wow that was a rapid turn from "someone tangentially related to Hillary once mishandled evidence acquisition -> Hillary spied on Trump -> Hillary colluded with Russia."

I'm now trying to work out a "Hillary Clinton as Percy Alleline" thesis but it just doesn't work.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Liz Cheney, Hero of the Democratic Party

Ted Rall posted:

Politics makes strange bedfellows and the enemy of my enemy is my friend but Congressional Democrats’ love of right-wing lunatic Liz Cheney has completely gone off the rails. Yes, she hates Trump but that doesn’t mean she has any integrity.

First Dog on the Moon: The day Roy the old border collie fell in the dam – WE ALMOST DIED BUT WE DIDN'T!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This one dude illegally accessed Trump's campaign's computers and spread the information about Trump colluding with Russian assets to several recipents, including Hillary's campaign, who had no clue as to the source of the information itself

becomes

This one dude illegally accessed Trump's campaign's computers and spread the information about Trump colluding with Russian assets to several recipents, including Hillary's campaign

becomes

This one dude illegally accessed Trump's campaign's computers and gave the information about Trump colluding with Russian assets to Hillary's campaign

becomes

This one dude illegally accessed Trump's campaign's computers and gave the information to Hillary's campaign

becomes

This one dude hacked Trump's campaign's computers and gave the information to Hillary's campaign

becomes

Hillary's campaign hacked Trump's campaign's computers

Somehow, the first and last sentence are exactly the same.

I beg everyone to watch this video. It's barely over ten minutes, just go and watch it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mikl posted:

I beg everyone to watch this video. It's barely over ten minutes, just go and watch it.

I tried, but sorry, the guy's voice is just too annoying.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ohhhhh. Oh my God. Okay, so the line isn't actually incomprehensible gibberish in the original.

It makes so much more sense now!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Durham thing is just Benghazi: Reloaded and the only people who give a poo poo about it are the same people who think Hillary Clinton purposely told security to stand down for the sole purpose to get Americans killed because she’s a Saturday morning cartoon villain

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Durham thing is just Benghazi: Reloaded and the only people who give a poo poo about it are the same people who think Hillary Clinton purposely told security to stand down for the sole purpose to get Americans killed because she’s a Saturday morning cartoon villain

So, basically, republicans who time traveled from 1991?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Not that hypocrisy matters but I thought hacking political opponents such as the DNC was good