Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Could someone help me with this puzzle real quick

well, first you need an "O", and then you need a "0"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

bi crimes posted:

ended the war in Afghanistan,

Extended the war in Afghanistan 3 months past the pullout date Trump had already negotiated.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

projecthalaxy posted:

Could someone help me with this puzzle real quick

Liberal: "Pat, can I solve the puzzle? 'It's the left's fault'."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vomik posted:

just tossing out ideas as an lol here but if I don’t ever actually register but just pretend I’m gonna run in like Georgia or something on Twitter to get a bunch of coastal libs to donate to my go fund me is that all above board? asking for a friend

you could start a candidate PAC and legally accept donations. spend it all on food, or if you get lots of donations, hire a trusted friend or family member and pay them a salary. yes this is 100% legal if you report where the money goes

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Is Biden to the left of any president before Reagan? Any at all in any way?

Maybe Hoover or Coolidge but that's a stretch and they were both in exceptional times (and were exceptionally right from an economic perspective). One could make the argument that if Biden were in their circumstances there would be no noticeable difference and I wouldn't argue against it.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I heard a rumor recently that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I heard a rumor recently that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

more and more people saying this

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
how can you argue that the Democrats will be destroyed when my self-worth relies on insisting they're not

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

projecthalaxy posted:

Also, Beto sent me a nice postcard asking me to vote him for governor. I am currently weighing my options.

I voted for Joy Diaz because no matter how well a campaign Beto can run, it absolutely won't matter when Republicans will pump radio/TV with "Hell yes we're gonna take your AR rifles."

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Liberal: "Pat, can I solve the puzzle? 'It's the left's fault'."

lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Vomik posted:

just tossing out ideas as an lol here but if I don’t ever actually register but just pretend I’m gonna run in like Georgia or something on Twitter to get a bunch of coastal libs to donate to my go fund me is that all above board? asking for a friend

Get that grift op.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Extended the war in Afghanistan 3 months past the pullout date Trump had already negotiated.

b-but orange man bad!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

i say swears online posted:

you could start a candidate PAC and legally accept donations. spend it all on food, or if you get lots of donations, hire a trusted friend or family member and pay them a salary. yes this is 100% legal if you report where the money goes

i saw someone shouting into the void on twitter about wanting to donate money to democrats is there a democrat i can donate to? and some candidate actually found it and was like yes me i'll take your money. the litmus test was whether the candidate would say "joe biden is doing a good job"

in that moment i seriously considered starting a pac, like there are people out there just desperately trying to chuck their money away for nothing, might as well channel that into something more useful like paying my bills

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SyRauk posted:

I voted for Joy Diaz

i think she's annoying on KUT so i can't do that

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if you start a scam pac, definitely make it a republican one to avoid prosecution

spend maybe 10% on the DA's campaign and you should be safe

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Make sure to always demand a weird amount like $27 or $30.33 or $69.42 in your mailers

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1494329717423427584?s=20&t=z45BBlBACMbGJj6eQPoeKQ
https://twitter.com/ThinkMiamiBeach/status/1494362539370717192?s=20&t=z45BBlBACMbGJj6eQPoeKQ

These people in November: How come no one voted for Democrats?? Don't you savages know how good you I had it? :qq:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/s...ingawful.com%2F

eat poo poo you old bitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If Russia does invade Ukraine, Americans say 57 - 32 percent that the United States should not send troops into Ukraine.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

every civilization will look at the past and say, "that was an unjust period." they will always tend to see their current moment as being more just than moments past, thus you can assume that those in the future will took at our present as less just than theirs.

no, progress is real and we should fight to make it and defend what we have won

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I had a college professor who was a gay man from africa.

I'm sorry but that did not happen 100 years ago it's not just a perspective thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Antonymous posted:

I'm sorry but that did not happen 100 years ago it's not just a perspective thing

you gotta be pretty dumb to spend 100 years in college

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there might still be a war against russia but biden and his collection of ancient bloodthirsty natsec ghouls have lost their mojo. they can't quite pull it off like they used to. it's all very unconvincing and pathetic.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vomik posted:

PM me plz

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

local democratic parties are having their county conventions next month, please for the love of God go there and run for all the local offices. The people who hold them are ancient and desperate for someone to pass the torch to, go take the power and then abuse it Tea Party style.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

like literally I got a spot on the state executive committee because I was the only person who could see well enough to drive back from the state capital in the dark

shame on an IGA has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Feb 18, 2022

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

like literally I got a spot on the state executive committee because I was the only person who could see well enough to drive back from the state capital in the dark

that's how they get you

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Antonymous posted:

What does your professor think about the Democrats eating poo poo in 2022?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

me, a rich person: I'm richer now. thank you joe biden most progressive president since fdr

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Is Biden to the left of any president before Reagan? Any at all in any way?

Reagan passed immigration reform, so Biden is probably to his right to be honest

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

It's simply insane to me that libs can't even conceive of the not well off. Like yeah, I'm doing great too because I own property and didn't lose any income during the pandemic. Anyone in that position was always going to be fine and in fact better than fine, it's all upside. What about anyone without that situation? Surely they're aware people like that must exist but I've never heard any of them talk about how, exactly and in detail, those people live their lives and what material concerns they have and how politics interface with that.

The republicans talk about and to them all the time, not to help them obviously, but instead to point them at some target for their anger. It's literally the basis on which their party builds their political project.

I can't tell if the dems/libs don't acknowledge them out of shame (they have nothing to offer), out of contempt (they are, of course, deplorable), or just because from their urban enclaves they simply don't believe they exist. I've always assumed it was contempt but I'll see things like these tweets and think to them it's like wondering what the Keebler elves talk about at dinner, except it's how poor people manage to stay poor.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I don't actually have numbers but probably the actual working class in service jobs etc are a lot worse off, between inflation and the plague, the richest are better off, and the middle class is probably a wash financially but split culturally between people who value stuff more (cars, boats, vacations etc) who are worse off and people who value work from home and job autonomy who are better. All of this pretty much falls on partisan lines that already existed, but it's mobilizing the right wing petty bourgeoises more because everything always does. Working poor are probably even more alienated from Dem party machines that govern in their local area than ever before, and the liberal petty bourgeoises aren't enough to win on their own

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vomik posted:

Yeah and then launder all the money to your friends and family by hiring them to run your campaign.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

shame on an IGA posted:

local democratic parties are having their county conventions next month, please for the love of God go there and run for all the local offices. The people who hold them are ancient and desperate for someone to pass the torch to, go take the power and then abuse it Tea Party style.

thanks for sharing this, I've run before and I'm planning to run again because the Democrats are in disarray

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LauraMiers/status/1494474398140706819

wow i sure wouldn't want to support the president that let that happen!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Real hurthling! posted:

Case in point

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

chumpsky

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
wasn't 2022 meant to be the 'winnable' senate map for the dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cefte posted:

wasn't 2022 meant to be the 'winnable' senate map for the dems

:lol: Hope GOP get enough Senators to impeach Biden and Kamala and give us Trump back.