Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

R. Mute posted:

i am immune to british law and will offer my services of calling him a pedophile racist for anyone who asks

You can have my bow

and my sword

and my axe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

We're refusing to come down on the side of unions in a dispute between a union and management but please don't stop giving us money.

Whole lots of libs say "well okay"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zeroisanumber posted:

We're refusing to come down on the side of unions in a dispute between a union and management but please don't stop giving us money.

What a strange man.

Management in this case being a local council run by the Labour Party!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

Management in this case being a local council run by the Labour Party!

Oh. So just have some bigwig call them and tell them to back down because politics.

Wait, what do you mean you don't want to do that?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/AlexTaylorNews/status/1494216784647499785?t=9IllLKfgW7xo4a70Q0I3NA&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

When your party finances are going good

https://twitter.com/GeorgeWParker/status/1494218484854796288?t=caEFuQuQDquW1uAnqbXv0w&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
is -wall going to become the new -gate

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Red and yellow makes ... orange? The perfect colour for this political alliance

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

No Dignity posted:

Red and yellow makes ... orange? The perfect colour for this political alliance

I mean, Kieth is an Orange Booker in all but name

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Nick cleggs long game is finally coming to the closing stages

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

they're just so...electable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Nick cleggs long game is finally coming to the closing stages

https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1494043938864390144?t=r9ySMO3erC1sNzu155HbMA&s=19

Meanwhile the top 2 labour MPs

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1494261894458261506?t=2VF5sxr0WPZdcKTb2bVp9Q&s=19

Jose has issued a correction as of 11:57 on Feb 17, 2022

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
well I've got good news for her about the behaviour of terror cops

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
These terror cops, they don't sound so good

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Venomous posted:

In 2010 during a brief flirtation with Twitter the MP candidates for my constituency started arguing in reply to my tweet about what a lib-con coalition actually meant, and the lib guy went to pains to tell me their colour was orange and not yellow. I thought at the time that they were trying to differentiate themselves from the SNP but now I realise it was about orange booking.

I also realised that Twitter wasn't for me as I don't want politicians randomly popping up to correct me over the smallest poo poo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
no one ever suggests training non-terror cops

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Venomous posted:

The Orange Bookers don't hate trans people and are up for legalising weed though

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tom Smykowski posted:

These terror cops, they don't sound so good

In fact they're terrible!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Very funny for Rayner to say this the same week Cressida dick was finally forced to quit considering her role in the Jean Charles de menezes case and who the former DPP who agreed with her at the time was

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

MikeCrotch posted:

The Orange Bookers don't hate trans people and are up for legalising weed though

they're certainly up for putting those things in their manifestos

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is her actual quote

https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/1494253800575623180?t=r0anCd6a-5D2iU86borEMw&s=19

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
bit like how starmer would be an ok Labour leader if he had even a passing intent on following his preelection commitments. he didn't, they won't

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Flipswitch posted:

they're just so...electable.
They're electable if you vote for th— :unsmigghh:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Humiliation for loser Keith

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Reminded of prince charles' hands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CoolCab posted:

bit like how starmer would be an ok Labour leader if he had even a passing intent on following his preelection commitments. he didn't, they won't

he was dodgy as gently caress based on who was supporting him. corbynism with some professionalism was a great sell and worth remembering something like 40% of labour members didn't even bother voting

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's kinda funny in retrospect how extremely effective the Kier boosting operation was right from the start of him becoming an MP and how obvious it was.
And the corbyn crew had absolutely no answer to it and couldn't even set up a successor

Massively outplayed by... This guy lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's kinda funny in retrospect how extremely effective the Kier boosting operation was right from the start of him becoming an MP and how obvious it was.
And the corbyn crew had absolutely no answer to it and couldn't even set up a successor

Massively outplayed by... This guy lol

...bud. we're friends and all and i hate to do this, but when you say "how obvious it was", do you mean to other people?

Communist Thoughts posted:

i'm concerned its just gonna be starmer as people hedge their bets, rightfully wary of both corbynism and the labour right. then we're gonna end up with a charisma-less void caretaker and the party doesnt advance in either direction. I guess you could go for worse options considering.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
I think even the most pessimistic people about Starmer weren't expecting him to just wholesale dump his pledges almost overnight and totally ratfuck the left after being in Corbyn's cabinet. There really needs to be more scrutiny in the mainstream around how the leader of the opposition only got their position through brazenly and openly lying to their selectorate, and telling the wider electorate they would do it again.

Of course this is all based around the idea that's now firmly cemented in mainstream media that anyone who voted for Corbyn in 2019 or, god forbid, was actually a Labour member, is irredeemable scum whose opinions should be scorned at all times. I'm sure this won't have a corrosive effect on our democracy in any way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/KarlTurnerMP/status/1494321495987818503?t=OWxpzuEG7TVD3luwz30RLQ&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

MikeCrotch posted:

I think even the most pessimistic people about Starmer weren't expecting him to just wholesale dump his pledges almost overnight and totally ratfuck the left after being in Corbyn's cabinet. There really needs to be more scrutiny in the mainstream around how the leader of the opposition only got their position through brazenly and openly lying to their selectorate, and telling the wider electorate they would do it again.

is this not like saying there needs to be more scrutiny about how the cops outside downing street didn't notice all the parties going on

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

is this not like saying there needs to be more scrutiny about how the cops outside downing street didn't notice all the parties going on

Sort of? I mean, I know *why* there isn't more scrutiny on any of this stuff. I'm just screaming into the void that Starmer can go "I openly lied to Labour members, and I will openly lie to the public also" and the main media response is "This is actually good, also Labour members deserved it".

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Ah, in that case yes I agree entirely.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

MikeCrotch posted:

Sort of? I mean, I know *why* there isn't more scrutiny on any of this stuff. I'm just screaming into the void that Starmer can go "I openly lied to Labour members, and I will openly lie to the public also" and the main media response is "This is actually good, also Labour members deserved it".

It's as if the media class approves of lies and liars. :thunk:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

ynohtna posted:

It's as if the media class approves of lies and liars. :thunk:

But Boris ***LIED*** about the ***PARTIES*** and so he must ***GO***

Please do not ask questions about when we originally found out about this

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/peachlux_/status/1494280351023304710

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine being taught politics by this guy lol

https://twitter.com/uslu_em/status/1494386225834348550?s=20&t=G2VmDJKUSt7ynA7R-j1X_w

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/carasadhbh/status/1494324228249718789?s=20&t=08JH7rtUguZJGXzNsq8qFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1494352692373860362